QB Stats Through Two Years

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
I get your point, but this is actually an indictment of Dak, not a compliment.

Also, comparing total yards to guys like Peyton, Tony, Brady, Marino, etc. who never run is pretty misleading. It's passing yards that matter for a QB - and that number is good enough to use here without skewing it.
I didn’t know passing yards & touchdowns counted more than rushing yards & touchdowns. Does one rushing yard equal a half a yard? Or maybe one rushing TD equals 3 points? :omg:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
This is what Dak is facing this year:

Likely a botton 5 receiver corp
The worst TE room in the league
An awful OC who has no imagination
All three of his all-pro Olinemen facing injury concerns

Carter

Reaction score
I get what you try to say but my last Impression was that he can not lead this Team anywhere without a whole elite O-Line and a Top 3 RB. He also has no checkdown Options anymore with Witten gone. We will see what he is about this season without a complete O-Line, a terrible Receiving Corps and no TEs.

MeAgain

Reaction score
But according to most on this sight, Dak is playing without proper coaching. If he had Shula, Landry, GB coaches, were would Dak be on this list. LOL ... Numbers are numbers and Dak is going to be Great. With or without great coaching.

Pants

Reaction score
Is this analysis each QB's first two seasons? if so, some on this list didn't play in their actual rookie season, especially when drafted, he was 3rd string...Dak wasn't expected to be the #2, let alone the starter...so, he is even that much more impressive....I don't think he is HOF candidate just yet or anything like that, but he is solid - glad he is a Cowboy - especially with the slop that we have behind him (please stay healthy young fella)

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
I get what you try to say but my last Impression was that he can not lead this Team anywhere without a whole elite O-Line and a Top 3 RB. He also has no checkdown Options anymore with Witten gone. We will see what he is about this season without a complete O-Line, a terrible Receiving Corps and no TEs.
So if he puts up 4,000+ total yards and 30+ total TDs this season with the lack of weapons you laid out, what will the story on Dak be?

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
Is this analysis each QB's first two seasons? if so, some on this list didn't play in their actual rookie season, especially when drafted, he was 3rd string...Dak wasn't expected to be the #2, let alone the starter...so, he is even that much more impressive....I don't think he is HOF candidate just yet or anything like that, but he is solid - glad he is a Cowboy - especially with the slop that we have behind him (please stay healthy young fella)
Here’s my response earlier to a similar question when someone asked if it was everyone’s first two years.

“Not technically. I used Staubach’s 3rd & 5th seasons since he missed a lot of time in ‘69, ‘70 & ‘72. Tom Brady also didn’t play his rookie year, etc.”

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
So if he puts up 4,000+ total yards and 30+ total TDs this season with the lack of weapons you laid out, what will the story on Dak be?

Dak is not a 30+ td qb, even if he had the talent around him. He has proven that he plays his best when the run game is rolling, which would reduce his scoring stats. It’s not a knock on Dak, Montana only threw 30 once his entire career, it’s just the style of QB Dak is.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Total Yards
Aaron Rodgers - 8,995
Peyton Manning - 8,009
Dak Prescott - 7,630
Carson Wentz - 7,534
Tony Romo - 7,345
Dan Marino - 7,332
Tom Brady - 6,780
Drew Brees - 5,627
Joe Montana - 5,532
Roger Staubach - 4,903
Troy Aikman - 4,789

Total TDs
Dan Marino - 71
Aaron Rodgers - 67
Dak Prescott - 57
Tony Romo - 57
Peyton Manning - 54
Carson Wentz - 51
Tom Brady - 48
Roger Staubach - 43
Joe Montana - 38
Drew Brees - 29
Troy Aikman - 21

Completion %
Dak Prescott - 65.2%
Tony Romo - 64.8%
Aaron Rodgers - 64.2%
Joe Montana - 64.0%
Tom Brady - 62.8%
Dan Marino - 62.2%
Carson Wentz - 61.5%
Roger Staubach - 61.4%
Drew Brees - 59.5%
Peyton Manning - 59.3%
Troy Aikman - 55.1%

Yards / Attempt
Roger Staubach - 8.7
Dan Marino - 8.5
Tony Romo - 8.3
Aaron Rodgers - 7.9
Dak Prescott - 7.4
Peyton Manning - 7.1
Joe Montana - 7.0
Carson Wentz - 6.8
Tom Brady - 6.5
Troy Aikman - 6.3
Drew Brees - 6.1

Interceptions
Dak Prescott - 17
Roger Staubach - 19
Aaron Rodgers - 20
Joe Montana - 21
Carson Wentz - 21
Dan Marino - 23
Tom Brady - 26
Drew Brees - 31
Tony Romo - 32
Troy Aikman - 36
Peyton Manning - 43

Passer Rating
Dan Marino - 104.5
Roger Staubach - 98.9
Aaron Rodgers - 98.5
Tony Romo - 96.5
Dak Prescott - 95.5
Carson Wentz - 88.8
Joe Montana - 88.2
Tom Brady - 86.0
Peyton Manning - 80.6
Drew Brees - 73.1
Troy Aikman - 62.0

W/L Record
Dan Marino - 21-4 (84%)
Roger Staubach - 20-4 (83%)
Tony Romo - 19-7 (73%)
Dak Prescott - 22-10 (69%)
Tom Brady - 22-10 (69%)
Joe Montana - 15-8 (65%)
Carson Wentz - 18-11 (62%)
Aaron Rodgers - 17-15 (53%)
Peyton Manning - 16-16 (50%)
Drew Brees - 10-17 (37%)
Troy Aikman - 7-19 (27%)

*sips tea* Mornin’.
I'm looking forward to Dak having a better or even great year
:flagwave:

Two things I'd like to point out:

1) Those out there that have concerns about dak, have them based on the regression from 2016 to the most recent data in 2017. Fair or not.

2) Not that it's important, but your Romo "actual" 1st two full years numbers are wrong.
Yards = 9034 (1st)
TDs = 71 (Tied for 1st)
Passer rating = 97.1 ( 4th)

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
Dak is not a 30+ td qb, even if he had the talent around him. He has proven that he plays his best when the run game is rolling, which would reduce his scoring stats. It’s not a knock on Dak, Montana only threw 30 once his entire career, it’s just the style of QB Dak is.
He had 20 TDS through 8 games last year with the run game was rolling. o_O

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is not a 30+ td qb, even if he had the talent around him. He has proven that he plays his best when the run game is rolling, which would reduce his scoring stats.
He's not a 30+ TD QB because he's not even asked to be as we are a run heavy team, a good run heavy team.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Dak having a better or even great year
:flagwave:

Two things I'd like to point out

1) Those out there that have concerns about dak, have them based on the regression from 2016 to 2017. Fair or not.

2) Your Romo "actual" 1st two full years numbers are wrong.
Yards = 9034 (1st)
TDs = 71 (Tied for 1st)
Passer rating = 97.1 ( 4th)
His first two years were ‘06 and ‘07.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Everyone's success or failure is in part a product of the guys around him (including coaching). I said it was more so than other guys in Dak's case. Wentz faced a lot of adversity with injuries last year as well and kept right along.

An injury or two should not mean a near complete collapse at the QB position (unless that injury is to a QB).

The Eagles were fortunate that their backup QB was capable enough to have a good run.

IMHO, offensive scheme has more to do with it than personnel. Would love to see Dak in an Andy Reid offense.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
He had 20 TDS through 8 games last year with the run game was rolling. o_O

And Wentz had 4 tds in one game last year. Do I get to also pretend he broke the all time td record because of that? Never ever credit a player for something he has not accomplished. Woulda coulda shoulda is not a tracked stat.