QB Stats Through Two Years

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Is there going to be a follow-up post about how absurdly doctored these “stats” are? Not to mention the complete lack of context by putting in guys like Staubach and Montana who played in completely different eras.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
And Wentz had 4 tds in one game last year. Do I get to also pretend he broke the all time td record because of that? Never ever credit a player for something he has not accomplished. Woulda coulda shoulda is not a tracked stat.
Dak had four TDs in two games last year o_O

DFWJC

Reaction score
Of course. They are TDs scored by the QB.
Didn't say it was wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was looking at passing TDs vs ints, as that was part of the conversation.

I notice rushing Tds are counted, btw, but fumbles are not.
Not bashing Dak at all here. Just saying that if they count one, then they should count the other.

Personally, I think when judging a QB, passing TDs are a bit more valid. Who's to say that Zeke couldn't get the rushing TDs, for example. But he sure won't get the passing TDs.
That's another topic though. Not worth debating it

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
So counting only 26 games instead of 32 is honest?
ok
26 against 31. And his 26 games came 3 & 4 years in the league, not straight out the gate as a rookie 4th round pick, if we’re being honest. Romo’s were great still, obviously.

Last edited:

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
Didn't say it was wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was looking at passing TDs vs ints, as that was part of the conversation.

Not bashing Dak at all here. Just saying that if they count one, then they should count the other.
Fumbles and lost fumbles are an inconsistent stat on PFR. If you find reliable numbers, feel free to add them.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
Personally, I think when judging a QB, passing TDs are a bit more valid. Who's to say that Zeke couldn't get the rushing TDs, for example. But he sure won't get the passing TDs.
It’s the same conversation for RBs. Marshall Faulk is half the RB if you only count rushing stats.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

If you're talking about turnover percentage I would agree, but I believe the conversation was centered around TDs.

I'll add Dak is 28th for QBs in fumbles with 4 (Jameis Winston #1 with 15) in 2007.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Fumbles and lost fumbles are an inconsistent stat on PFR. If you find reliable numbers, feel free to add them.
Yeah. I get it. And fumbles can come from something other than actually rushing.
Fumbling when sacked wouldn't have anything to do with trying to run the ball. It's be fairly arbitrary.
I hear you

tm1119

Reaction score
If you can’t see the flaws in Dak you need to take the blinders off.

I’m not saying he’s a bad QB or even that the Cowboys can’t win with him...but there are certainly legit questions about his ability to win big games against a good team with his arm. Can he consistently push the ball down the field without a great RB and O-Line? Or is he more of a game manager that needs a lot around him to win? With the $ he could potentially get as a franchise QB signing an extention you need to be SURE he is THE guy. In my mind we aren’t there yet, this coming season will be the true test.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

It's not more valid bc QBs have different skills. Some QBs are more mobile than others. Why handicap their advantage in comparison?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I didn’t know passing yards & touchdowns counted more than rushing yards & touchdowns. Does one rushing yard equal a half a yard? Or maybe one rushing TD equals 3 points? :omg:
It's misleading, especially since there's no context to any of the numbers. You're putting Dak in company that he, quite simply, doesn't belong in by picking and choosing stats.

You also left off guys, like Andrew Luck, who would be #2 on that list, and Mike Vick, who would be ahead of Tom Brady.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's not more valid bc QBs have different skills. Some QBs are more mobile than others. Why handicap their advantage in comparison?
I guess if I had a QB formula, I might give rushing TDs less weight. I would never discount it entirely, or even close.
Just me.