QBs rarely win Superbowls on extension expensive contracts

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
You couldn't possibly miss my point more and what was being discussed. The conversation was the fear people have if we don't have Dak as quarterback that the team can't win any games. I'm sorry that isn't simple enough for you to comprehend. That simple point has nothing to do with who Cooper Rush is or what the score of those games were.. the fact of the matter was this team can win games without this overpaid choking quarterback
Thanks for insulting my comprehension skills; but the fact is most NFL teams "can" win games with the type of defensive effort Dallas had in those games.

My point was the Cowboys have rarely (if ever) gotten that type of defensive effort since Rush left the lineup.

So yes, this team CAN win games without an overpaid choking quarterback. But how many games WILL they actually win once that day comes? The NFL today is geared towards the offense, and under Rush Dallas had very little of it. Averaging 1.8 offensive touchdowns per game worked for just a one month stretch in 2022.

So if people have fear of the offensive production this team would lose minus Dak, it's valid.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The last 2 Super Bowls were won by QBs with big contracts
no way!!!!..the last 20 SB's have been won by the same 3 people basically with one offs and backups claiming the others..actually VERY FEW like 1 or 2 was won by a "Franchise QB" on a rookie deal...and those 2 were by the same 2 QB's who are hogging the trophies...

Forneymike

Reaction score

QBs typically win super bowls on rookie contracts or team friendly contracts, Brady , Aaron Rogers , Mahomes , Wilson etc .
But now Dak wants an SECOND. Extension mammoth contract ? He has had that and has not delivered .
sometimes I wonder is it Jerry or Stephen approving such decisions.

In the last 14 years, how many QBs have won on Rookie contracts? 2 maybe? Brady had a billionaire wife so no one will do that. Rodgers contract was big at the time. Mahomes was in early years of big extension. The QB matters not the contract. Rookies don't win this game by the way so when you draft, get ready to not win it for at least 3 years. Now who are you replacing Dak with that can WIN a SB, not get there, that's all that matters

Forneymike

Reaction score
I’m telling you it’s not worth it.

The delusion on this forum is wild.

We just watched Tampa and GB move on from HOF QBs and go deeper in the playoffs than us but we HAVE to give Dak whatever he wants and we do nothing in the post season.
Did they win the SB? I don't care about championship games. I want to win the SB and that used to be the standard here not mediocrity of just making the game...come on

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
In the last 14 years, how many QBs have won on Rookie contracts? 2 maybe? Brady had a billionaire wife so no one will do that. Rodgers contract was big at the time. Mahomes was in early years of big extension. The QB matters not the contract. Rookies don't win this game by the way so when you draft, get ready to not win it for at least 3 years. Now who are you replacing Dak with that can WIN a SB, not get there, that's all that matters
How many got their first on their second post rookie contract?

Jarntt

Reaction score

QBs typically win super bowls on rookie contracts or team friendly contracts, Brady , Aaron Rogers , Mahomes , Wilson etc .
But now Dak wants an SECOND. Extension mammoth contract ? He has had that and has not delivered .
sometimes I wonder is it Jerry or Stephen approving such decisions.

Not exactly great timing as Mahomes is going for his 2nd win and is in his 3rd (out of 4) SB since signing his deal before the 20-21 season. But I get all you really were saying was that you hate Dak and were just looking for a veiled way to say it.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Not exactly great timing as Mahomes is going for his 2nd win and is in his 3rd (out of 4) SB since signing his deal before the 20-21 season. But I get all you really were saying was that you hate Dak and were just looking for a veiled way to say it.
why do we never see a thread like "Owner/GM's" who have failed for 20 years dont win SB's..lol thats actually a true statement...

basel90

Reaction score
Well this year alone we have a rookie ( Mr Irrelevant) Purdy from the 49ers reaching the SB . In fact he has more playoff wins than the cowboys in 30 years ., Dak is nowhere near Pathetic !!
let me give you other examples besides the ones mentioned , Nick foles won a Super Bowl , on a peanuts contract , not sure if he was a rookie .
hurts got to a SB in his 3rd year and making 2 million a year .
plenty of examples supporting the OP .

basel90

Reaction score
We get it . You love Dak And don’t care if he wins anything of significance. Enjoy and don’t worry he will not go anywhere as Jerry thinks like you and we won’t sniff a SB for another 3-4 years with your beloved Dak .

Forneymike

Reaction score
Well this year alone we have a rookie ( Mr Irrelevant) Purdy from the 49ers reaching the SB . In fact he has more playoff wins than the cowboys in 30 years ., Dak is nowhere near Pathetic !!
let me give you other examples besides the ones mentioned , Nick foles won a Super Bowl , on a peanuts contract , not sure if he was a rookie .
Foles is the only one who won. My comments had nothing to do with Dak. It’s the ignorance that thinks paying some guy cheap gets you a Super Bowl most of the time. Hurts didn’t win Jack if he didn’t win the game.

Forneymike

Reaction score
When Purdy wins, I’ll put him in the win column and it counts if not, he hasn’t won the big one which is all that matters.

basel90

Reaction score
Foles is the only one who won. My comments had nothing to do with Dak. It’s the ignorance that thinks paying some guy cheap gets you a Super Bowl most of the time. Hurts didn’t win Jack if he didn’t win the game.
You are factually correct if the criteria is a SB win , which is all that matters .
but the fact remains many QBs won on much cheaper contracts than Dak . This includes stafford , foles , and mahomes first SB , plus Brady with tampa costing 24 mil only .

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The Eagles front office actually went all in to build a loaded roster around Hurts while he was on his rookie contract and did do through free agency and did more than what Jerry or Stephen Jones did for Dak while he was on his rookie contract. And the Eagles still didn't actually win the Super Bowl. And now have paid Jalen Hurts with the question now being can Jalen Hurts ever get back to playing like how he did in 2021 and can Hurts overcome the history of Super Bowl losing QBs who never made it back.

The whole question of this thread is about QBs who don't win Super Bowls after they are extended. When most QBs don't win a Super Bowl on their rookie contracts. Mahomes is different for being a truly generational talent. And we'll see what Purdy is about to do. But if the Niners don't win, he'll join Jalen Hurts on the list of QBs who haven't won a Super Bowl on their rookie contracts despite having a front office going all in as far as offseason and pre trade deadline roster building goes.