QBs rarely win Superbowls on extension expensive contracts

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
Just as an fyi, Baltimore is pretty infamous for collapsing in games.

Also, in Lamar’s four playoff losses, his team has only scored 10 points in each one.
What Baltimore does has no bearing on the Cowboys success or lack thereof.

Kwyn

Reaction score
What Baltimore does has no bearing on the Cowboys success or lack thereof.
The poster I replied to specifically mentioned Lamar as someone who elevated his play in big games to carry his team when the opposite is actually true.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
The poster I replied to specifically mentioned Lamar as someone who elevated his play in big games to carry his team when the opposite is actually true.
You are right, he did.
But in reality, whatever Lamar did really has no bearing on our performance.

If Dak makes a billion dollars and craps the bed in big games, and Lamar makes billion dollars and craps the bed in big games, trying to show equivalence or lack of equivalence is meaningless.
If one lets their teams down repeatedly while sucking up available team development money in the process, that's an individual problem.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Two separate issues:
1. The % of SB winning QBs that were on rookie contracts is small.

2. Dak.
It’s not only that

Vets taking a discount is big too

If youre QB isn’t one of these freak QBs then paying them all this money and trying to win a title is nearly impossible.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Learn to read better is all I can tell you.
You said it multiple times in a debate just prior to re-signing Dak. You better hope I don’t locate the thread and posts. :thumbup:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
well, dak didn't win on a cheap contract and he will without a doubt never win with his mega extension. Mark it down, just like jason garrett will never win a super bow.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Team went 4-1 with the backup scrub in 2022.
And scored a grand total of nine touchdowns in those five games. Dallas' defense did not allow more than 17 points in any of Rush's four wins. The one time they did not he lost. How many times has the offense gotten that kind of support from the defense since?

I don't know why this is so hard for people to comprehend. This is not a "bash Rush" or a "love Dak" statement. It's a simple fact. The Cowboys won with Rush on the back of amazing defensive performances while Rush simply did his job.

Also, if Rush is the answer, why did he get only two offers as a free agent this past offseason? A backup deal from the Bengals and a backup deal from the Cowboys, and he stayed home. Guess every other team out there did not need a playoff caliber QB???

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Learn to read.. Sound it out if you must. No shame.
You and I both know what you said and you repeated it. If they didn’t update the format it would be easy to find.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Only 1 of the 4 QB's last weekend was still on his rookie contract.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
My question is does Dak get one more extension or two more extensions? Do we keep him until he's 34-35 and move on or is it 37-38 years old. You just don't see QBs staying with one team their whole career with such little playoff success but here we are.
They want to make Dak the Jason Garrett of Quarterbacks...

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Hang on.. don't you and your mates always say QB's don't play QB's?

Pick one side of the street to stay on.
That was the year everyone was mentioning that Tom Brady wasn't the same guy anymore. Classic Dak Homer has to embellish the matchup.

Staubacher

Reaction score
And scored a grand total of nine touchdowns in those five games. Dallas' defense did not allow more than 17 points in any of Rush's four wins. The one time they did not he lost. How many times has the offense gotten that kind of support from the defense since?

I don't know why this is so hard for people to comprehend. This is not a "bash Rush" or a "love Dak" statement. It's a simple fact. The Cowboys won with Rush on the back of amazing defensive performances while Rush simply did his job.

Also, if Rush is the answer, why did he get only two offers as a free agent this past offseason? A backup deal from the Bengals and a backup deal from the Cowboys, and he stayed home. Guess every other team out there did not need a playoff caliber QB???
You couldn't possibly miss my point more and what was being discussed. The conversation was the fear people have if we don't have Dak as quarterback that the team can't win any games. I'm sorry that isn't simple enough for you to comprehend. That simple point has nothing to do with who Cooper Rush is or what the score of those games were.. the fact of the matter was this team can win games without this overpaid choking quarterback

Sandyf

Reaction score
Rogers, Mahomes and Brady all won on expense contracts. Everyone says Brady was a team friendly deal, need to actually read the contract then tell me how team friendly it was. Same with Bradshaw and Montana and Steve Young and Peyton Manning and Eli Manning, eventhough the money was different then it was way more than their teammates were making.

You win when you have a good team in all phases of the game along with a bit of luck, i.e. the Purdy throw off the Lion DB facemask into #11 hands at the 4 yd line.