Quarterback Poll: Would you want Brett Favre as the starter in Dallas?

EndGame

Reaction score
If we end up with a QB other than Bledsoe this year, I hope he's a younger guy. This will be our third season with "old guys."

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
The man could still win a Super Bowl if he accepted a bus driver position, but the things that made him great would probably never let him accept the bus driver role.

My two cents.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
1Ware1 said:
Farve would get us an 8-8 record this year,and all of us that went to the home games would be upset.I think Favre's record in Irving is like 1-8 or something rediculous like that,He just can figure the crown out on our beloved field.The guy couln't win here when he was stellar,why would he win now?

um, maybe he couldn't win because the fans in the stadium weren't rooting for him...

That's like having a team have a 0-90 record at Texas Stadium, and saying that any player from that team wouldn't be able to win at Texas Stadium. Things change when people are rooting for you...

Anyway, I'd take Bledsoe over Favre. In the close games that Parcells loves, there is no place for a mass interception machine in Favre...

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
No... yesterday
No... today
No... tomorrow
No... next week
No... next month
No... next year
No... last year

No... No... No...

:enough:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
There is no doubt about it, in the overall grand scheme of things Brett Favre is a superior QB to Drew Bledsoe. Anyone who doubts that is simply out of their mind. However, we're talking about past glory and him being able to replicate that here in a new system versus getting rid of a guy who is a bargain and is familiar with the coach.

I highly doubt Jerry Jones wants to play musical QBs while making a serious run at a Super Bowl. The thinking just isn't conducive to rational thought. I gotta admit, I love the topic though. This thread and the other one have been fun to read with the Bledsoe guys panicking.

I knew it was going to be a good day.

:hammock:

budsboys

Reaction score
i voted no, i would never have wanted farve, if you can remember when the boys were winning superbowls, we always wanted to play the packers in the championship game, because we knew farve would throw a couple of picks in those games.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
YoMick said:
No... yesterday
No... today
No... tomorrow
No... next week
No... next month
No... next year
No... last year

No... No... No...

:enough:

where did u get that pic?

Reaction score
Hostile said:
There is no doubt about it, in the overall grand scheme of things Brett Favre is a superior QB to Drew Bledsoe. Anyone who doubts that is simply out of their mind.

I really don't think you can say Favre is superior yet. Bledsoe may end his career the way John Elway did. Would you say Favre is better than Elway was? Take a look at Elways' career stats sometime. For the first 10 years of his career his stats are quite a bit inferior to Studsoe's.

What if the Pats had won the SB in 1996? It wasn't Bledsoe's fault GB returned 2 kickoffs for TD's and it wasn't Bledsoe's fault Parcells decided to abandon the team a week before the game. Yes, Bledsoe threw 4 picks, but that's because he was playing catch-up -- we all know what Favre does when he is playing from behind. If that game had turned out differently, Favre would be the one with zero rings. Both QB's have won a conference championship game twice.

Farve was exceptional for a long period of time, but that time ended at least 3 years ago. Bledstudsoe isn't any slower than he ever was, and he is definately showing signs of improvement in the decision making department, to complement his gunslinger proclivities. Last season was statistically one of his best. If not for a total lack of talent at the FG kicker position, who knows what would have happened?

Let's not forget that Drew Bledstud has 33 career 4th quarter come from behind victories (5 last season!!) and counting. He also holds the all-time record for most overtime TD passes thrown.

In conclusion, Bledstudsoe rips all over Favre.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
on8thdayGodcreatedBledsoe said:
I really don't think you can say Favre is superior yet. Bledsoe may end his career the way John Elway did. Would you say Favre is better than Elway was? Take a look at Elways' career stats sometime. For the first 10 years of his career his stats are quite a bit inferior to Studsoe's.

What if the Pats had won the SB in 1996? It wasn't Bledsoe's fault GB returned 2 kickoffs for TD's and it wasn't Bledsoe's fault Parcells decided to abandon the team a week before the game. Yes, Bledsoe threw 4 picks, but that's because he was playing catch-up -- we all know what Favre does when he is playing from behind. If that game had turned out differently, Favre would be the one with zero rings. Both QB's have won a conference championship game twice.

Farve was exceptional for a long period of time, but that time ended at least 3 years ago. Bledstudsoe isn't any slower than he ever was, and he is definately showing signs of improvement in the decision making department, to complement his gunslinger proclivities. Last season was statistically one of his best. If not for a total lack of talent at the FG kicker position, who knows what would have happened?

Let's not forget that Drew Bledstud has 33 career 4th quarter come from behind victories (5 last season!!) and counting. He also holds the all-time record for most overtime TD passes thrown.

First, I'm going to tell you the same thing I told the other quack who tries to use that Bledstud stuff, it makes you look stupid. Your choice. Expect a lot of heat form other posters. Don't come crying to me.

Drew Bledsoe on the same team as Brett Favre would be an unknown entity. That's how good Brett Favre is. Madden gets a lot of grief for loving the guy. There's a reason John Madden makes millions talking about football. It's because he knows talent.

Save it for the other mindless minions. This isn't my first rodeo and you haven't got a prayer of even scoring a point in a debate over who is better. Not one single point.

Reaction score
Hostile said:
First, I'm going to tell you the same thing I told the other quack who tries to use that Bledstud stuff, it makes you look stupid. Your choice. Expect a lot of heat form other posters. Don't come crying to me.

Drew Bledsoe on the same team as Brett Favre would be an unknown entity. That's how good Brett Favre is. Madden gets a lot of grief for loving the guy. There's a reason John Madden makes millions talking about football. It's because he knows talent.

Save it for the other mindless minions. This isn't my first rodeo and you haven't got a prayer of even scoring a point in a debate over who is better. Not one single point.

I'm going to offer this just this one time -- you may forfeit now if you wish. There is no shame in acknowledging that you are wrong.;)

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score

OMG!!!

LMAO @@@ that name!!!!

"on8thdayGodcreatedBledsoe"

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

On a lighter note, what is the fascination with fishing and Bledsoe fans?

He's better than ANY quarterback since Aikman, but folks attack his supporters like they're proclaiming Staubach-esque greatness.

I think I read more Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson supporters on the Zone than I did Drew Bledsoe supporters. What's up with the animosity towards his backers?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'm going to offer this just this one time -- you may forfeit now if you wish. There is no shame in acknowledging that you are wrong.;)
You're out of your league son. Ask anyone here you trust. I don't lose debates to puppets.

Reaction score
Hostile said:
You're out of your league son. Ask anyone here you trust. I don't lose debates to puppets.

Clearly, Favre's days of having a shot at the big one are long since over. Bledsoe's are not. Let's just wait and see what the Frankenstud does over the next couple of seasons before we go saying the former #1 overall pick, who is in the top 10 all time in most passing categories, and is only 34, and holds virtually all the passing records for 2 franchises (and counting), isn't in the same league as Brett "the human interception generator" Farverer.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to continue to bury you with irrefutable facts this evening because of a prior commitment. This debate is -- to be continued.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Clearly, Favre's days of having a shot at the big one are long since over. Bledsoe's are not. Let's just wait and see what the Frankenstud does over the next couple of seasons before we go saying the former #1 overall pick, who is in the top 10 all time in most passing categories, and is only 34, and holds virtually all the passing records for 2 franchises (and counting), isn't in the same league as Brett "the human interception generator" Farverer.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to continue to bury you with irrefutable facts this evening because of a prior commitment. This debate is -- to be continued.
I take it you don't heed good advice.

Okay, here goes. Brett Favre's career began in 1991. Bledsoe's in 1993.

Favre was a 2nd round draft pick, no one expected him to become a star. At least not the Atlanta Falcons who drafted him and traded him to the Packers in 1992 after 5 pass attempts with no completions in 1991. In other words his career really began in 1992 after Packer favorite Don Majkowski got hurt. Favre's role as backup suddenly became that of starter and the rest is History.

Drew Bledsoe was the overall #1 Draft pick at QB joining the likes of Troy Aikman, John Elway, Jim Plunkett, and Terry Bradshaw as a chosen one. One big difference to this point, he hasn't led his teams to a Championship. In fact his playoff career is rather bleak. But let's not go there yet.

Favre's completion % lifetime is 61.5% while Drew Bledsoe's is 57.3%.

Favre's career QB rating is 86.0, Bledsoe's is 77.3.

Favre has averaged 7 yards per throw. Bledsoe 6.6 yards per throw.

Brett has played in 224 consecutive games as a starting QB. An incredible feat that likely won't be equalled. Drew Bledsoe has lost his job to a 2nd year 6th round Draft pick (who is very good) and an untested kid from Tulane. Go ahead and shout your little dance about how Losman is horrible. he still took the man's job. If it weren't for being gifted the starting role in Dallas he would probably have been a backup in 2005. Fortunately for himwe've done a poor job developing QBs and he filled a need.

Favre has seen his backups go on to starting jobs elsewhere...Brunnell, Brooks, Hasselbeck. Bledsoe has seen his backups take his job.

Brett Favre has a Super Bowl ring as a Starter. Bledsoe's is as a backup.

You brought up INTs. Favre has thrown 7611 passes, 255 to the other guys. Bledsoe 6458 passes with 198 the other way. That's the exact same INT %. You can't even win that one.

Favre has rushed for 1745 yards in his career. Bledsoe is way behind at 736.

Now let's go for the kill shots...

In the 14 seasons that Brett Favre and Drew Bledsoe have both been in the NFL Bledsoe has had 2 seasons where he won more games than Favre and 1 season they tied. That means 11 seasons Favre has won more games than Drew Bledsoe.

You want the numbers?

In 15 seasons Brett Favre has won 140 games. That includes 0 in 1991, his rookie year. In 14 seasons Bledsoe has won 96 games. That includes 2001 when he won zero but only played 2. For Bledsoe to be anywhere near Favre he'd have to win 44 games in 1 season. Since they only play 16 games I doubt this is going to happen.

Brett Favre has thrown 396 TD passes, compared to 244 for Bledsoe. In order to catch Favre this year if Favre were to hang them up Drew would need to throw 152 TD passes. You might not know this, but that woudl be a record.

You wanna try and say Bledsoe has played fewer games? Fine. Favre has played in 225 career games, Bledsoe 188. That is a difference of 37 games. In order for Drew to equal Favre he would have to throw 4.11 TDs per game for his next 37.

In fact, Bledsoe only leads Favre in 2 career categories. Fumble 44 to 27, and sacks taken.

I warned you that you were in over your head. Outside on the sidewalk if you look close there's a chalk outline of a man. Lie down in it. That's all that left of your "burying me."

Reaction score
Hostile said:
"I take it you don't heed good advice.

In fact his playoff career is rather bleak. But let's not go there yet.

Actually, despite a low passer rating, Bledsoe has a winning record in the playoffs.

Hostile said:
Now let's go for the kill shots...

In the 14 seasons that Brett Favre and Drew Bledsoe have both been in the NFL Bledsoe has had 2 seasons where he won more games than Favre and 1 season they tied. That means 11 seasons Favre has won more games than Drew Bledsoe.

You want the numbers? In 15 seasons Brett Favre has won 140 games. That includes 0 in 1991, his rookie year. In 14 seasons 96 games. That includes 2001 when he won zero but only played 2. For Bledsoe to be anywhere near Favre he'd have to win 44 games in 1 season. Since they only play 16 games I doubt this is going to happen.

Those sure are some "kill shots". I didn't realize that Brett Favre had the ability to win games by himself. You failed to post his stats as a defender, kicker, receiver, and coach. That's like arguing that Yogi Bera was better than Ted Williams because the Yankees won more games than the Red Sox.

Funny, you failed to mention the stats Favre has put up now that his team no longer has a dominant OL (something Bledsoe has never had) or Running Back (something Bledsoe only had for a couple of seasons long ago - Curtis Martin). Why don't you list all the probowl Receivers Bledsoe has had the pleasure of throwing the ball to? Don't bother, I'll do it: Ben Coats for a few years, Terry Glenn for his rookie year and last year only, Eric Moulds - who may be the most overrated receiver of all time, hands of stone, no balls at all, aging Keyshawn, and Witten.

There are 52 players on an NFL football team, plus coaches, plus intangibles. No way Favre would have won more games in Buffalo than Bledsoe, probably less.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
OMG!!!

LMAO @@@ that name!!!!

"on8thdayGodcreatedBledsoe"

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

On a lighter note, what is the fascination with fishing and Bledsoe fans?

He's better than ANY quarterback since Aikman, but folks attack his supporters like they're proclaiming Staubach-esque greatness.

I think I read more Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson supporters on the Zone than I did Drew Bledsoe supporters. What's up with the animosity towards his backers?

I will never understand why the 'drewpie' is loathed and hated so much, especially by fellow fans of the team that bledsoe plays for. Why is it so hard to accept that the man is a great player and that some of us are happy he's a cowboy? And why are some long time posters so angry that new users sign up to support bledsoe and the cowboys? The whole 'bledstud' subculture should send a loud and clear message to the people that continue to insist that Bledsoe sucks or isn't a great player. Why would such a sucky QB have such a large following of fans?

I have my own theories about all of this.....I think a lot of it has to do with the 'bandwagon' theory that most of these staunch bledsoe supporters (including myself) are perceived as trolls or not real cowboy fans. But why hate somebody for jumping on the bandwagon even if they aren't a lifetime Dallas fan? Why care if somebody became a fan last year or 10 years ago? A lot of people are probably intimidated to post here because they've seen what happens to bledsoe enthusiasts who post here. (getting banned or attacked consistently). I knew when I signed up here and if I posted pro bledsoe stuff I was going to be stigmatized for as long as I post here.

Another theory is the post aikman/separation anxiety syndrome. Too many cowboy fans were spoiled from the past success of this franchise and have refused to move on. In some peoples eyes no QB will ever measure up to aikman or staubachs legacy. Even if Drew goes on to win a title or two he will still be perceived as a 'hired gun', 'journeyman' or 'stopgap'...fans are ravenous and hungry for lombardi trophies...

Yet another theory is the Henson sabotage theory....many fans wanted Henson to play after testeverde failed because they believe he's the QB of the future, despite showing nothing and being sent to nfl europe.....Bledsoe wasn't brought in to play a year or two, he just turned 34 and the Hensonites realize their dream is shattered now and refuse to admit he's not the answer for this franchise.

You'd think this was a buffalo or new england board with all of bledsoe hate. People really think that hes an 'average' qb or washed up despite what he did for this team last year. Everybody knows that this was a playoff team last year if we would have had a kicker and more consistency with the oline and rb play. Bledsoe's heroics positioned this team, but we fell short in the end and our flaws were exposed.

I just wish there was a way that the drewpie could peacefully coexist here.....the sad thing is each and every one of us will be persecuted until none of us are left! But our arch nemesis's need to understand that the drewpie don't die....they multiply! :cool:

Reaction score
:thumbup:
Bledsoe4MVP said:
I will never understand why the 'drewpie' is loathed and hated so much, especially by fellow fans of the team that bledsoe plays for. Why is it so hard to accept that the man is a great player and that some of us are happy he's a cowboy? And why are some long time posters so angry that new users sign up to support bledsoe and the cowboys? The whole 'bledstud' subculture should send a loud and clear message to the people that continue to insist that Bledsoe sucks or isn't a great player. Why would such a sucky QB have such a large following of fans?

I have my own theories about all of this.....I think a lot of it has to do with the 'bandwagon' theory that most of these staunch bledsoe supporters (including myself) are perceived as trolls or not real cowboy fans. But why hate somebody for jumping on the bandwagon even if they aren't a lifetime Dallas fan? Why care if somebody became a fan last year or 10 years ago? A lot of people are probably intimidated to post here because they've seen what happens to bledsoe enthusiasts who post here. (getting banned or attacked consistently). I knew when I signed up here and if I posted pro bledsoe stuff I was going to be stigmatized for as long as I post here.

Another theory is the post aikman/separation anxiety syndrome. Too many cowboy fans were spoiled from the past success of this franchise and have refused to move on. In some peoples eyes no QB will ever measure up to aikman or staubachs legacy. Even if Drew goes on to win a title or two he will still be perceived as a 'hired gun', 'journeyman' or 'stopgap'...fans are ravenous and hungry for lombardi trophies...

Yet another theory is the Henson sabotage theory....many fans wanted Henson to play after testeverde failed because they believe he's the QB of the future, despite showing nothing and being sent to nfl europe.....Bledsoe wasn't brought in to play a year or two, he just turned 34 and the Hensonites realize their dream is shattered now and refuse to admit he's not the answer for this franchise.

You'd think this was a buffalo or new england board with all of bledsoe hate. People really think that hes an 'average' qb or washed up despite what he did for this team last year. Everybody knows that this was a playoff team last year if we would have had a kicker and more consistency with the oline and rb play. Bledsoe's heroics positioned this team, but we fell short in the end and our flaws were exposed.

I just wish there was a way that the drewpie could peacefully coexist here.....the sad thing is each and every one of us will be persecuted until none of us are left! But our arch nemesis's need to understand that the drewpie don't die....they multiply! :cool:

:thumbup: