Quarterback Poll: Would you want Brett Favre as the starter in Dallas?

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
on8thdayGodcreatedBledsoe said:

85% percent of this board would take Bledsoe over Favre.....I can't argue that Favre is a more mobile QB and a TD machine....but then again Bledsoe hasn't had near the amount of talent in his arsenal until now. Favre is washed up and needs to go play golf until his induction into Canton.

While all of these pretenders like the mannings, hasslebach, mcnabb and others fall on their faces....Bledsoe is going to be rewriting the NFL record book YET AGAIN this fall.

2006 is the year of the Drewpie my man! :bow:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hostile said:
"I take it you don't heed good advice.

In fact his playoff career is rather bleak. But let's not go there yet.

dead guy said:
Actually, despite a low passer rating, Bledsoe has a winning record in the playoffs.
My gosh this is pathetic. This is where you're going to start with an attempt at a rebuttal? Bad move Ex Lax.

First of all you are wrong. Bledsoe has won 4 of 8.

Second of all it doesn't come close to Favre who has played in 21 playoff games and has won 11 of them including a head to head with Bledsoe.

Hostile said:
Now let's go for the kill shots...

In the 14 seasons that Brett Favre and Drew Bledsoe have both been in the NFL Bledsoe has had 2 seasons where he won more games than Favre and 1 season they tied. That means 11 seasons Favre has won more games than Drew Bledsoe.

You want the numbers? In 15 seasons Brett Favre has won 140 games. That includes 0 in 1991, his rookie year. In 14 seasons 96 games. That includes 2001 when he won zero but only played 2. For Bledsoe to be anywhere near Favre he'd have to win 44 games in 1 season. Since they only play 16 games I doubt this is going to happen.
dead guy said:
Those sure are some "kill shots". I didn't realize that Brett Favre had the ability to win games by himself. You failed to post his stats as a defender, kicker, receiver, and coach. That's like arguing that Yogi Bera was better than Ted Williams because the Yankees won more games than the Red Sox.
Is this all you've got? This is lame. If this were a horse, I'd shoot it.

You got taken to school on every stat so you've got whine about it being a team game. Right, Brett Favre took a Green Bay team that was the joke of the league and he helped turn it into one of the most favorable places to play in the NFL.

That was lace panties at best man.

dead guy said:
Funny, you failed to mention the stats Favre has put up now that his team no longer has a dominant OL (something Bledsoe has never had) or Running Back (something Bledsoe only had for a couple of seasons long ago - Curtis Martin). Why don't you list all the probowl Receivers Bledsoe has had the pleasure of throwing the ball to? Don't bother, I'll do it: Ben Coats for a few years, Terry Glenn for his rookie year and last year only, Eric Moulds - who may be the most overrated receiver of all time, hands of stone, no balls at all, aging Keyshawn, and Witten.
I read that whole thing and all I can say is do you want a tissue?

Soap operas aren't that sad.

There's no crying in football. This is unreal. You actually think whining about his teammates is going to elevate respect for Bledsoe?

Wake up and smell the coffee brewing boy.

deadguy said:
There are 52 players on an NFL football team, plus coaches, plus intangibles. No way Favre would have won more games in Buffalo than Bledsoe, probably less.
There is absolutely no way to prove this.

I thought rebuttal attmept #1 was pathetic. This one is beyond pathetic.

What would possess you to think this would go over? Were you sittign there in your high chair thinking, "what will be the clincher? I know, I'll avoid all facts and try some speculation."

The chalk outline is blowing away in the wind.

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Hostile said:

My gosh this is pathetic. This is where you're going to start with an attempt at a rebuttal? Bad move Ex Lax.

Nope. He has won 4 of 7. In 1998 he pulled unbelievable, heroic, last second victories straight out of his butt in the final two games of the season to propel the Pats into the playoffs. Unfortunately, he had a broken index finger on his throwing hand for both of those games with a pin sticking out the end of it. His doctors told him if he played in the playoffs he would be risking permanent damage. So you see, Scott Zolack was responsible for the wildcard loss in 1998.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
dead guy?!?!

:lmao2:

Niiiice Hos...

But I can see where the Bledsoe fans are coming from.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
I will never understand why the 'drewpie' is loathed and hated so much, especially by fellow fans of the team that bledsoe plays for. Why is it so hard to accept that the man is a great player and that some of us are happy he's a cowboy? And why are some long time posters so angry that new users sign up to support bledsoe and the cowboys? The whole 'bledstud' subculture should send a loud and clear message to the people that continue to insist that Bledsoe sucks or isn't a great player. Why would such a sucky QB have such a large following of fans?
Because this is football, not jacks, hopscotch, or jump rope. It comes across like a giggling little girl. For the most part real football fans hate Chris Berman and his stupid little nicknames. This is no different.

B4MVP said:
I have my own theories about all of this.....I think a lot of it has to do with the 'bandwagon' theory that most of these staunch bledsoe supporters (including myself) are perceived as trolls or not real cowboy fans. But why hate somebody for jumping on the bandwagon even if they aren't a lifetime Dallas fan? Why care if somebody became a fan last year or 10 years ago? A lot of people are probably intimidated to post here because they've seen what happens to bledsoe enthusiasts who post here. (getting banned or attacked consistently). I knew when I signed up here and if I posted pro bledsoe stuff I was going to be stigmatized for as long as I post here.
If they have this same lame schtick, good.

B4MVP said:
Another theory is the post aikman/separation anxiety syndrome. Too many cowboy fans were spoiled from the past success of this franchise and have refused to move on. In some peoples eyes no QB will ever measure up to aikman or staubachs legacy. Even if Drew goes on to win a title or two he will still be perceived as a 'hired gun', 'journeyman' or 'stopgap'...fans are ravenous and hungry for lombardi trophies...
An actual football topic. Wow.

Go to a Denver site. Jake Plummer had his best pro season ever in 2005. Find out if Broncos fans like seeing him compared to Elway.

B4MVP said:
Yet another theory is the Henson sabotage theory....many fans wanted Henson to play after testeverde failed because they believe he's the QB of the future, despite showing nothing and being sent to nfl europe.....Bledsoe wasn't brought in to play a year or two, he just turned 34 and the Hensonites realize their dream is shattered now and refuse to admit he's not the answer for this franchise.
I bet this crow will go down bitter.

B4MVP said:
You'd think this was a buffalo or new england board with all of bledsoe hate. People really think that hes an 'average' qb or washed up despite what he did for this team last year. Everybody knows that this was a playoff team last year if we would have had a kicker and more consistency with the oline and rb play. Bledsoe's heroics positioned this team, but we fell short in the end and our flaws were exposed.
People here don't hate him. We hate the idol worship attempts to make us love him as much as you do.

Speaking for myself, I don't care for life with blinders on and syrup dripping.

B4MVP said:
I just wish there was a way that the drewpie could peacefully coexist here.....the sad thing is each and every one of us will be persecuted until none of us are left! But our arch nemesis's need to understand that the drewpie don't die....they multiply! :cool:
I will bless that day same as I did when the Church of Vinny left.

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Hostile said:

Second of all it doesn't come close to Favre who has played in 21 playoff games and has won 11 of them including a head to head with Bledsoe.

Is this all you've got? This is lame. If this were a horse, I'd shoot it.

You got taken to school on every stat so you've got whine about it being a team game. Right, Brett Favre took a Green Bay team that was the joke of the league and he helped turn it into one of the most favorable places to play in the NFL.

That was lace panties at best man.

I read that whole thing and all I can say is do you want a tissue?

Soap operas aren't that sad.

There's no crying in football. This is unreal. You actually think whining about his teammates is going to elevate respect for Bledsoe?

Wake up and smell the coffee brewing boy.

There is absolutely no way to prove this.

I thought rebuttal attmept #1 was pathetic. This one is beyond pathetic.

What would possess you to think this would go over? Were you sittign there in your high chair thinking, "what will be the clincher? I know, I'll avoid all facts and try some speculation."

The chalk outline is blowing away in the wind.

Look, I gotta tell you, you really aren't making much a case here. Now this sbneff fellow is quite the master of Bledsoe bashing. If you head on over to Buffalobills.com and go to the "around the nfl" board you can study some of his stuff. Of course, ultimately he is wrong, but at least he offers some compelling facts.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nope. He has won 4 of 7. In 1998 he pulled unbelievable, heroic, last second victories straight out of his butt in the final two games of the season to propel the Pats into the playoffs. Unfortunately, he had a broken index finger on his throwing hand for both of those games with a pin sticking out the end of it. His doctors told him if he played in the playoffs he would be risking permanent damage. So you see, Scott Zolack was responsible for the wildcard loss in 1998.
1994, New England went 10-6. 0-1 in the playoffs.

1996, New England went 11-5. 2-1 in the playoffs Super Bowl loss to the Packers and Brett Favre.

Doing the math as we go that is 2-2 dead guy.

1997, New England went 10-6. 1-1 in the playoffs.

Math time dead guy. Now up to 3-3.

1998, New England went 9-7. 0-1 in the playoffs.

Math isn't your subject is it dead guy? Tally is now at 3-4.

2001, New England went 11-5, though Bledsoe won zero of those 11 games. They were 3-0 in the playoffs. Bledsoe the victor in 1 of those 3 games. Did not play the other 2. 1-0.

Math sucks dead guy. That's 4-4.

On top of that I feel it incumbent upon me to inform you that this also means that in 14 seasons Bledsoe has been the QB to lead his team to the playoffs only 4 times.

In 15 seasons Favre led his team to the playoffs 10 times.

Yet another lag behind in the "burying me" game. I told you that you wouldn't score even a single point dead guy.

Chalk outline on sidewalk...lie down, before it blows completely away.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
dead guy?!?!

Niiiice Hos...

But I can see where the Bledsoe fans are coming from.
Don't try and explain it to me. I really don't want to know.

Reaction score
Hostile said:

1996, New England went 11-5. 2-1 in the playoffs Super Bowl loss to the Packers and Brett Favre.

2001, New England went 11-5, though Bledsoe won zero of those 11 games. They were 3-0 in the playoffs. Bledsoe the victor in 1 of those 3 games. Did not play the other 2. 1-0.

On top of that I feel it incumbent upon me to inform you that this also means that in 14 seasons Bledsoe has been the QB to lead his team to the playoffs only 4 times.

Yet another lag behind in the "burying me" game. I told you that you wouldn't score even a single point dead guy.

Guy, did you even read my response?? SCOTT ZOLAK WAS THE QB FOR THE PATS IN THE 1998 WILDCARD GAME! NOT BLEDSOE. So again, his playoff record is a winning 4-3. Geesh, this is too easy.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Look, I gotta tell you, you really aren't making much a case here. Now this sbneff fellow is quite the master of Bledsoe bashing. If you head on over to Buffalobills.com and go to the "around the nfl" board you can study some of his stuff. Of course, ultimately he is wrong, but at least he offers some compelling facts.
Don't put it to a vote dead guy. You won't like the results.

I don't hate Drew Bledsoe, I don't care to visit a Bills site, and I don't give a flying crap about sbneff's opinion.

You threw down the guantlet despite my telling you that you were in over your head. I specifically told you twice and you decided to take your best shot. Too bad your best shot was cork gun.

You're the jaybird who said I couldn't say "Favre is superior."

I just showed you that he is superior in just about every category boy.

Not all of them. I gave you Bledsoe as the leader in fumbles and sacks taken. I do have a charitable heart deep down.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:

Bledsoe is 4-3 in the playoffs...he didn't play in 1998 because his finger almost fell off after leading the pats two back to back come back wins against the bills and dolphins. Zolak played and lost, and he is credited for that loss not Bledhero.

Don't forget in a majority of those non playoff seasons Bledsoe played on subpar to very bad football teams and at least kept the team afloat and in the mix for a playoff birth. In 2004 he won 6 straight after the bills started the season 1-5 and 3-6. In 2002 he rewrote the Buffalo Bills all time record books, even surpassing the great Jim Kelly and the K-gun offense...he set 10 franchise records!

And who can forget last season.....5 of his 33 come from behind wins including the clutch pass to TGlenn with 30 seconds left at carolina!:bow:

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
otero1 said:
I meant his sig pic. :)

hehe sorry. I thought it was a stupid question...Either you or I was stupid, guess it was me.

Hostile said:
Don't try and explain it to me. I really don't want to know.

I'm not going to, don't worry. The Bledsoe fans seem to make some good points about Bledsoe (although yours are better IMO), but their Bledsoe manlove is just sickening.

Bledsoe fans - if you want to get taken seriously, refrain from using the word "stud" in any of your words...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Guy, did you even read my response?? SCOTT ZOLAK WAS THE QB FOR THE PATS IN THE 1998 WILDCARD GAME! NOT BLEDSOE. So again, his playoff record is a winning 4-3. Geesh, this is too easy.
Wow. Dead guy did score a point.

Go thump your chest and tell all your little friends how you won this debate.

4 playoff wins in 14 years is so much to crow about.

On everything else you got taken to school. Class dimissed.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Bledsoe is 4-3 in the playoffs...he didn't play in 1998 because his finger almost fell off after leading the pats two back to back come back wins against the bills and dolphins. Zolak played and lost, and he is credited for that loss not Bledhero.

Don't forget in a majority of those non playoff seasons Bledsoe played on subpar to very bad football teams and at least kept the team afloat and in the mix for a playoff birth. In 2004 he won 6 straight after the bills started the season 1-5 and 3-6. In 2002 he rewrote the Buffalo Bills all time record books, even surpassing the great Jim Kelly and the K-gun offense...he set 10 franchise records!

And who can forget last season.....5 of his 33 come from behind wins including the clutch pass to TGlenn with 30 seconds left at carolina!:bow:
When I want you to bark, I'll pull your chain.

Your twin decided I was easy pickings. How about the two of you actually try and refute the things I got right.

Yeah, that was an invitation to bark.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:

:scream:

IMO, that throw to TGlenn was more Terry than it was "Bledstud"...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
I'm not going to, don't worry. The Bledsoe fans seem to make some good points about Bledsoe (although yours are better IMO), but their Bledsoe manlove is just sickening.

Bledsoe fans - if you want to get taken seriously, refrain from using the word "stud" in any of your words...
Yeah, one point. That he is an amazing 4-3 in playoffs games in 14 years.

Pop the corks and pour the champagne.

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Don't put it to a vote dead guy. You won't like the results.

I don't hate Drew Bledsoe, I don't care to visit a Bills site, and I don't give a flying crap about sbneff's opinion.

You threw down the guantlet despite my telling you that you were in over your head. I specifically told you twice and you decided to take your best shot. Too bad your best shot was cork gun.

You're the jaybird who said I couldn't say "Favre is superior."

I just showed you that he is superior in just about every category boy.

Not all of them. I gave you Bledsoe as the leader in fumbles and sacks taken. I do have a charitable heart deep down.

Um, I think the whole point of this thread was to "put it to a vote", and, um, so far about 85% of the Cowboys' fans here want to stick with Bledsoe.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
hehe sorry. I thought it was a stupid question...Either you or I was stupid, guess it was me.

You have to understand the context of the word stud in Bled-stud....I'm not referring to him as a stud in the sense of looks or physical attraction. When I say stud, I simply mean he's a stud on the football field when he's doing his thing each sunday and dissecting opposing secondaries... I'm sure he has quite a ton of female fans, in fact Mrs. Bledsoe probably has to buy Studsoe repellent and spray it when eager female fans swarm them in public. :p:

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Yeah, one point. That he is an amazing 4-3 in playoffs games in 14 years.

Pop the corks and pour the champagne.

OK, i looked back over your stats...

The only thing I had against Favre was that he was an INT machine. I guess I didn't read the part saying that they had the same INT pct. You're right Hos...