Quarterback Poll: Would you want Brett Favre as the starter in Dallas?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
on8thdayGodcreatedBledsoe said:
Um, I think the whole point of this thread was to "put it to a vote", and, um, so far about 85% of the Cowboys' fans here want to stick with Bledsoe.
Nice try at a swerve there dead guy, but that isn't what our debate is about at all.

You said Favre isn't superior to Bledsoe.

I called bull.

You want to see a real poll about this? Let's ask the question this way.

"If you could have either of these 2 QBs, Bledsoe and Favre, in their prime, who would you take?"

On top of that, let's do this poll on any site but New England, Buffalo, Dallas, or Green Bay.

When you see the results I hope you've got tissues handy. Favre will win in a landslide, even on sites that hate him most, like Vikings, Bears, and Lions.

I'd bet you money on it, but I know you're probably a welcher on top of being a poor debater.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
You have to understand the context of the word stud in Bled-stud....I'm not referring to him as a stud in the sense of looks or physical attraction. When I say stud, I simply mean he's a stud on the football field when he's doing his thing each sunday and dissecting opposing secondaries... I'm sure he has quite a ton of female fans, in fact Mrs. Bledsoe probably has to buy Studsoe repellent and spray it when eager female fans swarm them in public. :p:
No one cares the context. We hate it. To a man you've been told by almost everyone here that it sucks. We aren't lying. It isn't funny. It isn't cute. It isn't clever. It's nauseating.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
OK, i looked back over your stats...

The only thing I had against Favre was that he was an INT machine. I guess I didn't read the part saying that they had the same INT pct. You're right Hos...
Throw in fumbles and Bledsoe gives the other team the ball on more possessions than Favre does. Plus he gets sacked a lot more.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Yeah, one point. That he is an amazing 4-3 in playoffs games in 14 years.

Pop the corks and pour the champagne.

* 43447 career passing yards....and counting
* 252 career TD's (includes 8 career rushing TD's)....and counting
* 33 come from behind wins....and counting
* 2 AFC Championship game wins
* 4-3 career playoff record
* Holds multiple franchise passing records for 2 different franchises...and counting
* Passed for over 3000 yards in 9 of 13 seasons, including 3500+ in 8 seasons, 4000+ in 3 seasons
* Passed for 20+ TD's in 7 of 13 seasons
* 4 pro bowl appearances....and counting
* 2 superbowl appearances
* 1 superbowl championship as backup

Really hope you make it to Canton Hostile, I know your a good guy and I'd be nice to meet you in person and discuss Bledsoe's past(and future) accolades. We can pop the cork and champagne together with 1000's of other Drewpies, I already know that bigneil and nors will be there as well. :bow:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
At this point in their career's, there isnt really much of an arguement to me made for Farve being the better QB.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
No one cares the context. We hate it. To a man you've been told by almost everyone here that it sucks. We aren't lying. It isn't funny. It isn't cute. It isn't clever. It's nauseating.

It's not supposed to be comical, in fact you'd be surprised how many PM's I've received over the Bledstud stuff...not all negative either. Some fans do appreciate and get a kick out of it.

If fact the Bledstud, Godsoe, Studsoe, Drewcifer, Studthrow, Bledhero, Bledstudoe, and countless other monikers have already become legendary in nfl message board lore. :bow:

All it takes is a few drewpies and a dream.....

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Hos your argument as to whether or not someone would want Favour over Bledsoe in their prime is pretty irrelevant given Favour is four years away from his prime.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
* 33 come from behind wins....and counting
* 2 AFC Championship game wins
* Holds multiple franchise passing records for 2 different franchises...and counting
* Passed for over 3000 yards in 9 of 13 seasons, including 3500+ in 8 seasons, 4000+ in 3 seasons
* 4 pro bowl appearances....and counting
* 2 superbowl appearances
* 1 superbowl championship as backup

Really hope you make it to Canton Hostile, I know your a good guy and I'd be nice to meet you in person and discuss Bledsoe's past(and future) accolades. We can pop the cork and champagne together with 1000's of other Drewpies, I already know that bigneil and nors will be there as well. :bow:

I will bottom line it for you Bledsoe4MVP. You are obviously not a "career" Cowboy fan. You are more of Johnny Come Lately fan.

You can throw stats all day long, but long time Cowboys fans are big NBC people. NBC as in No Body Cares.

If Bledsoe wins a Superbowl in Dallas. Dallas fans will rejoice. If Bledsoe wins 2 Superbowls, Cowboy fans will put him third on the list of all time Cowboy QBs. If he wins 3 Superbowls, Dallas fans for the most part still will not put him ahead of Roger Staubach or Troy Aikman. Homegrown is hard to beat and Bledsoe ain't homegrown.

On the other hand if Bledsoe does not win a Superbowl here in Dallas he may as well be Joey Harrington.

Like it or not that is just the way it is. Cowboy fans are a lot like the people of Missouri "Show Me". No excuses, stats dont matter, just win a Superbowl. His mission is simple, accomplishing that mission is not.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
B4MVP said:
Really hope you make it to Canton Hostile, I know your a good guy and I'd be nice to meet you in person and discuss Bledsoe's past(and future) accolades. We can pop the cork and champagne together with 1000's of other Drewpies, I already know that bigneil and nors will be there as well.
You forget or ignore the fact that your twin, dead guy, challenged me about Favre versus Bledsoe. So let's do this right.

Oh, and I care about meeting Big Neil and nors. If you want to know how much, ask.

Favre...53,615 and counting in 1 season more. In order to equal him Drew needs to throw for 10,168 yards in 2006 if Favre retires.

Favre...408 TDs (includes 12 rushing TDs) and counting in 1 season more. In order to equal him Drew needs to account for 156 TDs in 2006 or play 2 more full seasons and 5 games. To do this he only needs to score 4.11 TDs per game for 37 more games.

Favre...11-10 career record in the playoffs. A Super Bowl win. 10 seasons out of 14 took his team to the playoffs as opposed to 4 seasons out of 13 for Drew.

Favre...14 straight seasons over 3000 yards, 11 over 3500 yards, 4 over 4000 yards.

Favre...12 straight seasons 20+ TDs.

I deleted the sissy stuff like Pro Bowls. I could care less even if Favre has been to more Pro Bowls, which I imagine he has.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Hostile said:
You forget or ignore the fact that your twin, dead guy, challenged me about Favre versus Bledsoe. So let's do this right.

Oh, and I care about meeting Big Neil and nors. If you want to know how much, ask.

Favre...53,615 and counting in 1 season more. In order to equal him Drew needs to throw for 10,168 yards in 2006 if Favre retires.

Favre...408 TDs (includes 12 rushing TDs) and counting in 1 season more. In order to equal him Drew needs to account for 156 TDs in 2006 or play 2 more full seasons and 5 games. To do this he only needs to score 4.11 TDs per game for 37 more games.

Favre...11-10 career record in the playoffs. A Super Bowl win. 10 seasons out of 14 took his team to the playoffs as opposed to 4 seasons out of 13 for Drew.

Favre...14 straight seasons over 3000 yards, 11 over 3500 yards, 4 over 4000 yards.

I deleted the sissy stuff like Pro Bowls. I could care less even if Favre has been to more Pro Bowls, which I imagine he has.

Ouch...Ouch and more OUCH!!!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
Hos your argument as to whether or not someone would want Favour over Bledsoe in their prime is pretty irrelevant given Favour is four years away from his prime.
No, it isn't irrelevant. His contention was that Bledsoe has been superior to Favre.

If you did the same poll but made it "For a 1 season shot at a Super Bowl in 2006, who would you choose, Bledsoe or Favre?"

I guarantee you if you do the poll outside those 4 teams, Favre will dominate even after his horrid 2005.

He's the one who made the challenge. Not my fault the facts don't and won't bear him out.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
It's not supposed to be comical, in fact you'd be surprised how many PM's I've received over the Bledstud stuff...not all negative either. Some fans do appreciate and get a kick out of it.

If fact the Bledstud, Godsoe, Studsoe, Drewcifer, Studthrow, Bledhero, Bledstudoe, and countless other monikers have already become legendary in nfl message board lore. :bow:

All it takes is a few drewpies and a dream.....
I could care less, but I really don't know how.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
I will bottom line it for you Bledsoe4MVP. You are obviously not a "career" Cowboy fan. You are more of Johnny Come Lately fan.

You can throw stats all day long, but long time Cowboys fans are big NBC people. NBC as in No Body Cares.

If Bledsoe wins a Superbowl in Dallas. Dallas fans will rejoice. If Bledsoe wins 2 Superbowls, Cowboy fans will put him third on the list of all time Cowboy QBs. If he wins 3 Superbowls, Dallas fans for the most part still will not put him ahead of Roger Staubach or Troy Aikman. Homegrown is hard to beat and Bledsoe ain't homegrown.

On the other hand if Bledsoe does not win a Superbowl here in Dallas he may as well be Joey Harrington.

Like it or not that is just the way it is. Cowboy fans are a lot like the people of Missouri "Show Me". No excuses, stats dont matter, just win a Superbowl. His mission is simple, accomplishing that mission is not.

No I haven't been a cowboy fan my entire life, but I didn't become one overnight last spring when Bledsoe came here either....I'm a hardcore NFL fan in general and I'm well aware of this franchise's storied history regardless of how long I've been a fan.

I know that the bledstudsoe will never replace Aikman or Staubach as the top gunslinger of all time here, they were lifelong cowboys and have their own legacies. I just hope that more fans warm up to Drew, especially wins a world title. I'm not trying to brainwash anybody into believing otherwise, and I realize a lot of fans here are hungry for another lombardi trophy... just don't understand the massive Bledsoe hate going on and why some feel he's not going to take this team anywhere, even with all the talent added in the offseason. :confused:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
No I haven't been a cowboy fan my entire life, but I didn't become one overnight last spring when Bledsoe came here either....I'm a hardcore NFL fan in general and I'm well aware of this franchise's storied history regardless of how long I've been a fan.

I know that the bledstudsoe will never replace Aikman or Staubach as the top gunslinger of all time here, they were lifelong cowboys and have their own legacies. I just hope that more fans warm up to Drew, especially wins a world title. I'm not trying to brainwash anybody into believing otherwise, and I realize a lot of fans here are hungry for another lombardi trophy... just don't understand the massive Bledsoe hate going on and why some feel he's not going to take this team anywhere, even with all the talent added in the offseason. :confused:
Again, most of us do NOT hate him. We do hate the shove it down our throats with lots of syrup crap.

No one is that good.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
_566045_good_grief.gif

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:

I don't agree with everything 8thday said, I have no problem admitting that favre is superior to Bledsoe in several categories (particularly TD passes, # of playoff games played, and mobility) and I've never said that Favre sucks....he has great numbers and is well on his way to canton. But it's ludicrous to say that you'd take him over Bledsoe right now. Also you are comparing his CAREER numbers to Bledsoe's as of today...Drew is far from finished....

What did you mean by 'deadguy'....please don't ban 8thday for disagreeing with you...he's just trying to make a name for himself here like i have. :(

Also how come when you quote me it says B4MVP, are you trying to avoid saying Bledsoe because you hate him so much....you don't fool me hos:D

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:

OK bledsoe4mvp, here's my stance...

I'll root for Bledsoe, and I'll hope for him to lead us to a win. I by no means hate the guy. If he's leading us, I'll root for him. He certainly has the ability to lead us.

The problem is, you and dead guy:)laugh2: still laughing, hos) need to loosen up the Studsoe stuff a bit. Every time you argue a point, it hurts you. People don't take you seriously when you talk like that. If you want respect as a poster, use words that demand respect...

gbrittain

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:

I know you may not believe this but I promise you I am not a Bledsoe hater, I am more of what you call a Bledsoe doubter.

I am worried about his age and most of all his lack of mobility. I do not blame Bledsoe for the horrid O line last year, but I cant help but think his lack of mobility made things harder for an O line that did not need any additional challenges.

Just because I am a Bledsoe doubter when the pads are on and the whistle blows he is the QB of my team and I will cheer him and the team on to my fullest extent.

Again, all Bledsoe has to do is prove us doubters wrong. No small task, because it will take Superbowl victory to do so. All Dallas QBs will be judged by Superbowl rings and not yards passed for.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
OK bledsoe4mvp, here's my stance...

I'll root for Bledsoe, and I'll hope for him to lead us to a win. I by no means hate the guy. If he's leading us, I'll root for him. He certainly has the ability to lead us.

The problem is, you and dead guy:)laugh2: still laughing, hos) need to loosen up the Studsoe stuff a bit. Every time you argue a point, it hurts you. People don't take you seriously when you talk like that. If you want respect as a poster, use words that demand respect...

I hear ya my man, but the sad thing is that I could change my username to "HensonDynasty" and I'd still like catch heat from my 'fan club'.

I know some people could care lessa bout the monikors....but the studsoe stuff is contagious, and has spread to message boards nationwide. :laugh1:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
I don't agree with everything 8thday said, I have no problem admitting that favre is superior to Bledsoe in several categories (particularly TD passes, # of playoff games played, and mobility) and I've never said that Favre sucks....he has great numbers and is well on his way to canton. But it's ludicrous to say that you'd take him over Bledsoe right now. Also you are comparing his CAREER numbers to Bledsoe's as of today...Drew is far from finished....

What did you mean by 'deadguy'....please don't ban 8thday for disagreeing with you...he's just trying to make a name for himself here like i have. :(

Also how come when you quote me it says B4MVP, are you trying to avoid saying Bledsoe because you hate him so much....you don't fool me hos:D
I'm calling him dead guy because after I told him he wasn't in my league I ended my first spanking of him with a joke about lying down in the chalk outline on his sidwalk.

I quoted you as B4MVP because I didn't feel like typing out the whole name. Would you prefer dead guy's twin?

If you didn't agree with him you should have engaged him in a debate. You jumped on the coat tails of a skirmish he already started that was out of his element. Don't blame me for that.

For the last time, I don't hate Bledsoe. When you get that through your thick skull let me know.

Sad when 2 on 1 is badly outnumbered, and not the way you think it will be.