Quarterback ranking clarity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
The way he worded the intro makes a difference.

He asked what order GMs/teams would most want to build their team around....or going forward.
Not who played the best this season.

In that case, Herbert would be way up there
It's certainly why Harbaugh took the Chargers job.
That roster is aging and has holes everywhere, but they do have Herbert.
Nah, Herbert is getting a reputation as a choke artist. Remind you of anyone? How come our choke artist doesn't sniff the list but Herbert does?

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
Dak would be taken over Richardson, Tua, Cousins, Stafford, Purdy, Goff and Rodgers by the overwhelming majority of NFL GMs right now. He’d be taken over literally everyone in your “other” category. And he’d be taken over Lamar Jackson by a lot of GMs because Baltimore has to build an entire roster and offense around his niche skill set just to make him a functional NFL QB. He is a dramatically inferior passer by virtually every metric to Prescott.

This thread is nothing but an exercise in bias and hatred.
I watched the Sunday games and 3 of the 4 QBs were either "ok" at best or downright poor.

Our poor QB could have done just as well as those 3 but for some reason, gets way more hatred.

For the record, I'm happy to move on from Dak however, some of these "Dak is 20+ on the best QB lists" are just silly, hate filled takes.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
The man
1. Mahomes

Then the studs
2. Josh Allen/burrow/stafford

Then the questionable but talented stars
3. Herbert/lamar

Then the young ballers
4. stroud/love/Lawrence

Then the just good enoughs
5. Goff/cousins/purdy

6. Then the gatekeepes
Dak/rodgers/hurts/baker

Then this light I’m at just turned green so I’m done listing quarterbacks I gotta get going

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Dak would be taken over Richardson, Tua, Cousins, Stafford, Purdy, Goff and Rodgers by the overwhelming majority of NFL GMs right now. He’d be taken over literally everyone in your “other” category. And he’d be taken over Lamar Jackson by a lot of GMs because Baltimore has to build an entire roster and offense around his niche skill set just to make him a functional NFL QB. He is a dramatically inferior passer by virtually every metric to Prescott.

Hatred?

Oh my.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Nah, Herbert is getting a reputation as a choke artist. Remind you of anyone? How come our choke artist doesn't sniff the list but Herbert does?
Well, let's see
  • 5 years younger--an entire full contract younger
  • Bigger arm
  • Much taller, yet ...
  • Faster
  • Most would say a better pure passer but I won't even include that if you disagree. The other stuff is not debatable
Having said all that. It's fine with me if someone prefers our guy. I get it. No skin off my back, just saying what I "think" who GMs would prefer

Zman5

Reaction score

He asked what order GMs/teams would most want to build their team around....or going forward.

He still won't be the 4th QB on that list for any GM worth a damn. He is as much of a choker as anyone on that list and really hasn't done anything in his career.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Now that the season has played out to the Super Bowl matchup now, in what order would teams WANT each QB to be their quarterback going forward?

Forget meaningless stats. Who would teams actually want to quarterback their team in 2024?

This is the approximate order I think they'd be taken for the 2024 season (not considering age):

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Joe Burrow
3. Josh Allen
4. Justin Herbert
5. Jordan Love
6. CJ Stroud
7. Aaron Rodgers
8. Jared Goff
9. Brock Purdy
10. Matt Stafford
11. Lamar Jackson
12. Trevor Lawrence
13. Kirk Cousins
14. Tua Taigovailoa
15. Anthony Richardson

From the outside looking in, you'd still have Jalen Hurts, Deshaun Watson, Derek Carr, Baker Mayfield, Geno Smith, Dak Prescott, Kenny Pickett, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones, Bryce Young, Russell Wilson, Sam Howell...
Lamar Jackson at #11? Makes the list meaningless.

DFWJC

Reaction score
He still won't be the 4th QB on that list for any GM worth a damn. He is as much of a choker as anyone on that list and really hasn't done anything in his career.
Great. Your opinion is noted

bottleKids

Reaction score

And the stans accuse of us being morons who can't read, but yet none of them read his point about GMs and who to build around.

cowboybish

Reaction score
Now that the season has played out to the Super Bowl matchup now, in what order would teams WANT each QB to be their quarterback going forward?

Forget meaningless stats. Who would teams actually want to quarterback their team in 2024?

This is the approximate order I think they'd be taken for the 2024 season (not considering age):

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Joe Burrow
3. Josh Allen
4. Justin Herbert
5. Jordan Love
6. CJ Stroud
7. Aaron Rodgers
8. Jared Goff
9. Brock Purdy
10. Matt Stafford
11. Lamar Jackson
12. Trevor Lawrence
13. Kirk Cousins
14. Tua Taigovailoa
15. Anthony Richardson

From the outside looking in, you'd still have Jalen Hurts, Deshaun Watson, Derek Carr, Baker Mayfield, Geno Smith, Dak Prescott, Kenny Pickett, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones, Bryce Young, Russell Wilson, Sam Howell...
Theres Herbert way too high again!

bottleKids

Reaction score

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Joe Burrow
3. Josh Allen
4. Justin Herbert
5. Jordan Love
6. CJ Stroud
7. Aaron Rodgers
8. Jared Goff
9. Brock Purdy
10. Matt Stafford
11. Lamar Jackson
12. Trevor Lawrence
13. Kirk Cousins
14. Tua Taigovailoa
15. Anthony Richardson

Rodgers at 7 is the only one that irks me, but pretty good list. I think after one full season we may be moving Richardson up the list quickly, if he stays healthy. Dak is the same QB as Kirk Cousins, can be a regular season hero and beat up on bad teams. For that reason I would put him at 13 /14. Can't win big games, as we know specifically in the playoffs (2-5) to Kirk Cousins 1-4 playoff record.

Some people in this thread are going to attack you for not doing your list like this:

1.) Mahomes
2.) Dak
3.) Dak
4.) Dak
5.) Dak
6.) Allen
7.) Herbert...

etc...

:muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley:

bottleKids

Reaction score

LOL - half this board demands Dak has the best skill players, defense, coaches, weather, etc..... This is such a hypocritical statement.

I am pretty sure most competent GM's would take Purdy, Stafford and Goff over Dak. They all have proven the can win or get to the Superbowl.

Dak can't get past the second round because he needs the perfect everything.

9 years and counting .... THIS IS THE YEAR.

GINeric

Reaction score
The fact that Herbert is 4th on this list should tell you the list is worthless list made up by some clueless fan.

"Clueless fan" is an absolute compliment. This is a list put together by someone with an EXTREMELY low football IQ.

But I do love the comedy of it all, no matter how dumb the thought process of putting this list together was, it's always entertaining to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.