News: Quarterback trap

NotForLong

Reaction score
They also don’t fit the opinions of the people who think Dak is great.

So who does that leave? Me. Dak is a glorified bus driver, and the stats back that up. Better than just any old bus driver, sure. He’s a glorified bus driver.[/QUOTE]
Lol . . . Wish he would climb back into his **********

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Great article talking about the QB trap that the Vikings fell into last off season. Sounds a heck of a lot like the situation we are headed towards with Dak.

The Vikings flew straight into the pitcher plant with Cousins by paying a premium for a journeyman whose only hope for an MVP season comes from being surrounded by a superteam.

Just because the market says $30 million for your QB who is hitting Free agency at the right time doesn't mean he is Brees, Wilson, Rodgers, Luck.
Dak is an average starter. You can win with him, he won't kill you with a 5 turnover game. I never expect him to carry this team because I know what to expect. He has a solid floor and a low celing. Not someone I want to pay 30 million a year for.
All the Dak lovers can spin doctor this all day, but if you are actually honest with yourself. Dak is not an elite QB, and I am not insulting him. He is what he is. A good QB who should be paid fairly. To me that number is what Foles is getting in Jacksonville.

There's a reason why a bum like Cousins got a fully guaranteed contract. Same with guys like Foles and Keenum. QBs don't grow on trees.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Sorry I meant the first year. Of course the talent got built up to get us to the SB in year 4. Those teams were my life!!!
I still watch the best Cowboys football on Youtube.
I'm not cherry picking though, I'm saying Aikman was terrible his first 3 years and most didn't want him. It wasn't until Jimmy came out and said no Aikman is my guy. The entire point is Dak isn't some terrible QB or just average. Has he has some bad games, yes but to dislike the guy because he isn't perfect is sad. Not a single QB in history hasn't had perfect games every game since entering the league.

Dak is a franchise QB and is a winner. Maybe he doesn't improve anymore but maybe he wins MVP too. This myth that Dak is terrible is just that, a myth. He is above a ton of QBs when it comes to their first 3 years in the league which most consider better than Dak.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Then move out of the way. You are clogging up a 12-page discussion, Pompous.
The fact that this has run to 14* pages is mind blowing.

Dak will get paid what he gets paid

We wont pay him it or have any say in the amount

It's a pointless conversation.

The fact that it's the billionth thread on the matter makes it more so.

*correct number at time of posting.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I want proof . . . about your future prediction. . . because current trends don't point that way.

As Far as Average QBs winning in 1st 3 seasons . . . They do if they have 3 OL who are considered best at position and then add a Tank a RB. . . The kind that it takes 2 guys to tackle . . . then add in NFL trends where everyone is pass happy & design defenses to play nickel & Dime

Cowboys only team on schedule where you need 3 great Lbs . . . yeah you can win ALOT of Games with a big strong AVERAGE RB playing QB
All the excuses you make for not giving Dak credit for wins is so lame and you know it. The ball goes through him before anything else happens, so the wins are as much his as anybody. You want proof of my future prediction? That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. A prediction either happens or it doesn't. You can't prove them until they happen.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They also don’t fit the opinions of the people who think Dak is great.

So who does that leave? Me. Dak is a glorified bus driver, and the stats back that up. Better than just any old bus driver, sure. He’s a glorified bus driver.

Then your guy is less than a bus driver. An injury prone, less than a bus driver. Deal with that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bus drivers don’t lead the league in td passes, sorry

I can pummel you with their career stats if you're up for another intellectual beatdown again. Just say the word. It will end for you the same way it always does.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I can pummel you with their career stats if you're up for another intellectual beatdown again. Just say the word. It will end for you the same way it always does.

Don’t need it. Carson is a gunslinger, Dak looks real pretty with Zeke powering that bus engine.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
MELT DOWN? He said he liked Dak . . . He's putting out the Obvious of paying an Average QB and its trickle down Ramifications on the whole team moving forward
Whether anybody likes it or not, the qb is almost always the highest paid player on the team. Why is that? Because he has the ball in his hands on every play. Just about every team has "trickle down Ramifications" as you put it. You have to pay the man that handles the ball. Pretty simple. Oh, and whether you or anyone else likes it or not, Dak is gonna get paid.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Because you can't handle the truth. Nice of you to plainly admit it.

And yet Dak's numbers are better across the board. Choke on the facts.

There’s nothing wrong with being a glorified bus driver. You’re acting like it’s an insult. Be happy, you used to have a gunslinger and you ran him out of town. This is exactly what everyone wanted.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s nothing wrong with being a glorified bus driver. You’re acting like it’s an insult. Be happy, you used to have a gunslinger and you ran him out of town. This is exactly what everyone wanted.

I'm very happy. Say it as many times as you want in the effort to make you feel better, but just remember that 'bus driver' beats your team's *** nearly every time he plays them. Including taking the broom to you last year.

While your injury prone quarterback looks on in envy.