News: Quarterback trap

NotForLong

Reaction score
You need to seriously take back this era statement you just made. Please look at numbers which seem to make a big deal out of.

Yes in 1984 Marino had the best season by any QB ever. Marino was a freak of nature. How many other QB's threw for 4K yards during that time.
Maybe looking at 20 years of passing yards will give you something to ponder. Year and the number of QB's who threw for 4K yards

80- 2 QB's
81-1 QB
82-Stike
83-1 QB
84- 3 QB's
85- 1 QB
86--2 QB
87-Strike
88-1 QB
89-1 QB
90-1 QB
91-1 QB
92-1 QB
93-1 QB
94- 3 QB
95- 5 QB
96 -3- QB
97-0 QB
98 -2 QB
99 -5 QB
00 - 3 QB
Totally discredits that poster

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Are you really suggesting that Washington has had anywhere near the roster that we have? Aaron Rogers missed the playoffs the last two years -- are you telling me that Dak is better than Aaron Rogers?
No, I didn't suggest any of those things. However, if you value wins above all else, Dak has more than Aaron Rodgers in the last 3 seasons.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I don’t think that Daks agent would have a big problem if they wanted to wait till next season to negotiate a contract. Barring injury our Offense is set to be better than last year. Only going to make it easier for his agent to start at more than 30.
If Dak injures a leg He is Done . . 18 mil a year QB at best

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Great article talking about the QB trap that the Vikings fell into last off season. Sounds a heck of a lot like the situation we are headed towards with Dak.

The Vikings flew straight into the pitcher plant with Cousins by paying a premium for a journeyman whose only hope for an MVP season comes from being surrounded by a superteam.

Just because the market says $30 million for your QB who is hitting Free agency at the right time doesn't mean he is Brees, Wilson, Rodgers, Luck.
Dak is an average starter. You can win with him, he won't kill you with a 5 turnover game. I never expect him to carry this team because I know what to expect. He has a solid floor and a low celing. Not someone I want to pay 30 million a year for.
All the Dak lovers can spin doctor this all day, but if you are actually honest with yourself. Dak is not an elite QB, and I am not insulting him. He is what he is. A good QB who should be paid fairly. To me that number is what Foles is getting in Jacksonville.

Dak has a solid floor and a low ceiling.
Brilliant:clap:

NotForLong

Reaction score
Yeah, I largely avoid stat debates but I'm curious as to what "Plan B" is from the Dak sucks crowd.

It's not like the front office has a track record of routinely finding gems at the QB position. They're more likely to find another Chad Hutchinson or trade up to draft the next Paxton Lynch.
Any other average to above average QB would excel on this team . . . Zeke puts the Fear of God in Defenses . . . That aspect witch no other QB has, is why you can't accurately compare Dak to other QBs. I don't think any other QB has faced as many 9 man Boxes, maybe since the Jim Brown days.

Every down, Dak's Wr's are in Single Coverage and he is still not be able to read the field or throw an out (even though all 11 defenders are clogging the middle)

I am sorry I am tired of watching Dak Mismanage the offense for 55 mins and then win it in the end 17-14 . . .

I said before Last Season started I would be opened minded and let his play prove me wrong maybe he'll Improve

He hasn't. . . He's Garbage
Can't anticipate, read a defense or Throw accurately or on time.

Does He make Plays Eventually does he make defenses pay for overplaying Zeke . . . Nah

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
It's because the actual facts and stats refute their opinions, so they avoid them like the plague

They also don’t fit the opinions of the people who think Dak is great.

So who does that leave? Me. Dak is a glorified bus driver, and the stats back that up. Better than just any old bus driver, sure. He’s a glorified bus driver.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Dallas doesn't have the best RB in the league?....What in the world do you use for a gauge? He's won the NFL rushing title 2 out of the last 3 years and would likely have won it 3 straight years if not for that bogus 6 game suspension that Mara and Goodell dreamed up..........are you sure you're on the right board?....You have some mind boggling posts at times.
Amazing . . . and I love how all the Below Average stats are "Team" Stats . . . While Dan gets all the Credit for the "One" Official team stat . . . WINS

NotForLong

Reaction score
Weird way to start that dialogue then, but here it goes

Dallas doesn't have the best RB in the league either. Even if he did, it would not help Dak's individual stats.
Dak doesn't have three Olineman who are the best in the league at their respective position. This one you should already know, but you don't somehow.

PPG is a team stat, and Dak plays on a team that plays at the 28th slowest pace in football, had the 28th best starting field position, and on a team that had only one defensive touchdown. What actually matters is a team's yards per drive and points per drive, which the Cowboys came in at 16th and 15th respectively.

25th in redzone scoring- Well duh, and again this is a team stat. Who are the redzone weapons? Who was the signal caller in the redzone who currently has no job? And who was the running back that only averaged 2.69 yards inside the 20, 1.5 yards per carry inside the 10, and .33 yards per carry inside the 5?
Dak has some fault too, but man it's pretty damn silly to use that against one individual.

So Dak was 16th in QBR last year, so that brings his three year average to 7th. Having finished 4th and 3rd in the two years before that. Happy?

Okay now passer rating? His average is 11th. Having the 13th best passer rating when you start the season with Beasley, Hurns, Terrence Williams(rookie replaces him), and Geoff Swaim as your starting receivers then you've done a good job.

Only 9 QBs had more time to throw- this is completely made up and not true. Some don't know how to decipher statistics and this is one of those time.

No player had more fumbles- what you forget to mention is three players tied with him. One of those players didnt start until week 9. And three of those "fumbles" for Dak were when he was on the run in open field dropped the ball and picked it back up in stride. Nobody recovered more fumbles in the NFL than Dak.

He took unnecessary sacks. I'm not going to dispute it. He needs to get better in that aspect.
How Come all the stats that prove Dan is a bus driver are Considered " Team" Stats to you . . . but the one Official Team Stat " WINS" . . . Dak gets all the credit for

NotForLong

Reaction score
There is ALWAYS someone that makes this remark in Dak threads.

Yet, like this one at this moment, they go 11 pages or more.

Doesn't that contradict your point? Because someone wants to discuss this and not start this point on page 12 when no one will see it.
Lol

NotForLong

Reaction score
just curious. Even if you believe Zeke isn't the best, he faces a very large amount of stacked boxes also considering the amount of touches he has, and you don't think that allows the pass game to open up a little? Having Zeke is definitely an advantage for Dak and his "stats and wins". Dak having top 10 time to throw every year, surely some of that has to do with the OL and the other due to having Zeke, so in itself should allow Dak to shine. Is this the shine we're going to see or will there be improvement one of these years?
Yup and if Dak was above average as a QB he would be helping Zeke out by aliviating the pressure (of Course that was the WR's and play calling's fault)

NotForLong

Reaction score
Disagree. Dak is worth every penny of $30 million and by the end of that contract you'll come to see we got him cheap at that price. I don't buy your comparison of Dak to Cousins. Average starters don't win as much as Dak has in his first 3 season's, which is btw, more than any other QB in the NFC in the same timeframe.
I want proof . . . about your future prediction. . . because current trends don't point that way.

As Far as Average QBs winning in 1st 3 seasons . . . They do if they have 3 OL who are considered best at position and then add a Tank a RB. . . The kind that it takes 2 guys to tackle . . . then add in NFL trends where everyone is pass happy & design defenses to play nickel & Dime

Cowboys only team on schedule where you need 3 great Lbs . . . yeah you can win ALOT of Games with a big strong AVERAGE RB playing QB