News: Quarterback trap

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I'm very happy. Say it as many times as you want in the effort to make you feel better, but just remember that 'bus driver' beats your team's *** nearly every time he plays them. Including taking the broom to you last year.

While your injury prone quarterback looks on in envy.

That’s all fine, but it refuted nothing I said. So you’re agreeing with me.

Stats prove the Dak naysayers wrong. But they also prove the Dak apostles wrong. They do prove, however, that the wheels on the bus go round and round.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s all fine, but it refuted nothing I said. So you’re agreeing with me.

Not a damn word. But you keep trying troll. And I'll keep mopping the floor with you.

Stats prove the Dak naysayers wrong. But they also prove the Dak apostles wrong. They do prove, however, that the wheels on the bus go round and round.

Stats are exactly what you fear. Because they show exactly what I'm talking about. How Dak Prescott is better than your quarterback in every important statistical category.

dx-crotch-chop-gif-4.gif

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Not a damn word. But you keep trying troll. And I'll keep mopping the floor with you.

Stats are exactly what you fear. Because they show exactly what I'm talking about. How Dak Prescott is better than your quarterback in every important statistical category.

dx-crotch-chop-gif-4.gif

Not every. Not the ones that prove the team needs him to throw the football, as opposed to drive the bus.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Should rename this thread the eagles fan invasion....:facepalm:

They want so badly to take shots at Prescott while trying to ignore the fact that he's been better for three years than their injury prone quarterback.

One that they've already paid a fortune for and will pony up a fortune more to keep. And then say their prayers at night that he manages to finish a season.

While they let their winning quarterback walk out the door.

They should be scared.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not every. Not the ones that prove the team needs him to throw the football, as opposed to drive the bus.

Produce those troll. I'll counter it with the number of games your quarterback can't even get on the field. And you'll lose again. Like always.

Three years. Better numbers. Cry me a river.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Produce those troll. I'll counter it with the number of games your quarterback can't even get on the field. And you'll lose again. Like always.

Three years. Better numbers. Cry me a river.

Okay. You’re right and that’s fair. Carson has injuries and Dak has mastered turning the mechanism that opens the double door on the side. I guess we’re in agreement.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Okay. You’re right and that’s fair. Carson has injuries and Dak has mastered turning the mechanism that opens the double door on the side. I guess we’re in agreement.

And he swept you last year. You lost to a supposed 'bus driver'. Not just once, but twice.

725 yards passing and 4 TD's passing in two games and another rushing TD on top of that. 455 and 3 TD's in that last game alone!

You must have nightmares.

dckid

Reaction score
I'm not cherry picking though, I'm saying Aikman was terrible his first 3 years and most didn't want him. It wasn't until Jimmy came out and said no Aikman is my guy. The entire point is Dak isn't some terrible QB or just average. Has he has some bad games, yes but to dislike the guy because he isn't perfect is sad. Not a single QB in history hasn't had perfect games every game since entering the league.

Dak is a franchise QB and is a winner. Maybe he doesn't improve anymore but maybe he wins MVP too. This myth that Dak is terrible is just that, a myth. He is above a ton of QBs when it comes to their first 3 years in the league which most consider better than Dak.

Come on, I dont think Aikman was horrible his first three years in the league. The first year was tough, he didn't even win a game. He was a pro bowler by his third year. I agree no QB is perfect and i cant expect Dak to be.
Like I have said multiple times, Dak is a very good player he just isn't elite.. and that is not an insult.
Frankly a lot of these discussions really are a moot point as he will get paid what the Cowboys are willing to pay him. I feel as though the fan base and even the front office act as if there is no choice.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Failing to win in regulation is doing that? That’s exactly a bus driver mentality.

"Failing to win" is what your team managed twice last year. And that was before your quarterback's annual physical breakdown, so you don't even have that as your excuse.

'Bus driver' - 2

'Brokeback quarterback' - 0

giphy.gif

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
"Failing to win" is what your team managed twice last year. And that was before your quarterback's annual physical breakdown, so you don't even have that as your excuse.

'Bus driver' - 2

'Brokeback quarterback' - 0

giphy.gif

See? Now you came around. He’s a bus driver. You’re gonna pay a bus driver 30 million+ a year? Why?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
How Come all the stats that prove Dan is a bus driver are Considered " Team" Stats to you . . . but the one Official Team Stat " WINS" . . . Dak gets all the credit for
Point out where I said wins is a Dak stat
Wins wasnt mentioned in that entire post, not once.
And none of those stats prove he's a bus driver.

Making **** up makes you look really bad. Delete it while you can so no one else is subjugated to this awful content.

It is crazy how when people who see Dak's value completely dismantle an argument using stats and logic, they always have to cone back with fabricated BS wuth no supporting facts. Really highlights how weak their argument is

dckid

Reaction score
And the 'bus driver' shredded you for 455 yards and 3 TD's. Everybody beat the **** out of your team.
Stasheroo,
You know the net net of my concern is not about the money the organization pays Dak. It's really about my belief in him being the QB who can lead us to the SB.
I personally see issues in Dak's game. ( my opinion & some stats, we know those can be spun many different ways) I am concerned about how he reads defenses, about his accuracy.
I don't know how much of that is coaching vs he is who he is.
I really cannot remember guys who became better more accurate passers after X number of years in the league.
I remember Favre went from reckless gunslinger to three time MVP. Even when he was reckless you knew he would be great. That arm that accuracy.
I remember Testaverde, went from a terrible interception machine to a guy who played a really long time in this league. He was also the top pick and played on a horrible Tampa Bay team that probably scarred his career for life.
Maybe we have some examples of a player like Dak, who eventually becomes a top 5 QB. I personally dont ever see that happening.

Dont get mad but look at Mark Sanchez, his first two years in the league he won 4 playoff games and reached two championship games. There were a bunch of analysts lined up who loved that guy and he was considered a franchise guy.
Players can be very deceiving. Dak has proven he can win with superior talent around him. He has had a fantastic offensive line, pro bowl, all pro level RB, above the middle of pack WR talent. Good defense.
All these things are relative of course but I really don't think Dak will ever be elite. I don't even think he will be as good as McNabb. Cowboy fans would be over the moon if became McNabb.

Anyways rant over.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stasheroo,
You know the net net of my concern is not about the money the organization pays Dak. It's really about my belief in him being the QB who can lead us to the SB.
I personally see issues in Dak's game. ( my opinion & some stats, we know those can be spun many different ways) I am concerned about how he reads defenses, about his accuracy.
I don't know how much of that is coaching vs he is who he is.
I really cannot remember guys who became better more accurate passers after X number of years in the league.
I remember Favre went from reckless gunslinger to three time MVP. Even when he was reckless you knew he would be great. That arm that accuracy.
I remember Testaverde, went from a terrible interception machine to a guy who played a really long time in this league. He was also the top pick and played on a horrible Tampa Bay team that probably scarred his career for life.
Maybe we have some examples of a player like Dak, who eventually becomes a top 5 QB. I personally dont ever see that happening.

Dont get mad but look at Mark Sanchez, his first two years in the league he won 4 playoff games and reached two championship games. There were a bunch of analysts lined up who loved that guy and he was considered a franchise guy.
Players can be very deceiving. Dak has proven he can win with superior talent around him. He has had a fantastic offensive line, pro bowl, all pro level RB, above the middle of pack WR talent. Good defense.
All these things are relative of course but I really don't think Dak will ever be elite. I don't even think he will be as good as McNabb. Cowboy fans would be over the moon if became McNabb.

Anyways rant over.

I want you to do me a favor and look this over. It is a comparison of three years in the careers of their great Drew Brees to Dak Prescott:

https://www.pro-football-reference....toyear_2=2018&player_id2=PresDa01&idx=players

In fact, it is a favorable comparison towards Brees, because it doesn't include his rookie season, where he didn't even see the field much.

Now, we know where Brees eventually got to, a Hall of Fame career. But his huge rise in career trajectory coincided with working with Sean Payton. Take a real look at his numbers before Payton and after. The difference is stark.

That shows what scheme and coaching can do for a quarterback. And it shows just how much better a quarterback can become in his career.

It's just my opinion, but I feel that that same Sean Payton will ultimately be coaching this Cowboys team, and Dak Prescott. And if that should happen, or if any coaching change is made, Prescott can also get much better than he is now. And who he is now compares favorably to any of the great quarterbacks anyone wants to pull up. And I will say again, his numbers after his first three years dwarf those of his two counterparts, Goff and Wentz. And if they're getting paid - and they will - Prescott certainly should be.

pansophy

Reaction score
No, I didn't suggest any of those things. However, if you value wins above all else, Dak has more than Aaron Rodgers in the last 3 seasons.
That's why one shouldn't judge a QB on wins. Dak is mentally tough and plays best under mental pressure -- not understating how important that is -- but we obviously have a much better team than the Packers right now. Give us Rodgers and does anyone not think that the offense would be better?