Queen Latifah

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3416400 said:
some kind of nincompoop.

Yes you are showing yourself to be just that.

Chicago, Ice age, and Life Support to name just 3.

And what are they stereotyping?

Steve Martin has made a career out of playing passive aggressive middle aged men ...... is that not a stereotype?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3416417 said:
Where in any of my posts have I said Hollywood don't perpetuate stereotypes. Matter of fact, I think the entertainment industry as a whole cater to the dumbing down of society, but that has nothing to do with what you've posted.

You went from calling her fat and ugly as your reason for not liking her to now her roles perpetuate African-American stereotypes. Nobody's buying it, dude.

LOL WHEN???

I only said that because of her, and her probably appearing on CoverGirl, that there seems to be an influx of heavy-set models. Which I find flaunting one's girth to be disgusting. Her and those gross Dove commercials.

And it's not just her movie roles that I find to perpetuate stereotypes. I provided at least one other example too.

Woody'sGirl said:
Sadly, you think I'm into movies like that to where I'd spend my hard earned dollars to see foolishness.

You attacked me over something I didn't say, so I just assumed you did.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3416417 said:
You went from calling her fat and ugly as your reason for not liking her to now her roles perpetuate African-American stereotypes. Nobody's buying it, dude.

Exactly.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;3416427 said:
Yes you are showing yourself to be just that.

Yeah, if you read into what I said, and came away with the idea that I'm somehow mad at the object of Hollywood's stereotype.

zrinkill said:
Chicago, Ice age, and Life Support to name just 3.

I'll give you Chicago as it was a time piece.

zrinkill said:
Steve Martin has made a career out of playing passive aggressive middle aged men ...... is that not a stereotype?

The middle aged man stereotype is buying fast convertibles and chasing after women twice their age. So no.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3416417 said:
Sadly, you think I'm into movies like that to where I'd spend my hard earned dollars to see foolishness.

You know you went and saw 'The Wash' :laugh2: . In all seriousness, I see why Mods wish they could use the ignore feature.

TheWash.jpg

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3416410 said:
Laugh all you want, you are the one making yourself look like the south end of a northbound mule in this thread.

However if that is what you want, by all means, continue.

Thanks for the unsolicited advice.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maikeru-sama;3416438 said:
You know you went and saw 'The Wash' :laugh2: . In all seriousness, I see why Mods wish they could use the ignore feature.

TheWash.jpg
Dude, that movie never even came on my radar.

I used to go to movies alot when I was in undergrad because I had a friend who was a manager at a movie theater.

After she got a better job, that was a wrap for my movie going experiences.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3416466 said:
Dude, that movie never even came on my radar.

I used to go to movies alot when I was in undergrad because I had a friend who was a manager at a movie theater.

After she got a better job, that was a wrap for my movie going experiences.

Yeah, I was just messing with you. I never saw 'The Wash' either but I have been guilty of seeing these types of movies in the past.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maikeru-sama;3416477 said:
Yeah, I was just messing with you. I never saw 'The Wash' either but I have been guilty of seeing these types of movies in the past.
Oh I'm not saying I haven't seen movies like that in the past or that I won't get see a few in the future. I'm not above watching a stupid movie if I just need to pass the time.

One of my favorites is by the Wayans... "Don't be a menace..." but that said, I saw it for free... lol

ethiostar

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3416491 said:
Oh I'm not saying I haven't seen movies like that in the past or that I won't get see a few in the future. I'm not above watching a stupid movie if I just need to pass the time.

One of my favorites is by the Wayans... "Don't be a menace..." but that said, I saw it for free... lol

I didn't see it in theaters but 'Don't be a menace...' was actually pretty funny i thought.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I have sat here silently while the rest of you called Bob every dirty name in the book, from skinny wimp, to suspected racist, to closeted homosexual. And I have enjoyed every second of it.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3416491 said:

:laugh2:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maikeru-sama;3416508 said:
So you don't feel me?

I can't lie. I loved that movie. I was literally crying from laughing throughout that movie.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;3416513 said:
So you don't feel me?

I can't lie. I loved that movie. I was literally crying from laughing throughout that movie.

How about I'm going to get you sucka.

I tell you a couple of movies I liked that many have not seen, Undercover Brother and Ladies man....both cracked me up.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;3416517 said:
How about I'm going to get you sucka.

I tell you a couple of movies I liked that many have not seen, Undercover Brother and Ladies man....both cracked me up.
I loved I'm gonna get you sucka.. Of course one of my favorite parts in the movie when ol girl PMS took control.

"What's wrong, baby?

"Craaammppps!!!"

:laugh2:

I've seen parts of Undercover Brother, but not the whole thing.

Had no interest in Ladies Man.