Queen Latifah

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bob Sacamano;3416335 said:
:laugh2:There's another one. Are all black people easily offended? Am I supposed to expect that he's going to just whup my *** for making an observation?

No really ...... tell him how refreshing you find it that he is so well spoken.

I am sure he will appreciate it.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3416321 said:
Nothing wrong with being fit, being offensive is your schtick tho. And you can't make a good criticism without sticking to stereotypes and pointing out **** that's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Criticizing accomplishments is one thing, but focusing on a person's looks, ethnicity, or anything unrelated to the jobs they perform just makes you look shallow.

BTW, I'm not offended nor angry and what you've posted. I expect it of you now.
:rolleyes: I'm such a terrible person.

mldardy

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3415809 said:
Can anyone explain to me why Queen Latifah is famous?

Singing? awful
Rapping? horrible
Acting? unbearable
Being overweight? success

I just saw "Just Wright" and it was tough to watch.
Her singing, acting I don't know that's debatable but saying her rapping is horrible is a horrible opinion. Latifah is one of if not the best female rapper ever. The only one I would put in her category is MC Lyte.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;3416354 said:

:laugh2:you're truly rich. I was speaking about her appearing in so many films that it would be high time for Hollywood to cast her in a different role. Of course they can't.

Do you even comprehend what my argument's main thrust is about?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sometimes it is just smarter to walk away instead of making yourself look worse than you already have.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bob Sacamano;3416358 said:
I was speaking about her appearing in so many films that it would be high time for Hollywood to cast her in a different role.

Sure it was.

This from the guy who modifies everyone of his posts 2 or 3 times.

And she has had plenty of different types of roles.

But she is a mostly comedic actor ...... do you have a problem with the Steve Martin or Will Ferrell stereotype? They play the same type of roles over and over again.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Sacamano;3416349 said:
:rolleyes: I'm such a terrible person.
I never said you were terrible. I don't know you like that to make that comment. I just said that your observations of certain things make you look shallow.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;3416374 said:
I never said you were terrible. I don't know you like that to make that comment. I just said that your observations of certain things make you look shallow.

...among other things.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Bob, just give up man :laugh2: .

I'd rather see you devoting all of this energy to the "Bill Collection" thing we discussed a few weeks ago.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3416388 said:
Bob, just give up man :laugh2: .

I'd rather see you devoting all of this energy to the "Bill Collection" thing we discussed a few weeks ago.

:laugh2: as if that will help him.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;3416371 said:
Sure it was.

This from the guy who modifies everyone of his posts 2 or 3 times.

Pray, zrin, please show me the post where I said she writes her own roles to keep playing the same person over and over again. Sorry, that's Hollywood. And if you couldn't draw that conclusion on your own, then you are some kind of nincompoop.

zrinkill said:
And she has had plenty of different types of roles.

Such as?

zrinkill said:
But she is a mostly comedic actor ...... do you have a problem with the Steve Martin or Will Ferrell stereotype? They play the same type of roles over and over again.

And what are they stereotyping?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3416374 said:

You don't think Hollywood perpetuates stereotypes? I'd rather be accused of being shallow than of friggin naivete.

Sad thing is, you would happily shell out 10 bucks to see stereotypes, but only get mad at me for doing so. I may stereotype, but at least I don't profit from it.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3416383 said:
...among other things.

oh, look, the hillbilly is trying to be a sophisticate. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Sacamano;3416406 said:
oh, look, the hillbilly is trying to be a sophisticate. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Laugh all you want, you are the one making yourself look like the south end of a northbound mule in this thread.

However if that is what you want, by all means, continue.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Sacamano;3416405 said:
You don't think Hollywood perpetuates stereotypes? I'd rather be accused of being shallow than friggin of naivete.
Where in any of my posts have I said Hollywood don't perpetuate stereotypes. Matter of fact, I think the entertainment industry as a whole cater to the dumbing down of society, but that has nothing to do with what you've posted.

You went from calling her fat and ugly as your reason for not liking her to now her roles perpetuate African-American stereotypes. Nobody's buying it, dude.

Sad thing is, you would happily shell out 10 bucks to see stereotypes, but only get mad at me for doing so. I may stereotype, but at least I don't profit from it.
Sadly, you think I'm into movies like that to where I'd spend my hard earned dollars to see foolishness.