Question for those that wanted Parcells gone

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
bbgun;1347671 said:
Yes. And if he supposedly left the team in such great shape talent-wise, then we have nothing to worry about, right? Like Norv cant get us to 34-32? I'm pretty sure he can.

Norv won't be here long enough. If he fails with Parcells team next season, it will make for a quick exit.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1347675 said:
Norv won't be here long enough. If he fails with Parcells team next season, it will make for a quick exit.

But Jerry might not want to eat his contract and then pay someone like Cowher $5 mill per.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dave_in-NC;1347586 said:
Same goes for those who will say coach____________ won with Parcells team. Although it would be true.:D

Which would still be quite an accomplishment since Parcells couldn't win with it. :laugh2:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
bbgun;1347691 said:
But Jerry might not want to eat his contract and then pay someone like Cowher $5 mill per.

How much do you give a guy like Norm? No real record behind him as HC.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
noshame;1347693 said:
Which would still be quite an accomplishment since Parcells couldn't win with it. :laugh2:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. One hold away from going deep In my opinion.:D

blindzebra

Reaction score
I couldn't be happier to lose Parcells.

I never cared for him as a coach, and his coaching style more than offset the talent he brought in.

So many were so in love with having a name coach after Campo that they completely bought the Parcells hype, hook, line and sinker. We never got that Parcells. We got the one looking to make up the money his ex-wife took with her. The one that never had the energy to make it through an entire season. The one that left us swinging in the wind every offseason about will he or won't he be back. The one whose team followed his late season swoon every year too. The one who lost the team since they could never fully commit to a coach that was basically a lame duck every year.

Will we be better off? Only time will tell, but I had absolutely no faith in this team improving next year under Parcells.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1347373 said:
Are you still glad he retired given who our next HC might be?

Yes... I'm glad these three people retired:

HC: Parcells
DC: Parcells
OC: Parcells

I'm also glad three separate names will be working with each other this year to bring this team back to the top of the pack.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1347726 said:
Yes... I'm glad these three people retired:

HC: Parcells
DC: Parcells
OC: Parcells

I'm also glad three separate names will be working with each other this year to bring this team back to the top of the pack.

Very well said.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

no, i wish we could have kept bp in a magic time machine where he would be forever 50 and such drastic issues would never plague our team again. he would sign a lifetime contract that would span a magical 1,000 years and we'd then in turn work it out with the NFL so we won at least 500 superbowls in that time as well because hey, we've got BP so the rest of the NFL just gave up and we'd win a lot be default.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
blindzebra;1347713 said:
I couldn't be happier to lose Parcells.

I never cared for him as a coach, and his coaching style more than offset the talent he brought in.

So many were so in love with having a name coach after Campo that they completely bought the Parcells hype, hook, line and sinker. We never got that Parcells. We got the one looking to make up the money his ex-wife took with her. The one that never had the energy to make it through an entire season. The one that left us swinging in the wind every offseason about will he or won't he be back. The one whose team followed his late season swoon every year too. The one who lost the team since they could never fully commit to a coach that was basically a lame duck every year.

Will we be better off? Only time will tell, but I had absolutely no faith in this team improving next year under Parcells.

and you were not alone, bz my friend. : )

Wolfpack

Reaction score

Yes, the team wasn't going anyware with the 65 year old version of Bill. He did his best and helped drag the organization out of the dark Campo era.....

Just worried that JJ is going to take the short cut right back to 5-11ville.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
Wolfpack;1347745 said:
Yes, the team wasn't going anyware with the 65 year old version of Bill. He did his best and helped drag the organization out of the dark Campo era.....

Just worried that JJ is going to take the short cut right back to 5-11ville.

:hammer:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Question for those that wanted Parcells gone
See sig.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Parcells admitted that his heart was no longer in it, so what we wanted is no longer relevant.