Question for those that wanted Parcells gone

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
burmafrd;1348419 said:
Ask certain posters this question in one year. THEN see if they have the guts to be honest.

ill still be glad parcells is gone:D

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
burmafrd;1348419 said:
Ask certain posters this question in one year. THEN see if they have the guts to be honest.

You can ask me 1 year from now, 2 yrs from now........10 years from (if I'm still around) my answer will be the same. Yes.

I reserve my right to be right or wrong.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
burmafrd;1347551 said:
everyone who agreed with that needs to be bookmarked and reminded of that if this all goes into the toilet.

hey no problem...as long as if we're 10-6, 11-5 or 12-4 and go deep into the playoffs, all the ledge jumpers do the same thing

David

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
burmafrd;1348419 said:

I'm just curious, are you a Cowboys fan or a Parcells fan?

Sure looks like the latter because everyone of your posts for a week is just screaming that you hope the team will do poorly when he's gone so you can say "I told ya so"

Ya see, even I, who couldn't stand Parcells was rooting to be WRONG. I would have loved to come here to eat some crow.

Perhaps there is an opportunity for you to start a "ParcellsZone" forum/board

:)

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Juke99;1348440 said:
I'm just curious, are you a Cowboys fan or a Parcells fan?

Sure looks like the latter because everyone of your posts for a week is just screaming that you hope the team will do poorly when he's gone so you can say "I told ya so"

Ya see, even I, who couldn't stand Parcells was rooting to be WRONG. I would have loved to come here to eat some crow.

Perhaps there is an opportunity for you to start a "ParcellsZone" forum/board

:)

I've noticed the same thing...it isnt just him either, its several people

its like they think the team flopping to 6-10 or 7-9 so they can say "SEE!!!!!!! I was right!!!!!!!!!!! Jones hired another loser!!!!!!!!!" is better in their eyes than the team going 12-4 and winning a Super Bowl

folks...we're fans of the TEAM...

David

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
Rest assured, I'm still glad he's gone. He was a dead end. Whether or not Jerry makes a decent replacement pick remains to be seen. One has nothing to do with the other.

superpunk

Reaction score
Thanks alot.

You and every other poster who's spent the last few years declaring that we'd never succeed with Zimmer or Parcells just broke my irony-meter with your scoldings.

Maybe Garrett was brought in to develop Norv.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
burmafrd;1348419 said:

Question for you Sir.....What if a year from now the Cowboys go....10-6, 11-5, and win a playoff game or two..... What are you going to say?

Will we see what kind of guts you Have?

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Wait, I never wanted parcells to leave, I think I am in the wrong thread.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I can see being happy that Parcells is gone, but do you really have to be happy when facing the prospects of the Commander coach, Norv "never was" Turner being our HC?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
dbair1967;1348443 said:
I've noticed the same thing...it isnt just him either, its several people

its like they think the team flopping to 6-10 or 7-9 so they can say "SEE!!!!!!! I was right!!!!!!!!!!! Jones hired another loser!!!!!!!!!" is better in their eyes than the team going 12-4 and winning a Super Bowl

folks...we're fans of the TEAM...

David

The Zone, as any other board, has always been populated with these types.

Henson vs Romo. I truly liked Henson. BUT I rooted for Romo also. AND note my sig.

And there are other examples.

The fact is, some people would rather be "right" than see the team do well.

I had a sig pic that showed two kids in a boat that was sinking...one was rowing furiously...the other had this big smile on his face and I added a caption "See, I told ya your side of the boat was sinking"

That about sums it up.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99;1348454 said:
The Zone, as any other board, has always been populated with these types.

Henson vs Romo. I truly liked Henson. BUT I rooted for Romo also. AND note my sig.

And there are other examples.

The fact is, some people would rather be "right" than see the team do well.

I had a sig pic that showed two kids in a boat that was sinking...one was rowing furiously...the other had this big smile on his face and I added a caption "See, I told ya your side of the boat was sinking"

That about sums it up.

Juke, if Parcells left and we hired Wade Phillips, or Ron Rivera, I would have no problem

it's the fact that since Parcells is gone, we have JErry Jones wanting to settle for the suckiest head coach out there, a crater-faced POS

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1348460 said:
Juke, if Parcells left and we hired Wade Phillips, or Ron Rivera, I would have no problem

it's the fact that since Parcells is gone, we have JErry Jones wanting to settle for the suckiest head coach out there, a crater-faced POS

Hey...I'm not suggesting you shouldn't voice disapproval.

I'm suggesting that it's not very "fan-like" to root against the next coach, just to be "right"

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99;1348473 said:

I'm suggesting that it's not very "fan-like" to root against the next coach, just to be "right"

I get that, just getting on record that I'm voicing my disapproval because Norv just plain sucks donkey balls

superpunk

Reaction score
Juke99;1348473 said:

At this point - noone's rooting against the next coach.

They're praying Norv doesn't get hired. We're pretty sure we've seen this movie before. It's not much like guaranteeing no improvement so long as Parcells (who was actually the coach) remained in town.

Who knows, though - right? Maybe this go-round it'll only take Norv five years to make it to the playoffs and blow a 13 point lead to a team not known for offense. :) Hooray nostalgia, and boo New Jersey!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
superpunk;1348479 said:
At this point - noone's rooting against the next coach.

They're praying Norv doesn't get hired. We're pretty sure we've seen this movie before. It's not much like guaranteeing no improvement so long as Parcells (who was actually the coach) remained in town.

Who knows, though - right? Maybe this go-round it'll only take Norv five years to make it to the playoffs and blow a 13 point lead to a team not known for offense. :) Hooray nostalgia, and boo New Jersey!

so what your saying is Norv is just as capable to losing to a 2-13 team at home with something to play for on the line?

David

superpunk

Reaction score
dbair1967;1348481 said:
so what your saying is Norv is just as capable to losing to a 2-13 team at home with something to play for on the line?

David

Oh, he's more than capable.

What he isn't capable of, is building and improving a team or beating division opponents.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;1348481 said:

David

still trying to validate the suckiness that is Norval Turner...

hey, what's 4 times 100?

just south of Norv Turner's head coaching record! WHOOPEE!