Question for those that wanted Parcells gone

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
smarta5150;1347414 said:
I hope this is all pre-mature...

Everyone should have waited until Norv is officially in AND our DC is named.

Our problem was running the ball and our lack of pressure.

Norv might be able to fix the run and ANYONE with the talent we have on defense could create some pressure.

Relax people.

Jerry Jones is that you? I've heard this before haven't I? Oh yeah, when Jimmy left and "any of 500 coaches could take our team to the Super Bowl".

Go back to your coaching search Jerry. Leave us alone.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1347373 said:
Are you still glad he retired given who our next HC might be?

Absolutely thrilled....even if we hire CoCo the gorilla.

Parcells couldn't quit stuffing his fat self into Cowboys garb fast enough for my liking. It's not logical...it's personal.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy;1351029 said:
Some people just can't seem to understand that we were the worst franchise in the league before Parcells took over. His ultimate goal might have been a Super Bowl, as it is with EVERY coach, even though one team gets to win it all each year, but his first goal was to rebuild this franchise. We went from time card punching laughing stock to Thanksgiving NFC Super Bowl favorites. Mission accomplished.

I completely agree. Most of these people are ridiculous. There is no Super Bowl favorite team without Parcells. In the salary cap era, you can't just come in and completely rebuild a pathetic 5-11 franchise like magic. He finally got the QB position established after trying out like 10 guys. This stuff isn't easy, but he put us in a position to finally make it all the way. It's just a shame that he left.

As for the idiots in these forums who are happy he's gone and say we "needed a change", there's a reason most have thousands of posts on this site. Most are obviously not very bright if they're on the Cowboyszone throughout an entire day of each work week posting hundreds of times, so do the opinions really matter? No, but it's a shame that they are considered a part of our fanbase because I think most reasonable fans wanted Parcells back for multiple years.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
I was time for Parcells to go. His style of play on both offense and defense just doesnt work anymore. I just hate that if we sign Norm that we would have replaced one incompetent coach with another that has a lesser resume. But its looking like he might not be the guy!!! Hopefully its Rivera!!!

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
ps. I doubt we'll be seeing Norv Freakin Turner on any Gatorade ads anytime soon haha.

I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that's he a terrible coach though (in case ur a Norv lover aka a ********).

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Da Hammer;1351792 said:
I was time for Parcells to go. His style of play on both offense and defense just doesnt work anymore. I just hate that if we sign Norm that we would have replaced one incompetent coach with another that has a lesser resume. But its looking like he might not be the guy!!! Hopefully its Rivera!!!

You don't know what style of offense Rivera may have and Bears run a lot Cover 2. Parcells so called style is not going to die as many in the NFL do attempt to run a balanced attack on offense and run a lot of zone coverages.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
wayne_motley;1351781 said:
Absolutely thrilled....even if we hire CoCo the gorilla.

Parcells couldn't quit stuffing his fat self into Cowboys garb fast enough for my liking. It's not logical...it's personal.

that was funny.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
UVAwahoos;1351769 said:
Jerry Jones is that you? I've heard this before haven't I? Oh yeah, when Jimmy left and "any of 500 coaches could take our team to the Super Bowl".

Go back to your coaching search Jerry. Leave us alone.

And Jones' statement proved to be correct when Switzer, probably somewhere in the 1000s when it came to listing qualified coaches, won a ring.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1347373 said:
Are you still glad he retired given who our next HC might be?
I wasn't strongly in favor of Parcells leaving.

But the change is exciting. It'll be very interesting to see how the 2007 season unfolds.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1351850 said:
And Jones' statement proved to be correct when Switzer, probably somewhere in the 1000s when it came to listing qualified coaches, won a ring.

That is an absolutely excellent point. I wonder why we ever fired Switzer.

Man, you should be GM. Such intellectual prowess is rare.

dorsett

Reaction score
superpunk;1348516 said:
Parcells improved our team, whether it's believed or not. He did what he's done elsewhere, even if it didn't get reflected in the final record. We're set up pretty nice for the future. I got most of what I expected out of Parcells.

I just fear that I'll get most of what I expect from Norv, too.
Stop kidding yourself. You expected a superbowl or at the very least a division crown. Parcells went 34-32 and failed to win a playoff game over four seasons.

jgboys1

Reaction score
UVAwahoos;1351791 said:
I completely agree. Most of these people are ridiculous. There is no Super Bowl favorite team without Parcells. In the salary cap era, you can't just come in and completely rebuild a pathetic 5-11 franchise like magic. He finally got the QB position established after trying out like 10 guys. This stuff isn't easy, but he put us in a position to finally make it all the way. It's just a shame that he left.

As for the idiots in these forums who are happy he's gone and say we "needed a change", there's a reason most have thousands of posts on this site. Most are obviously not very bright if they're on the Cowboyszone throughout an entire day of each work week posting hundreds of times, so do the opinions really matter? No, but it's a shame that they are considered a part of our fanbase because I think most reasonable fans wanted Parcells back for multiple years.
:bravo: :bow: I could not have said it any better myself. I wanted him back for at least 1 more year if not more.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
UVAwahoos;1351791 said:

Holly Molly:D

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
UVAwahoos;1351791 said:
I completely agree. Most of these people are ridiculous. cellsThere is no Super Bowl favorite team without Parcells. In the salary cap era, you can't just come in and completely rebuild a pathetic 5-11 franchise like magic. He finally got the QB position established after trying out like 10 guys. This stuff isn't easy, but he put us in a position to finally make it all the way. It's just a shame that he left.

1.I'm gonna buy you a calendar for your birthday.Obviously you are unfamiliar with the month of December.SB teams WIN in December.
2.10 QB's???Q,Henson Vinny T Bledslow...math anyone?
After the Vinny INTestaverde I saw the writing on the wall.
3.Don't call the fellow fans idiots when you are the one who is wrong.
4.There are only 2 HCs in Cowboys' history who NEVER won a division championship.Campo is one. I'll let YOU guess the other one.
Hint:he just left.

Come back when you have something substantial.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
UVAwahoos;1351791 said:

ZZZZ

Good Riddance. It's less about Bill and mostly about ---> :starspin

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
Artie Lange;1352333 said:
1.I'm gonna buy you a calendar for your birthday.Obviously you are unfamiliar with the month of December.SB teams WIN in December.
2.10 QB's???Q,Henson Vinny T Bledslow...math anyone?
After the Vinny INTestaverde I saw the writing on the wall.
3.Don't call the fellow fans idiots when you are the one who is wrong.
4.There are only 2 HCs in Cowboys' history who NEVER won a division championship.Campo is one. I'll let YOU guess the other one.
Hint:he just left.

Come back when you have something substantial.

"LIKE 10" meant that I didn't wanna go through the mental anguish of having to think of guys like Henson and Hutchinson (whom your genius *** left out) all over again. Here's some advice: the next time you're trying to take a not-so-literal point and make it literal, do some research and make sure you have all your bases covered, or else you're gonna get called out and made to look like a fool in an argument where you are clearly out of your league. You should get banned for a couple days for trying to attack of my points, yet messing up on your counterpoints yourself. All this proves is that you were eager to reply without thought, since that's probably what you've done for your previous 400 or so posts.

Regardless, all this has proven is that yet another Parcells-hater has the IQ of a billygoat. The more you guys talk, the more it becomes obvious you have no idea what you're talking about, so of course you wanted Parcells gone. I'm sure the sky is green in your little world too. We can't have an entirely perfect and logical fanbase, but there certainly are people on here who understand the implications of losing such a good coach. Those people are called "sane". Look it up on www.dictionary.com

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1352305 said:
Holly Molly:D

Haha, doesn't that sound like something Romo would say?

I'm convinced now that "Holly Molly" is a Wisconsin-derived phrase haha.