Question for those that wanted Parcells gone

JPM

Reaction score
Ashwynn;1348553 said:
Absolutely. Does not matter, Turner, or Phillips is better then old, stubborn, no adjusting Parcells.

Thank god Parcells is gone, now to work on el dorado.

For me it's not about who is the head coach it's that Jerry pretty much made up his mind as soon as Bill left who he wanted. He hasn't interviewed Ryan or Rivera and unfortunately it looks like he is only interviewing Singletary to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

superpunk

Reaction score
JPM;1348562 said:
For me it's not about who is the head coach it's that Jerry pretty much made up his mind as soon as Bill left who he wanted. He hasn't interviewed Ryan or Rivera and unfortunately it looks like he is only interviewing Singletary to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

Yet - there's still hope. :) It's faint, but I ain't giving up til after the super bowl. ;)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
superpunk;1348556 said:
Ah, the favorite crutch of the anti-Parcells crowd - using blurbs of his own quotes to damn him. When did I say I was satisfied with his record? When did I even imply that? The answer? I never did, so you can drop that ridiculous line of thinking and debating. You're not addressing anything. I wish the record had been better, hence the MOST that appeared prominently in my statement that I got MOST of what I expected out of Parcells. (Hint: MOST = Not all.)

I hope I get none of what I expect out of Norv Turner, should he be hired.

Sometimes I'm in the mood for Heath Bar Crunch....and Caramel Cone is killer.

Yep.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99;1348568 said:
Sometimes I'm in the mood for Heath Bar Crunch....and Caramel Cone is killer.

Yep.

Just go get a can of ensure you cranky old fart.

:p: ;)

CounterTrey

Reaction score
Just a clarification here and then I'll go back to watching you guys abuse each other. ;)

Michael Westbrook and Heath Shuler weren't picked for Turner and forced on him, they were his coveted picks that he was the driving force behind. He was so excited about Shuler in fact (Shuler was taken over Casserly's choice Dilfer at Norv's urging) that he told the press that he'd stake his career and reputation on it.

Furthermore it's a complete myth that he had talent voided teams in Washington. The ONE year he did anything in 1999 he had a record setting scoring offense who broke the league record(only to see the Rams break it further) his teams still choked in amazingly embarassing fashion. Game after game after game they snatched defeat from the jaws of Victory.

So save yourselves some grief and don't buy into the notion that Turner was hamstrung with talent in DC. Nothing could be furhter from the truth. If this was true he'd get cut a LOT more slack than he is. the reason his tenure was so maddening for Skins fans is BECAUSE his teams were so talented and underachieving.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
CounterTrey;1348579 said:
Just a clarification here and then I'll go back to watching you guys abuse each other. ;)

Michael Westbrook and Heath Shuler weren't picked for Turner and forced on him, they were his coveted picks that he was the driving force behind. He was so excited about Shuler in fact (Shuler was taken over Casserly's choice Dilfer at Norv's urging) that he told the press that he'd stake his career and reputation on it.

Furthermore it's a complete myth that he had talent voided teams in Washington. The ONE year he did anything in 1999 he had a record setting scoring offense who broke the league record(only to see the Rams break it further) his teams still choked in amazingly embarassing fashion. Game after game after game they snatched defeat from the jaws of Victory.

So save yourselves some grief and don't buy into the notion that Turner was hamstrung with talent in DC. Nothing could be furhter from the truth. If this was true he'd get cut a LOT more slack than he is. the reason his tenure was so maddening for Skins fans is BECAUSE his teams were so talented and underachieving.

more evidence against Turner

the evidence for is pretty thin guys, esp. when you remove baseless conjecture

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1348576 said:
Just go get a can of ensure you cranky old fart.

:p: ;)

:p:

Yeah...I'll do that when you get a frozen possum/squirrel pot pie dinner.

:D

superpunk

Reaction score
And the #1 reason not to hire Norv Turner

I'm sick of agreeing with Commanders fans. I feel like I'm one of the dirty dozen on here. (dirty dozen, of course, being a reference to a gonhorrea post)

Shame. :(

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99;1348591 said:
:p:

Yeah...I'll do that when you get a frozen possum/squirrel pot pie dinner.

:D

I have told you and told you...I don't mess with those possums (or is it opossum). And I don't have the patience for squirrel hunting. :D

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
JPM;1348562 said:

Yeah. He wanted a familiar yes man. I'm sure he's had a list made for a couple of years anticipating BP leaving and Norv has most likely been at the very top of it the whole time.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1348589 said:
more evidence against Turner

the evidence for is pretty thin guys, esp. when you remove baseless conjecture

wade phillips QB rob johnson. lol

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LatinMind;1348633 said:
wade phillips QB rob johnson. lol

Wade Phillips was never said to be a QB groomer.

So...bad point by you.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1348641 said:
Wade Phillips was never said to be a QB groomer.

So...bad point by you.

and norv has never been a defense guy, so its basically proving a point. he'll get a defensive guy and thats that.

superpunk

Reaction score
LatinMind;1348645 said:
and norv has never been a defense guy, so its basically proving a point. he'll get a defensive guy and thats that.

I don't know if you noticed, but our problems weren't exactly on the side of the ball Norv would be helping us with. So what would his purpose be? Coming here to bring a defensive guy with him? Who would that be?

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LatinMind;1348645 said:

The only point I see is he has failed to have a winning record as a HC in two previous attempts.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
LatinMind;1348645 said:

that's my point, we have problems on D, Turner has never assembled a D staff that's produced good Ds