Questions for the Dak trashers

CWR

Reaction score
Meh. I'm not that worried about Dak (or Zeke for that matter). He needs to improve upon his accuracy and decision making, but that is normal for a second year QB who is progressing.

I'm more concerned with the coaching staff still not being able prepare, adjust, and just plain "get it" after so many years.

This coaching staff has always seemed so slow to adjust.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
A conditional 4th rounder helped the team go 13-3 with only 4 INTs last season.

Damn near brought us back single-handily against GB in the divisional round. Fast-forward to his second year helping win against a division rival that swept us last season, 19-3, week one. Then goes and has a bad outing against a pretty good Denver team in their house.

Sue me for calling out the overreaction. The entire team had a bad outing. The boys handing out Gatorade had a bad outing. Wasn't just one player. We lost in all facets of the game.
Now we are bringing up last year :huh:

We all can agree that Dak was amazing last year. All we heard this off-season is "sophomore slump" and we all laughed at that thought. 2 games in, he is somewhat proving the naysayers right. And I dont want to hear the excuse of the defenses he's facing because "good" and "elite" qbs in this league often play well vs good defenses. We cant have this guy play poorly vs a good defense everytime and use it as an excuse.

Why this site refuses to call out the QB when he plays poorly is beyond me. Its ok to support someone and be a fan, yet criticize them when they do poorly.

shabazz

Reaction score
And you fans will go to any length to discredit. Goes both ways! Deal with it.

Exactly. Even when the last QB threw 5 tds in a game and lost the same fans chortled mightily and now when their bus driver gets criticized in a game when he was ineffective they are losing their cool. They can dish it out but they gotten to where they can't take it no more. The chickens have come home to roost

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This is fair but all these threads the last few days acting as if if you say something critical you don't like him is beyond annoying. Now I could see if he had a good game and people were critical but he stunk and he is the qb. That's football life and some don't seem to get that. I think he will improve but looking at the pre draft scouting reports does make you hope we don't have a RG3 type situation. I want him and anybody playing for the boys to do good so I definitely don't dislike him.

I don't think people forgot what he did but we are talking about now. Last year is last year and when people keep bringing that up it looks like y'all don't think he can't be criticized. I haven't saw too many wild posts. Like I said I went back to look at various pre draft opinions on him and if you care to do the same you'll see they've been spot on most of them about things people have been speaking on the last few days. Like I said above I want him to do good just hope we aren't seeing a RG3 situation where it looked so promising and we know what it is now. I still think we need more time for sure but to win it all we will play teams with D that can do similar to Denver and that has to improve. We can all agree on that

I think your analysis is fair. Like you, I want him to do well. I hope we have the next Russell Wilson, not the next RG3. Time will tell. One bad game isn't enough to tell. If he keeps struggling down the season, that may be bad news for Cowboy fans and the team may need to give someone else a chance. Or it may just be one bad game, which he learns from and moves on to do great. There's no way to know at this point. He's not above criticism, but no one should jump to conclusions at this point.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
There is a certain crowd here who loved Wentz so much they felt the need to disparage Dak, thats more so who I refer to, and Ive seen it all here lately, weve gone from power house to 5-11 with one loss.

I understand your point and Im concerned too but I actually expect him to pull through it. He threw a nice ball during the preseason and it appeared his game was improving. I think these defenses hes faced are elite and hes not yet able to carry the offense on his own. I believe that day is coming though. The rg3 comparison is off imho due to rg3 running such a gimmick offense but even more so his stuborn arrogance and lack of the realization he needed to work to improve. Those things are not Dak.
You like me and others at times are getting caught up in the minority opinions that trigger you as far as Dak. Most have been hard on him but within reason. Those going to far are in the minority.

The RG3 comparison is not even close to being off. The point is if this was 2013 or whenever his second year was many similar to Dak thought it was just a decade plus of good qb play. You might say nah because you're a Boys fan but i remember how many were speaking on him back then. You're talking about gimmick O I'm just talking about how many thought he was the future and now he's not in the league. I don't think that's Dak fate but a few more games like this I won't be the only one saying this could be a possibility. I don't want to be right on this and luckily there are only a few defenses that can do what Den did.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I think your analysis is fair. Like you, I want him to do well. I hope we have the next Russell Wilson, not the next RG3. Time will tell. One bad game isn't enough to tell. If he keeps struggling down the season, that may be bad news for Cowboy fans and the team may need to give someone else a chance. Or it may just be one bad game, which he learns from and moves on to do great. There's no way to know at this point. He's not above criticism, but no one should jump to conclusions at this point.
We both agree on this. I just wish we all could be like this on this issue. I doubt we will have the why are people hating on the D threads lol

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Asking for Dak to play better is not the same as calling for Romo.

Plenty of people here are 'missing Romo.' It's not like we never saw these games from Romo. Just everybody would blame anybody but him.

Either way, it's not a dink n dunk offense and we are not a dink n dunk team. Get better playcalling and most of the issues are resolved.

YR

khiladi

Reaction score
Plenty of people here are 'missing Romo.' It's not like we never saw these games from Romo. Just everybody would blame anybody but him.

Either way, it's not a dink n dunk offense and we are not a dink n dunk team. Get better playcalling and most of the issues are resolved.

YR

Lmao..

Everybody absolved Garrett and said things like Romo was checking out of run plays and too careless with the Ball..

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Lmao..

Everybody absolved Garrett and said things like Romo was checking out of run plays and too careless with the Ball..

Puh-leeze.

I'd have a better chance of catching polio than seeing even 10% of the people ever absolve Garrett of anything.

YR

khiladi

Reaction score
Puh-leeze.

I'd have a better chance of catching polio than seeing even 10% of the people ever absolve Garrett of anything.

YR

Garrett's gettzing trashed now after 10 years of 'fight' and 'process' speeches and now people seeing him for what he is, a fraud.

First it was Wade and his camp cupcake with Garrett wanting accountability, then it was TO, then it was the lack of second WR, and they brought in Roy Williams, them Miles Austin came and supposedly proved it against KC and breaking tackles left and right, but he didn't perform as second WR after that then Dez didn't know the playbook, and among other excuses to absolve Garret and like I said, Romo checks out of Garrett's playbooks calling for runs..

Then praising of the team for getting Kiffen, because of his alleged connections to Garrett and so on..

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Brady was not that good in his first two years...he was a game manager and had the luxury of a great defense. We didn't see Romo until his 4th year but he was probably still very raw in his 2nd year as well..
Never mind all of that, Dak has no business having a bad game in the 2nd game of his second season. He is what he is and there will be zero growth/progression in his play going forward..

CWR

Reaction score
You like me and others at times are getting caught up in the minority opinions that trigger you as far as Dak. Most have been hard on him but within reason. Those going to far are in the minority.

The RG3 comparison is not even close to being off. The point is if this was 2013 or whenever his second year was many similar to Dak thought it was just a decade plus of good qb play. You might say nah because you're a Boys fan but i remember how many were speaking on him back then. You're talking about gimmick O I'm just talking about how many thought he was the future and now he's not in the league. I don't think that's Dak fate but a few more games like this I won't be the only one saying this could be a possibility. I don't want to be right on this and luckily there are only a few defenses that can do what Den did.

Yeah I get your point about everyones view on RG3. I was only stating why I see thier circumstances as different. I just dont see them as the same type of player or person, however the hype is very similar.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what I was concerned about last season. When we had teams shut the run down, we couldn't do anything offensively. Dak plays inside the box, he rarely is taking chances down the field. Yes, he doesn't throw a lot of interceptions, but not taking chances down the field

Tell me the routes that Dez is running in that sample? Then let's go over whether or not those are high percentage pass routes or not?

Dez is the highest paid guy in the team and one of if not the highest paid WR in the league. He should have better numbers on long routes or endzone routes than TWilliams has only any routes.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Yeah I get your point about everyones view on RG3. I was only stating why I see thier circumstances as different. I just dont see them as the same type of player or person, however the hype is very similar.
I know what you were speaking on that's why I clarified what I was talking about when I quoted you before. I'm not talking about their play style but the hype around both

Reactions: CWR

TheHerd

Reaction score
all I know is if the qb play for the dallas cowboys don't improve its going tobe a long dark season

If we have to play that defense at Mile High every week it's going to be a long dark season. Otherwise I think we'll be fine.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Never mind all of that, Dak has no business having a bad game in the 2nd game of his second season. He is what he is and there will be zero growth/progression in his play going forward..

Absolutely. Especially given QBs have been shredding that defense at MIle High for years.