Questions for the Dak trashers

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Brady was not that good in his first two years...he was a game manager and had the luxury of a great defense. We didn't see Romo until his 4th year but he was probably still very raw in his 2nd year as well.

Garrett's offense is too basic, which can get by vs. many teams in the league but against others, it has a tendency to stink. Let's not act like it didn't have ugly games under Romo too (ex: 2014 Thanksgiving game vs. Philly).

I was never a HUGE Romo fan but now I understand that he was just trying to make the best out of Garrett's offense, which I'm not sold on being great enough to carry a mediocre defense (and it will always be mediocre at best).

sean10mm

Reaction score
I love the overpowering impulse to be disloyal that Cowboys fans have. During the Romo years they were all trashing him when he was losing games he threw 5 touchdowns in, and now it's Dak's turn to go to the trash heap after a 1-1 start. They just can't resist lol.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This qb is not above criticism. Y'all are acting like this dude is yalls savior smh

I agree. There's a difference between being a Dak hater and talking about legitimate areas where he can improve. I believe he will improve. He's got that type of character that works hard and learns from his mistakes. He had the best rookie season I've seen any QB ever have, but let's be honest. He's a second-year QB. There will be growing pains. He needs to improve his accuracy among other things. I believe he'll be fine. He's got some adversity to overcome.

shabazz

Reaction score
I'm starting a fund me site to send Dak and Dez to Cabo San Lucas so they may able to achieve the success the other 2 guys did after their trip there

Doomsay

Reaction score
Re-simplify the game for Dak & practice with the assumption that teams are going to 9 men the box until they are punished for it.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
He had a bad game and Cowboys haters were right...one bad game and many of the fans would be clamoring for Romo. Why? Because it's so predictable.

Let's get us back to doing what we do well. Establish the run regardless of how many guys are in the box and balance out our offense. Run bootlegs off the run, stretch the field vertically and let Beasley work pivot routes underneath and Witten find holes in the zone and work past the first down marker.

Let's make it difficult to decipher whether we are running or passing instead of running shotgun on ever down. Let's sparingly use the RPO's. Let's try to set the edge on both sides of the line, mix in some inside zone runs, some pitches and let's get Switzer worked into the offense so we can use him some more.

This ain't rocket science, but it doesn't have to be simple arithmetic either.

YR

Dorsett33

Reaction score
A TEAM loss....period. Blame goes around from the coaches on down. This is a team game. Everyone played horrible.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
What has he done for us to discredit lol? Homers man I tell ya, homers :facepalm:
A conditional 4th rounder helped the team go 13-3 with only 4 INTs last season.

Damn near brought us back single-handily against GB in the divisional round. Fast-forward to his second year helping win against a division rival that swept us last season, 19-3, week one. Then goes and has a bad outing against a pretty good Denver team in their house.

Sue me for calling out the overreaction. The entire team had a bad outing. The boys handing out Gatorade had a bad outing. Wasn't just one player. We lost in all facets of the game.

mardwin

Reaction score
He had a bad game and Cowboys haters were right...one bad game and many of the fans would be clamoring for Romo. Why? Because it's so predictable.

Let's get us back to doing what we do well. Establish the run regardless of how many guys are in the box and balance out our offense. Run bootlegs off the run, stretch the field vertically and let Beasley work pivot routes underneath and Witten find holes in the zone and work past the first down marker.

Let's make it difficult to decipher whether we are running or passing instead of running shotgun on ever down. Let's sparingly use the RPO's. Let's try to set the edge on both sides of the line, mix in some inside zone runs, some pitches and let's get Switzer worked into the offense so we can use him some more.

This ain't rocket science, but it doesn't have to be simple arithmetic either.

YR

Asking for Dak to play better is not the same as calling for Romo.

CWR

Reaction score
This qb is not above criticism. Y'all are acting like this dude is yalls savior smh

Criticism is warranted, I cant get behind those forgetting everything he accomplished last season. He had a sub par game along with the rest of the offense. Doesnt mean he cant be our franchise.

CWR

Reaction score
Re-simplify the game for Dak & practice with the assumption that teams are going to 9 men the box until they are punished for it.

I agree, he did so well last year and works so hard that it wouldn't suprise me if our coaches have put too much on his plate without considering he may not be ready.

conner01

Reaction score
I don't see much trashing
Mostly just pointing out he's missed some key passes
All not his fault but he hasn't been real sharp so far

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I agree. There's a difference between being a Dak hater and talking about legitimate areas where he can improve. I believe he will improve. He's got that type of character that works hard and learns from his mistakes. He had the best rookie season I've seen any QB ever have, but let's be honest. He's a second-year QB. There will be growing pains. He needs to improve his accuracy among other things. I believe he'll be fine. He's got some adversity to overcome.
This is fair but all these threads the last few days acting as if if you say something critical you don't like him is beyond annoying. Now I could see if he had a good game and people were critical but he stunk and he is the qb. That's football life and some don't seem to get that. I think he will improve but looking at the pre draft scouting reports does make you hope we don't have a RG3 type situation. I want him and anybody playing for the boys to do good so I definitely don't dislike him.

Criticism is warranted, I cant get behind those forgetting everything he accomplished last season. He had a sub par game along with the rest of the offense. Doesnt mean he cant be our franchise.
I don't think people forgot what he did but we are talking about now. Last year is last year and when people keep bringing that up it looks like y'all don't think he can't be criticized. I haven't saw too many wild posts. Like I said I went back to look at various pre draft opinions on him and if you care to do the same you'll see they've been spot on most of them about things people have been speaking on the last few days. Like I said above I want him to do good just hope we aren't seeing a RG3 situation where it looked so promising and we know what it is now. I still think we need more time for sure but to win it all we will play teams with D that can do similar to Denver and that has to improve. We can all agree on that

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Meh. I'm not that worried about Dak (or Zeke for that matter). He needs to improve upon his accuracy and decision making, but that is normal for a second year QB who is progressing.

I'm more concerned with the coaching staff still not being able prepare, adjust, and just plain "get it" after so many years.

CWR

Reaction score
This is fair but all these threads the last few days acting as if if you say something critical you don't like him is beyond annoying. Now I could see if he had a good game and people were critical but he stunk and he is the qb. That's football life and some don't seem to get that. I think he will improve but looking at the pre draft scouting reports does make you hope we don't have a RG3 type situation. I want him and anybody playing for the boys to do good so I definitely don't dislike him.

I don't think people forgot what he did but we are talking about now. Last year is last year and when people keep bringing that up it looks like y'all don't think he can't be criticized. I haven't saw too many wild posts. Like I said I went back to look at various pre draft opinions on him and if you care to do the same you'll see they've been spot on most of them about things people have been speaking on the last few days. Like I said above I want him to do good just hope we aren't seeing a RG3 situation where it looked so promising and we know what it is now. I still think we need more time for sure but to win it all we will play teams with D that can do similar to Denver and that has to improve. We can all agree on that

There is a certain crowd here who loved Wentz so much they felt the need to disparage Dak, thats more so who I refer to, and Ive seen it all here lately, weve gone from power house to 5-11 with one loss.

I understand your point and Im concerned too but I actually expect him to pull through it. He threw a nice ball during the preseason and it appeared his game was improving. I think these defenses hes faced are elite and hes not yet able to carry the offense on his own. I believe that day is coming though. The rg3 comparison is off imho due to rg3 running such a gimmick offense but even more so his stuborn arrogance and lack of the realization he needed to work to improve. Those things are not Dak.