Questions for the Dak trashers

zack

Reaction score
Dez is the highest paid guy in the team and one of if not the highest paid WR in the league. He should have better numbers on long routes or endzone routes than TWilliams has only any routes.

I disagree. If a majority of his routes are 9's, then numbers can explained. Terrance Williams runs a lot of crossing routes which are more high percentage passes. From my eyes it looks like he isn't asked to run the full compliment of the route tree and thus the low completion rate. Think of how many jump balls were thrown in the Denver game alone?

I place the blame on Garrett....

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Looks like the honeymoon's over for Dak. If he had a game like this last year we would have chalked it up to being a rookie. Now, he's expected to paint 16 flawless masterpieces every season from here on out.

Guess what? Prescott's going to have more games like this, maybe even this year. All quarterbacks do. It doesn't change the fact he's this team's answer at the position for at least the next decade.

shabazz

Reaction score
Looks like the honeymoon's over for Dak. If he had a game like this last year we would have chalked it up to being a rookie. Now, he's expected to paint 16 flawless masterpieces every season from here on out.

Guess what? Prescott's going to have more games like this, maybe even this year. All quarterbacks do. It doesn't change the fact he's this team's answer at the position for at least the next decade.

Next decade? Wow, Talk about low expectations. Are we grading him on the curve?

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Yeah and Dallas fans have been exaggerating their Qb's ability for over a year now. How's that working out?

A year? How about at least the last decade??? Look at what's been done regarding Romo and his disappointing career. Dude never won a damn thing and many put him above Troy.
Reality is his rightful place is below Danny White...

Dundalis

Reaction score
The guy he replaced would have made them pay for stacking the box to stop the run.
Of course he would. Romo was a much better QB than Brady and Rodgers. Everyone knows this.

I didn't watch the game again but Broaddus said he was surprised to see on second look that they in fact did NOT stack the box that often. So much for that theory.

Dundalis

Reaction score
Wow are Dak fans sensitive. Newsflash, just because some people realistically criticize his play does not mean they have written him off. Dak set the bar very high last year. He has looked bad for two games to start the season. Many people were concerned about a sophomore slump and so far it looks like we are seeing one. We all hope and expect him to right the ship. For gosh sakes do not take the criticism personally. Dak himself is his own biggest critic which speaks volumes for the guy. So lighten up people it is okay to criticize when the criticism is deserved.
The concept of all criticism being fair and equal on the internet is precious. Pretty sure most Dak fans can acknowledge he didn't play well. That's pretty clearly not what threads like mine are responding to. I'm just saying if you are going to be over the top critical of Dak, at least be consistent in applying that same criticism to the other QB's who've failed to do anything against this team.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

You Dakriders can't find one post that says he needs 16 great games or else so why exaggerate like some little kid?

stiletto

Reaction score
The ONE and only thing I'll say Dak did was try to force the ball too much to Dez. I feel he really wants that connection to work but he has to let it go. No one was really open in the Broncos game, they just had us pegged and we didn't do anything to make them pay. Dak will have several great games coming up I feel. Props to the Broncos...this time...you people do know who are borderline suicide over this game that other teams ARE paid to try to stop us when we play right? Crap happens...

rpntex

Reaction score
The most comical thing on here is saying it was Dez's fault on that INT 6 by Talib..

That throw was utter garbage..

I don't believe you can say that for certainty.

I don't think the "Dez ran the wrong route" crowd can say that with certainty, either.

The only thing we can say with any certainty is that they weren't on the same page, for whatever reason. Dak threw the pass before Dez made his break, and Dez wasn't where Dak thought he would be. One of the two players missed their assignment on the play. Was it that Dak threw an errrant pass, or did Dez run a wrong (or unprecise) route? The only people who know the answer to that question aren't gonna tell us, so why don't both sides let it go and move on to the Cardinals?

rpntex

Reaction score
I disagree. If a majority of his routes are 9's, then numbers can explained. Terrance Williams runs a lot of crossing routes which are more high percentage passes. From my eyes it looks like he isn't asked to run the full compliment of the route tree and thus the low completion rate. Think of how many jump balls were thrown in the Denver game alone?

I place the blame on Garrett....

Is it that he's not being asked to run those other routes, or that he can't run them?

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Goodness, Dak had a bad game, everybody did. When even Sean Lee is missing tackles and Witten drops a TD it is really hard to imagine this game starting a trend of bad play for the team. Back to Dak, he had a solid game just last week against an elite NY defense that has seven studs on D (Jenkins, Cromartie, Apple, Collins, JPP, Vernon, Snacks) and a young LB Goodson that looked dominant.
As fans we tend to over-react to and over-analyze small samples of negativity without considering the context, circumstances, ect.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
In my opinion the coaches aren't asking him to run them.
That's pathetic if true. Then again he seems to run the same routes TO ran here. But TO was seen as a great route runner his whole career. Bill Walsh said he was the smartest wr he ever saw. Garrett should be fired if things go south. Ugh

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
You Dakriders can't find one post that says he needs 16 great games or else so why exaggerate like some little kid?

I exaggerated to make my point, not to accuse anybody (or act like a little kid). I did not intend to offend you or any other member of this forum (that's not my style). I just can't believe Dak is being thrown under the bus the minute he has a bad game.

Trust me, if the Cowboys lost 27-24 instead of 42-17, there will be Cowboys fans that would have complained "Dak can't make the plays needed in a close game when it really counts". It just never ends.