Quick Trey Lance Breakdown

McKDaddy

Reaction score
they are all complimentary... anytime the guy scrambles for 5 yards they rave about his running ability and athleticism to say why he was drafted so high.... who cares at this point. You only get a pass for so long. The results are clear... he aint getting resigned by Dallas and he isnt going to be the 2.
We'll see how good your prognostication skills are.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Well when will that change? Are we gonna say next year he’s in year 4 and still a sub rookie? How many years will it take?
It's simply the situation he is in. It's never going away until he gets enough playing time. He will either never get there or overcome.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Uh…nobody is open except the flat and that is for like a second with Trey not even looking that way. Everyone is covered.

If there’s a criticism on this play it’s he should’ve never thrown it and just tried to run with it into the end zone or thrown it away.

The problematic thing is he didn’t see more defenders in the area than the receivers.
And they were not even trying to disguise their defense and he did not see it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You figure that out to your satisfaction. He got it going though. No matter the path. Maybe Trey will do so as well.
Love year 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 never threw 5 picks in a preseason game lol. Its all good man its clear you guys are going to give the guy excuses. I hope he works out. I just don't see it but I hope it does for his sake. He seems like a good guy. I take no satisfaction in seeing a guy suck on the football field especially someone who I really wanted the Cowboys to trade for. I just hope they aren't putting all their eggs in his basket and hoping he's ready next year.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Love year 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 never threw 5 picks in a preseason game lol. Its all good man its clear you guys are going to give the guy excuses. I hope he works out. I just don't see it but I hope it does for his sake. He seems like a good guy. I take no satisfaction in seeing a guy suck on the football field especially someone who I really wanted the Cowboys to trade for. I just hope they aren't putting all their eggs in his basket and hoping he's ready next year.
Sorry, but you do seem to be taking satisfaction in what you think is some unforgiveable performance ....

Chasing6

Reaction score
Sorry, but you do seem to be taking satisfaction in what you think is some unforgiveable performance ....
I just want know what the plan is to get Trance the experience he desperately needs?

Do some fans really think 3 preseason games a year is going to do it?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm taking some satisfaction in you guys being wrong on him yes but nothing against him. This is what me and others have been telling you guys from start.

The 49ers would've never given him up for a 4th rounder. The Cowboys didn't get a steal. They probably got stolen from lol

Its just not how it works.

Basically in order for him to succeed something has to happen that rarely if ever happens. I don't like to go against history in that regard.

If history says franchise quarterbacks don't get traded for a 4th rounder I have to lean on the side of history.

We want to re-invent the wheel. Do something that has never been done. That's not this organization. If Shanahan can't do anything with him I don't trust McCarthy to. Shanahan was able to make guys like Kapernick, Jimmy G, Purdy, etc. look formidable. Even Kirk Cousins.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I just want know what the plan is to get Trance the experience he desperately needs?

Do some fans really think 3 preseason games a year is going to do it?
I've stated multiple times that he needs to be your #2 QB and have some packages. He also needs to go in to any game that is out of control one way or the other.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I'm taking some satisfaction in you guys being wrong on him yes but nothing against him. This is what me and others have been telling you guys from start.

The 49ers would've never given him up for a 4th rounder. The Cowboys didn't get a steal. They probably got stolen from lol

Its just not how it works.

Basically in order for him to succeed something has to happen that rarely if ever happens. I don't like to go against history in that regard.

If history says franchise quarterbacks don't get traded for a 4th rounder I have to lean on the side of history.

We want to re-invent the wheel. Do something that has never been done. That's not this organization. If Shanahan can't do anything with him I don't trust McCarthy to. Shanahan was able to make guys like Kapernick, Jimmy G, Purdy, etc. look formidable. Even Kirk Cousins.
I don't know that I would have made the trade for him. But he is here now and with an open mind I can see that he does have talent and is progressing. So, the best path forward is to give him every opportunity.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I've stated multiple times that he needs to be your #2 QB and have some packages. He also needs to go in to any game that is out of control one way or the other.
So if we have a big lead Trance should go in and hand the ball off to run out the clock. How is that going help him?

If we are losing big and Trance goes in and plays well against a prevent D, is that going to properly prepare him?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Jordan Loves 2022 preseason was horrible. 41-74, 437 yards, 3TD, 4INT. The following year hes one of the best QBs in football.

Trey Lance just went 73-113, 662 yards, 2TD, 5INT. Not saying he is the answer, but I think its foolish to write him off already. If Dak chooses to leave after this season I would think that Trey is going to have every opportunity to start next year.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jordan Loves 2022 preseason was horrible. 41-74, 437 yards, 3TD, 4INT. The following year hes one of the best QBs in football.

Trey Lance just went 73-113, 662 yards, 2TD, 5INT. Not saying he is the answer, but I think its foolish to write him off already. If Dak chooses to leave after this season I would think that Trey is going to have every opportunity to start next year.
Again Love played in HS and College. Trance his no experience.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I didn't write him off. Kyle Shanahan and the 49ers did. I trust them over the Cowboys or myself if i'm being honest. I don't believe they give up on a solid prospect for a 4th rounder.

Even the Cowboys saw him as a 2nd round prospect.

The issue is what you guys give him an excuse for is his lack of playing....

I think that very well could be his hinderance. He may never be a good QB in this league because of his lack of playing time up to this point. Guys have played far more games then him and it never clicks for them.

sbark

Reaction score
It doesn't matter lol. You can't win games with 5 INTs and two fumbles. This is as bad as a QB can possibly be:

This is just a case of people choosing to see the positive and ignoring the negative - the exact opposite of what ppl do with Dak.

Can a team win games when the QB simply panics play after play, rolls out slowly right into sacks.....and punts.
Or he audibles into run plays just to avoid the panic on a down& distance that requirea a pass

Sure only 2 Int's, but the panic plays are just as bad.