Quincy Carter Arrested (Video added of QC leaving jail)

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Alexander;1234764 said:
I don't think that is accurate. Isn't Wikipedia that site where anyone can add an entry?

Yeah Carter added that entry.:D

jman

Reaction score
Ya know...what seems odd is this has become a forum of whether pot is addictive rather than the once proud QB for the Dallas Cowboys becomimg a broke man who can't figure out what happened to him and is obviously too stupid too care.

I was once a Quincy supporter...thought he was going to be the next in a long line of great Dallas Cowboy Qb's...that was a long time ago.

If he can't figure it out, why should I care? And as some people have said, we should pray for this man, I say screw him. God only helps those who try to help themselves. And Quincy just isn't doing that.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
DLCassidy;1234521 said:
:eek: This is AWFUL news. This arrest could cost Q the shot he deserves to make 3rd string on a CFL team. Oh wait he already had that and got cut. Nevermind...

...my son was in a football camp here in Saskatoon with some CFL players running the camp.

I had a chance to talk to the head QB coach who was an ex-QB himself about the number of ex-Cowboys players in the league.

The topic came upon Quincy Carter and his take was that it wasn't a good showing on his part in front of the coaches.

If you are surmising what would get you off a team that could use talented players you would have to think it was serious on Quincy's part that he didn't even get a roster spot in Canada.

jman

Reaction score
Add This from Espn.com

DALLAS -- Former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Quincy Carter was arrested Friday on marijuana possession charges at the home of a woman who called police saying Carter had been "throwing things around."

Carter was booked in lieu of $500 bond and was released Friday afternoon, Irving police spokesman David Tull said. His bond was paid by Fort Worth Star-Telegram sports columnist Randy Galloway, who also hosts the sports-talk show "Galloway and Company" on ESPN 103.3 FM in Dallas.

Carter was released by the Cowboys in 2004 amid numerous media reports that he failed a drug test. He was placed in the NFL's substance-abuse program and was later placed in rehab while with the New York Jets.

Tull said a woman called police around 5:30 a.m. and said Carter was being disruptive. Police arrested Carter after finding him in possession of less than two ounces of marijuana, Tull said.

Carter, a second-round draft choice by the Cowboys in 2001, started 31 times for Dallas, including every game the year before he was cut.

Galloway, one of the most prominent sports columnists in North Texas, said he didn't see a conflict of interest in posting the bond since Carter is no longer playing and is a private citizen.

I've had a lot of fun with Quincy over the years, his problems and everything else," Galloway said. "But it's Christmas and Quincy Carter is in jail and I hate to see that happen. ... For him to be in the position today where he can't post a $500 bond, there's unfortunate problems in his life."

Shaun Dodge, executive producer of "Galloway and Company," said the gesture was genuine. He said the station didn't expect anything from Carter in return and that, as of Friday night, Carter had not contacted the station.

"He had a lot of people that really liked him in his as a Cowboys quarterback," Dodge said. "We hope something like this will make him fly right from here on out."

Kilyin

Reaction score
Where's that ****** kartr? Oh that's right, he only shows up after a loss, which have been sort of rare these days. Let's keep it that way.

nicodywill

Reaction score
what was he doing there i heard he got picked up by the bengals. cue cops theme song what a dumb sack of monkey nuts

burmafrd

Reaction score
My last word on the loser that once was the QB of the Boys.
He was in a position to have a very good career in the NFL, if not necessarily a starter but solid and long lasting. All he had to do was take care of himself and apply himself. He did neither. I do not feel sorry for him at all, as I can think of many that would have loved to have had his chances. There is no one else responsible but Quincy Carter for where he is right now.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
I feel bad for the kid.

He DID take us to the playoffs in 03.

Sounds like he has hit rock bottom.

Duane

Reaction score
Excited by his bond being paid by Randy Galloway, Quincy goes out to celebrate by buying more pot. Unfortunately for Q-Car the pot dealer is really an undercover cop and he's immediately arrested and brought back to jail.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
eduncan22;1235121 said:
I feel bad for the kid.

He DID take us to the playoffs in 03.

Sounds like he has hit rock bottom.

he had nothing to do with this team making the playoffs, he was just along for the ride

David

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;1235127 said:
he had nothing to do with this team making the playoffs, he was just along for the ride

David

2003...Carter and playoffs

2004...Vinni and no playoffs.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
eduncan22;1235142 said:
2003...Carter and playoffs

2004...Vinni and no playoffs.
2003 Darren Woodson and the #1 Defense in the NFL.

2004-2006, no Darren Woodson and struggling to rebuild.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile;1235153 said:
2003 Darren Woodson and the #1 Defense in the NFL.

2004-2006, no Darren Woodson and struggling to rebuild.

and it wasnt the creampuff schedule in 2004 that 2003 was

David

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
GoinForSix;1234322 said:
Had the potential to be the next Randall Cunningham (average mobile QB with strong arm) too bad his love for the grass ruined his life.

he was mobile like Romo is, can duck out of the pocket and run sideways, he hardly ever ran downfield for gains. I would always shake my head when people kept referring to him as mobile. I think it was because he was black and the preconceived ideas that come with that (Leftwhich not withstanding). Now granted people may not have always meant a downfield runner when they said "mobile", but youre outright comparing him to Cunningham. What in the world were you seeing? he may have run for 5 yards once per game.

31hit

Reaction score
I really feel bad for Q-Dog, I mean he really could of had been a decent QB by now if he had of kept his nose clean.A lot of young Afro-american kids looked up to him being QB of one of the greatest teams of all sports!I pray that God will change his life and maybe he could still be a feel good story!