Quinn Dilemma

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Seems like this guy is in a great situation right. Lots of talent on this defense and being able to coach what some are saying a once in a lifetime talent in Micah Parsons. He also has Will McClay selecting groceries for him.

He supposedly failed at HC before...I do not know the environment/situation he accepted to head coach in though.

Is the money that much more as Head Coach? Is it an Ego thing? Alpha personality? Control Freak?

Why would the dude try and leave? I get acting like youre interested in other jobs to create leverage for a pay increase...but why doesnt Jerry just grease this guy so he stays?

I dont even know if I want him as Head Coach here. Just stay a damn DC.

My main question is...is this guy really entertaining HC jobs elsewhere? Or is it for show? Both?

Tell me, lad.
What exactly is the dilemma?

coult44

Reaction score
Seems like this guy is in a great situation right. Lots of talent on this defense and being able to coach what some are saying a once in a lifetime talent in Micah Parsons. He also has Will McClay selecting groceries for him.

He supposedly failed at HC before...I do not know the environment/situation he accepted to head coach in though.

Is the money that much more as Head Coach? Is it an Ego thing? Alpha personality? Control Freak?

Why would the dude try and leave? I get acting like youre interested in other jobs to create leverage for a pay increase...but why doesnt Jerry just grease this guy so he stays?

My main question is...is this guy really entertaining HC jobs elsewhere? Or is it for show? Both?

were you just trying to be first?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I may be wrong but I’m guessing Jerry will not let DQ leave...make him highest paid DC in history or head coach or if MM is still around...maybe associate head coach or whatever title he can come up with....just don't let him walk
I hope you're right.

Toro9

Reaction score

I'd make him the HC the day after the end of the season if McCarthy is not expected to be retained. Wouldn't hurt to have a sit down now as a matter of fact.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lmao I was thinking the same thing. Apparently anyone who doesn’t coach for 15+ seasons and oversee a dynasty is an unsuccessful HC.
It's Cowboys fan thinking: If he didn't win a SB, it was a complete and utter failure.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You listed all those possible reasons but somehow missed, "wants to take on a new/bigger challenge." Which is a big part of the reason for anyone at that level.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score

Seriously, some people aren’t built to be head coaches but are great coordinators.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
The whole "leaders" "alpha" stuff is so comical to me...its just corny...sorry.

I just read that his Atlanta team went to the Super Bowl his second year I think I think it was...and then the following year 7 starters were injured and was then fired the next season.

So...maybe this guy was fortunate to get to the Super Bowl quick with Matt Ryan...but was then unlucky and had a team riddled with injury. Still dont know why you are fired if your team has the injury bug.

Maybe Quinn is chomping at the bit to try HC again.
I don’t know…..having alphas like Haley, Aikman and Irvin (to a lesser degree, Emmitt) were prolly pivotal to those 90s teams.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Yeah, give Quinn the HC job but make him take Garrett as OC. 5 games in, and Garrett gets his job back.
Gregg, a disappeared mod, and I like Garrett. :rolleyes:
Oh and an old HS coach likes him too. :)

FanofJerry

Reaction score
You listed all those possible reasons but somehow missed, "wants to take on a new/bigger challenge." Which is a big part of the reason for anyone at that level.

He already did and was canned. Canned because Atlanta needed a fall guy? Maybe but I doubt it.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I don’t know…..having alphas like Haley, Aikman and Irvin (to a lesser degree, Emmitt) were prolly pivotal to those 90s teams.

Yeah dude...of course. But every Sports Forum I go to they are pushing the Alpha personality. As if everyone needs to be some d-bag on edge alpha, looking and ready to find something wrong with anything and everything. Its corny. The world is better without a bunch of guys fighting at every bar you walk in...its ridiculous.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score

He didn’t fail at coaching. Shanahan failed him.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
He didn’t fail at coaching. Shanahan failed him.

This reinforces my point. You all are implying that coaches are fall guys.

I mean money rocks dont get me wrong...but to go be the fall guy for another organization for money seems odd when youre in a good situation with an owner willing to pay usually.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah dude...of course. But every Sports Forum I go to they are pushing the Alpha personality. As if everyone needs to be some d-bag on edge alpha, looking and ready to find something wrong with anything and everything. Its corny. The world is better without a bunch of guys fighting at every bar you walk in...its ridiculous.
I think you may have the wrong idea about what an Alpha male is. It doesn't necessarily mean he has to be a DBag.

An alpha male is a man who is highly intelligent, confident, and successful. Alpha males are generally considered great leaders and prefer to be in positions of power. Common traits alpha males possess include: Being in a position of power. Being comfortable with high levels of responsibility.