Twitter: Quinn on defense: We're deep and we're going to roll hard

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Princess Leah says “Quinn, you’re our only hope”
giphy.gif

Cebrin

Reaction score
They will have to carry the team.

Do you think they're that caliber of defense? I don't.
I don't think they regressed in talent, so it's really up to those year 2 and 3 guys to take a step, and Quinn to get the most out of the rookies.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Too much shuffling in the secondary is not a good thing. Along the line is good but that’s about it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
DQ defense has as much to prove as Kellen's offense.

Both no-showed vs Niners.

Any real Cowboys fan without an agenda can admit to that.
Exactly. They were out played in the trenches. Both sides. I wanna see some toughness from them.

Reactions: BAT

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Most ratings have us a borderline top 10 defense. That sounds about right. We have solid depth but not many superstars after Micah. I’m holding off on anointing Diggs until he can do it again. Look at the Chargers. They have Joey Bosa, Khalil Mack, JC Jackson and Derwin James. That’s a lot of top talent on one defense. Imagine if Micah gets hurt. We’d go from top 10 to bottom 10.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
There's a lot to love about this defense, only question mark for me is how the DT group comes along. Gallimore and Osa's development will be important to this D taking another big step forward. They don't need to be all-pros, but if they can turn from average to atleast good starters that will huge for this D.

I know some will point to question marks at RDE, but between Arsmtrong, Flowers, and Williams they should be OK. Then when you factor in a player like Parsons who figures to get some percentage of snaps at RDE they should be more than OK ;)

Reactions: BAT

GINeric

Reaction score
Thats good to know about the defense.... but everytime we have the opponents offense in 3rd and long situations, im pulling Anthony Brown off of the field. He's a Pass Interference waiting to happen.

Majic

Reaction score
Still have my doubts.I think Parsons (not Quinn) was the main reason for the success last year. I made the point earlier if Nolan had Parsons he would still be here in my opinion.

Quinn did very well last year and I hope he can continue to evolve as a Coordinator.

I think we will have a good idea how we are progressing after 2 Weeks. A Bucs O-Line which looks worse than last year and a Bengals O-Line rebuilt. Can we dominate both?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Our Cowboys' defense will be sorely tested by Brady and his Tampa Bay cohorts.

Here's hoping our defense and its depth finally proves that they're up to the task!

We've been beaten far too many times by Tom Brady. It's time to turn that around.

May the offense also display the fine talents of our young players and win game 1.