Quinn to Washington is the rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Screw it. I’m joining the “burn it down zone” club. No half measures. Extend no one. Sign no pricey free agents. Fire all coaches. Actively tank for a couple of years.

But I won’t complain about why we suck. We’ll suck because it’s the best option considering we will have Jerry —> Stephen —> Spaulding for the next 30 years.
Spaulding is here 60+ years buddy :lmao: :angry:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could go either way for us here?
Probably not good for us................

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What’s sad for Dan Quinn is no matter what happens - if he’s hired by Washington tomorrow for example, he has clearly NOT been their first choice or they would have already hired him. If he is not offered the job in Washington has be become a second tier option like Wade became?

Put it another way, if Washington really wanted Dan Quinn, they would have already hired him.

Either way, no matter what happens he does not look like the “hot commodity” coach in waiting but rather the second tier retread that’s available if a team can’t get who they wanted.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What’s sad for Dan Quinn is no matter what happens - if he’s hired by Washington tomorrow for example, he has clearly NOT been their first choice or they would have already hired him. If he is not offered the job in Washington has be become a second tier option like Wade became?

Put it another way, if Washington really wanted Dan Quinn, they would have already hired him.

Either way, no matter what happens he does not look like the “hot commodity” coach in waiting but rather the second tier retread that’s available if a team can’t get who they wanted.
He is no ones first choice and everyone’s second or third choice. He will be the next HC in Dallas unfortunately solely because the Jones clan is comfortable with him.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
What's interesting is Quinn has had two interviews with Wash. and Vrabel hasn't even been on their list.

If they hire DQ they could get lucky in that he will inherit DT's Allen and Payne. Two studs he'd never draft. On the flip side they traded their two pass rushers this past season, Sweat and Chase.

And if true, then I'd say Micah will be a Commander in 2 years.
Just over a hundred miles from Micah’s home town.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score

From my understanding Washington's Brass was on a plane to Detroit, when their candidate announced he'd be staying in Detroit.

Gambit

Reaction score

Yeah was thinking this week if Quinn doesn't get a HC gig this time, he may not be so sought after for a couple of years

Gambit

Reaction score
Who do you want?
I don't buy the Rivera rumor. I think Vrabel sits s year. I think they stay in house and promote Joe Whitt Jr.

He was on McCarthy's staff for 10 years under Dom Capers, seems a natural promotion

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
What's interesting is Quinn has had two interviews with Wash. and Vrabel hasn't even been on their list.

If they hire DQ they could get lucky in that he will inherit DT's Allen and Payne. Two studs he'd never draft. On the flip side they traded their two pass rushers this past season, Sweat and Chase.

Micah can't leave.... learn about the franchise tag

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score

I would trade Parsons for Allen and Payne tomorrow. While we do not have another pass rusher in Parsons' level, we do have several serviceable guys at DE. We do not have stud, run stuffing DTs. At all. Plus, Persons is still on his rookie deal, so it doesn't hurt our cap to trade him. However, Allen and Payne are on big deals and the Redsk... oops they would have to eat a lot of cap space on the trade.

coult44

Reaction score
I don't buy the Rivera rumor. I think Vrabel sits s year. I think they stay in house and promote Joe Whitt Jr.

He was on McCarthy's staff for 10 years under Dom Capers, seems a natural promotion
I didn’t ask who they might or will bring in. I asked who do you want?

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
I would trade Parsons for Allen and Payne tomorrow. While we do not have another pass rusher in Parsons' level, we do have several serviceable guys at DE. We do not have stud, run stuffing DTs. At all. Plus, Persons is still on his rookie deal, so it doesn't hurt our cap to trade him. However, Allen and Payne are on big deals and the Redsk... oops they would have to eat a lot of cap space on the trade.
This is just idiotic there is no way a DT comes anywhere close to the value of an elite pass rushers. People have lost their minds.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
From my understanding Washington's Brass was on a plane to Detroit, when their candidate announced he'd be staying in Detroit.
Yep, rumors are that Ben Johnson was their first choice for HC and Quinn was the backup plan.

Man, talk about a fall from grace. Dude was supposed to be the hot commodity and teams would be in a bidding war for him and now he has been reduced to "sloppy seconds" if you know what I mean.

He pissed away 3 years of hard work in a three-hour span...................dam, thats got to hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.