Quinn to Washington is the rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carson

Reaction score
It seems like the best job to me. Tons of cash to spend and top draft picks.
Ehh but facilities are crap, roster is crap.

Thats why it’s good for a young coach to rebuild. I don’t think Quinn gets as much long term as a young guy would

Aven8

Reaction score
Ehh but facilities are crap, roster is crap.

Thats why it’s good for a young coach to rebuild. I don’t think Quinn gets as much long term as a young guy would
It sounds like DQ is so eager to be a HC he’s going to take just about any job this year. It doesn’t feel like years past where he decided to get out of the cycle.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What’s sad for Dan Quinn is no matter what happens - if he’s hired by Washington tomorrow for example, he has clearly NOT been their first choice or they would have already hired him. If he is not offered the job in Washington has be become a second tier option like Wade became?

Put it another way, if Washington really wanted Dan Quinn, they would have already hired him.

Either way, no matter what happens he does not look like the “hot commodity” coach in waiting but rather the second tier retread that’s available if a team can’t get who they wanted.
To be fair many head coaches hired weren't these franchises first choice.

A good example is the Ravens wanted Garrett and settled for Harbaugh. Turned out pretty well.

Just a couple years ago DQ turned down a couple opportunities so whoever they chose wasn’t their first choice which is more common than many realize as some asst coaches choose to stay in place and or accept other HC vacancies.

But no doubt your point is valid. DQ’s value dropped considerably due to Cowboys collapse. And if we’d won a couple playoff games much higher value.

DQ will be first asst coach promoted to HC from Cowboys since Sean Peyton.

Gambit

Reaction score
I didn’t ask who they might or will bring in. I asked who do you want?
I'm fine with Joe Whitt Jr. Comes from a similar system to Vrabel and is the real reason our CBs have been preforming well as passing game coordinator. Worked under McCarthy for 10 years in Green Bay. Knows our talent familiar with front office. Just makes nature sense to me

Aven8

Reaction score
To be fair many head coaches hired weren't these franchises first choice.

A good example is the Ravens wanted Garrett and settled for Harbaugh. Turned out pretty well.

Just a couple years ago DQ turned down a couple opportunities so whoever they chose wasn’t their first choice which is more common than many realize as some asst coaches choose to stay in place and or accept other HC vacancies.

But no doubt your point is valid. DQ’s value dropped considerably due to Cowboys collapse. And if we’d won a couple playoff games much higher value.

DQ will be first asst coach promoted to HC from Cowboys since Sean Peyton.
Turned out well for Balty! Dodged a bullet….thanks Ozzie…

1942willys

Reaction score
I think it is notable that Vrabel has not interviewed with Washington
You can find a ton of HCs who had two interviews and were hired
There really is no hurry right now; nothing pushing a team to make a frantic decision

Carson

Reaction score
So Quinn likely takes

Al Harris as D Coordinator

Fowler Jr., Armstrong, Lewis, Kearse

Diehardblues

Reaction score
To me it’s really sad the lack of quality HC candidates.

The NFL pool of HC has become really watered down. Practically no NCAA HC’s are interested . And there’s some really good candidates .

Many of these asst coaches in NFL have never been a HC at any level which is always a concern to me .

But franchises really don’t allow for a team to be provided 3-4 years to rebuild a team anymore which is why these NCAA coaches aren’t interested.

There’s a short window for success. I suspect it’s why these coordinators are more selective as well. If they don’t believe can have almost immediate success in a couple years then it’s probably a dead end .

But this is what the league has become and why HC’s are so difficult to find stability. It’s almost like a constant turnstile if you can’t win a championship.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Screw it. I’m joining the “burn it down zone” club. No half measures. Extend no one. Sign no pricey free agents. Fire all coaches. Actively tank for a couple of years.

But I won’t complain about why we suck. We’ll suck because it’s the best option considering we will have Jerry —> Stephen —> Spaulding for the next 30 years.
We are doomed !
:facepalm:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
What's interesting is Quinn has had two interviews with Wash. and Vrabel hasn't even been on their list.

If they hire DQ they could get lucky in that he will inherit DT's Allen and Payne. Two studs he'd never draft. On the flip side they traded their two pass rushers this past season, Sweat and Chase.

And if true, then I'd say Micah will be a Commander in 2 years.
or an eagle, one of the DT's doesn't want to be there maybe quinn can keep them happy. they have loads of cap space too

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yea, that’s a tough loss for us. He might take Parsons too.

Maybe we can trade him before a total loss in FA in a couple years .
Dallas has him for another season on the rookie deal, then the fifth year option, then two tags if they so choose, or need.

If Quinn lasts as long as those four seasons in Washington itll be a surprise…all while Micah turns down record money along the way just to join Quinn who is likely either gone or on a very hot seat by that time.

Wouldn’t shock me if they fire Quinn the minute their first choice decides it’s time to leave Detroit.

Carson

Reaction score
Until Schefty reports it, it ain't true.
I mean they are down to Quinn, Weaver or Glenn.

Glenn and Weaver are inexperienced and would be a disaster with that roster. Quinn would be able to manage it for a year or two

Status
Not open for further replies.