"Bigg" coming up small

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Lol, no be Polite...and somehow that guy has been almost automatic on 3rd or 4th and shorts the past couple of years. But he was a guy who really didn't show out with Sparano here a few years back.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
Vertigo_17;3148459 said:
And what about our best OL (Colombo)? Should we waive him or move him to backup

ha you got him there. Also Doug Free at left tackle? I understand people like his potential, but at left tackle there is the potential for Romo to get killed. Also from what I understand L.Davis blew at tackle in arizona

Randy White

Reaction score
stasheroo;3147783 said:
For a guy over 350 lbs, it's amazing how often he disappears and you don't even realize he's out there. For a guy getting paid what he is, that's not good enough.

Offensive linemen aren't supposed to get noticed. Just because Madden made it his mission to get them notice, with the Cowboys' linemen receiving the most pub, doesn't mean it's the norm.

Bigg has had a fine season with a few breakdowns here and there, which happens to everyone. We ARE better with him at RG and there are very, very, VERY few teams around the league who claim to have a better one.

Randy White

Reaction score
stasheroo;3147823 said:
Oh.

So since I'm not in the film room with "the boys" I can't see the effect he's having - or not having - on the game?

Again, for what he's being paid I'm not satisfied with him simply going "unnoticed" for fewer penalties than his mistake-prone linemates.

What do you think he is ? A DE ? A DT ? CB ? QB ? What's he supposed to do ? Get pancakes and celebrate it everytime to the cameras just to satisfy you ?

Randy White

Reaction score
Word Mofo;3147964 said:
If you want to notice Bigg, then watch the goalline stand from the Chargers game. We kept running behind him, and he kept whiffing or getting stuffed. I also remember Bigg from the Giants game where he whiffed on a block on the Barber fumble play.

Actually, had Barber ran behind Biggs, he would have scored. Instead he went more to the right and that's where the LBS were waiting for him.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
dbair1967;3148246 said:
Stash is right, Davis has not had a very good yr, at least not compared to the last two seasons. He's missed more blocks and gave up more pressure/sacks...not sure if he is playing hurt too, but he definitely is not as good as he was the previous two seasons IMO.

I agree of course I stated this about Bigg a couple of days ago...He is missing way too many blocks and even when he does get them blocked he isn't getting the push he should part of the time.

Randy White

Reaction score
rocyaice;3148027 said:
They're paying him 70 million lol. They want 70 million dollars worth of play from him so I imagine they wouldn't be satisfied. But he's the least of this teams troubles IMO.

Davis signed a 7 years, 50 million dollars contract, with 19 millions guaranteed in 2007. That's an average of 7 million dollars per year, and no reason NOT to believe he wouldn't finish the contract since guards tend to last a long time, which makes it, at worst, a barely above average contract.

As of 2008, there were 15 linemen making more than him, including names like:

Joe Thomas
Eric Stainback
Jordan Gross
Stacey Andrews
Chad Cliffton
Jeff Faine
Michael Roos
Alan Faneca
Branden Albert
Chris Snee
David Stewart
Jacob Bell
FLO
Justin Smiley
Travel Wharton

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/playersbyposition.aspx?pos=135

There are mabye 2 guys out of that list that I'd take over Davis. Maybe...

RamziD

Reaction score
People on here have posted OL "stats" before and I think there's a certain site that specifically lists them. I'm not sure which site it is, but somebody who knows needs to look it up and post the stats so we can deal with the facts and not just some opinions and casual observations. Has Leonard Davis whiffed on some blocks? I'm sure he has. But, go back and look at his run blocking during the drive where Felix was running roughshod through the SD defense and you will notice Bigg absolutely mauling defenders and opening up gigantic holes.

Randy White

Reaction score
RamziD;3148656 said:
People on here have posted OL "stats" before and I think there's a certain site that specifically lists them. I'm not sure which site it is, but somebody who knows needs to look it up and post the stats so we can deal with the facts and not just some opinions and casual observations. Has Leonard Davis whiffed on some blocks? I'm sure he has. But, go back and look at his run blocking during the drive where Felix was running roughshod through the SD defense and you will notice Bigg absolutely mauling defenders and opening up gigantic holes.

About the only stat ( possitive ) for O-linemen that there is are pancakes and who cares about them ? Yea, they look pretty, but so is just a block good enough to spring a 30 yard run.

Biggs is having a fine season. He's absolutely whiffed on some blocks, but so has every single other lineman in the NFL. If Kozier and FlO were just as good as he is at their respective positions, we would probably be in a better place today. When Columbo went out, the drop off on the right side of the ball has been minimal and although Free deserves the bulk of the credit for that, Davis deserves some too.

jimmy40

Reaction score
bbailey423;3147994 said:
Gurode needs to be moved to Guard
:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

craig71

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Reaction score
I think the perception of Bigg being a waste of space is caused by the frustration of this team underachieving yet again.

I think he played better last year,but he's still playing decent ball this year.

Craig

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
craig71;3148732 said:
I think the perception of Bigg being a waste of space is caused by the frustration of this team underachieving yet again.

I think he played better last year,but he's still playing decent ball this year.

Craig

when you're reduced to pulling players out of your hidey hole to whine about, it's a bad season.

when that season is 8-5, it's a bit out of place.

only in dallas.

craig71

Reaction score
iceberg;3148733 said:
when you're reduced to pulling players out of your hidey hole to whine about, it's a bad season.

when that season is 8-5, it's a bit out of place.

only in dallas.

You have a point.

I do think that they need to upgrade the line next year though (somehow).

Craig

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
craig71;3148739 said:
You have a point.

I do think that they need to upgrade the line next year though (somehow).

Craig

i've been saying the line is a problem since bledsoe was here proving it.

romo is just mobile enough to hide how bad the line is. till we fix the line, ANY rb you throw out there will have spotty success.

craig71

Reaction score
iceberg;3148742 said:
i've been saying the line is a problem since bledsoe was here proving it.

romo is just mobile enough to hide how bad the line is. till we fix the line, ANY rb you throw out there will have spotty success.

I still think Gurode is a better center than a guard.

I think Davis is pretty good at right guard.

Columbo has an injury history so I don't know how he'll respond.

Free I think is a swing tackle,I don't know if he can consistently hold the point of attack.

Brewster is going to be a wild card,I hope he shows something in camp.

Kosier is a technician that really can't drive block,he just doesn't have the power.He is good at pulling and does a decent job in pass protection but he could be inproved upon.

Flo is just Flo.He just plays so stiff nowadays and his legs are starting to leave him.His footwork looks pretty bad when going against a speed rusher.He's also slow off the ball even when run blocking.They need to find somebody PDQ to take over at left tackle.2010 may well be Flo's last year as a starter.

Craig

T-RO

Reaction score
bbailey423;3147994 said:
For that kind of scratch he MUST be moved to RT next year. I don't want to hear about him being best at Guard. His impact on the salary cap and his impact on the field at Guard are not adding up.

Gurode needs to be moved to Guard and we need to get more of a technician at Center. I truly feel like we would have moved Gurode to guard had we not missed on that Center in the 2nd round (his name slips my mind).

Good gawd....Bigg can be a mauler but he also leads the team in complete whiffs. He always will.

So let's move a whiffer out to tackle where he has to face even quicker players?

Great idea if you want to see Romo on a stretcher. It's funny how people want to chase one bad decision (Jerry overpaying) with another one (putting Bigg at tackle).

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Lets all just put the 53 man roster on the wall and throw a dart at it, and then make threads calling out players.

"LP Ladouceur = Loser Poop Ladouceur?"

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
casmith07;3148931 said:
Lets all just put the 53 man roster on the wall and throw a dart at it, and then make threads calling out players.

"LP Ladouceur = Loser Poop Ladouceur?"

Nah, let's be happy with every average-performing player we're paying a truckoad of money to instead.

And then cover our eyes and pretend not to see another disappointing season pass by.

:blind: