"Everyone at ESPN can kiss my Grits" w/video post #60

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
theebs;2270191 said:
I didnt start this thread to debate whether or not I like the guy. I should not have even responded to that.

I just thought the kiss my grits was funny.

We know your heart theebs, nobody doubts you. We just feel TO is all that's being said here...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
theebs;2270191 said:
I didnt start this thread to debate whether or not I like the guy. I should not have even responded to that.

I just thought the kiss my grits was funny.

I wasn't trying to draw you in to anything...

I'm much like you in the fact that I am "old school". I very much subscribe to the "act like you've been there" adage...

But as I stated earlier, it took Irvin a while to win me over. I can cut a bit of slack to those that lead by example in regards to hard work and dedication. I would rather them shut their mouth, but at least they are leading by example in work ethic...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
bbgun;2270197 said:
I'm more concerned that he knows that catchphrase.

http://i229.***BLOCKED***/albums/ee207/metalheadvonrocker/my%20photos/akissmygritspic.jpg

Nav22

Reaction score
I just don't get why people get so caught up with players' personalities away from the game. Charles Haley was a major prick off the field, it didn't keep me from rooting for him to crush opposing QBs every Sunday.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Nav22;2270236 said:
I just don't get why people get so caught up with players' personalities away from the game. Charles Haley was a major prick off the field, it didn't keep me from rooting for him to crush opposing QBs every Sunday.

Apparantly he was proud of "it" too.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I think it's pretty clear that TO has either worked very hard to become a much better teammate than in the past, or that part of his game has just always been undersold. I don't think it's far fetched to call him a leader, a game breaker and a guy that will be as critical as anyone in getting us over the top.

With that said, even though it's clear he cares about this team, he also cares a whole helluva lot about getting self promotion. Reminds me a little bit of Deion in this regard. I think he puts winning and exposure as his No. 1 and 1a goals.

It's going to piss off a lot of people (some Cowboys fans, plenty of opposing fans) along the way, give the media tons to yap about, but at the end of the day, I don't think it matters.

Rant over.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2270136 said:
Just for the record Hos, I didn't unearth another old "why I like/hate TO" thread. :p:

I think it's fun to read them though.

About BSPN.. Their NFL countdown show is virtually unwatchable to me nowadays. Tom Jackson and Meshawn are major Cowboys haters. Even when we do well they say nothing positive about us. Major lameness.

Bleu!! Tom Jackson is an...... :mule:

:espn:

BTW. Anyone know where that line comes from? Hint: Flo, from the sitcom.....................

EDIT: Rack's all over this. Apologies young man. I didn't read the whole post, obviously.

Reaction score
RainMan;2270269 said:
I think it's pretty clear that TO has either worked very hard to become a much better teammate than in the past, or that part of his game has just always been undersold. I don't think it's far fetched to call him a leader, a game breaker and a guy that will be as critical as anyone in getting us over the top.

With that said, even though it's clear he cares about this team, he also cares a whole helluva lot about getting self promotion. Reminds me a little bit of Deion in this regard. I think he puts winning and exposure as his No. 1 and 1a goals.

It's going to piss off a lot of people (some Cowboys fans, plenty of opposing fans) along the way, give the media tons to yap about, but at the end of the day, I don't think it matters.

Rant over.

I think he was a bad teammate with the niners. And yes, he is very much like Deion.

J-DOG

Reaction score
Actually if you have ESPN and the NFL network anyone would feel the same way as Owens.
What ESPN calls journalism is a joke.
Reporters with an agenda,fabricating stories and biased game analysts...ESPN dissappoints in just about every aspect as to how they cover the NFL.
It's the NFL for dummies version every week on ESPN.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm with you theebs, on Owens and Pacman, at least. Jerry gets a pass from me.

mperfection

Reaction score
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;2270189 said:
He's an entertainer.lol

Showboat.....give me a break. It amazes me how fans take more offense to the things he does than the players he goes up against. When you put in the hard work TO does you want to let loose on the football field and entertain. Give the fans something to talk about while walking to the parking lot to get their cars. I know all of my friends text me after the first touchdown saying how funny TO was with the finish line tape celebration. If you dont understand that the NFL is in the entertainment business then thats where your problem is. TO is way more of a team player than Marvin "i want to sit by myself on the sidelines" Harrison. But because he doesn't celebrate he gets lapped up by old farts and people with no sense of humor.

Get your popcorn ready Sunday Night theebs, because 81 is going to put on another show to make the crowd go wild!

OTM - On The Money!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;2270189 said:
He's an entertainer.lol

Showboat.....give me a break. It amazes me how fans take more offense to the things he does than the players he goes up against. When you put in the hard work TO does you want to let loose on the football field and entertain. Give the fans something to talk about while walking to the parking lot to get their cars. I know all of my friends text me after the first touchdown saying how funny TO was with the finish line tape celebration. If you dont understand that the NFL is in the entertainment business then thats where your problem is. TO is way more of a team player than Marvin "i want to sit by myself on the sidelines" Harrison. But because he doesn't celebrate he gets lapped up by old farts and people with no sense of humor.

Get your popcorn ready Sunday Night theebs, because 81 is going to put on another show to make the crowd go wild!

It's particularly entertaining when he used to scream at his WR coach on the sideline and call the starting QB a homo in the press. Old farts don't understand how funny these things are.

Reaction score
Idgit;2270373 said:
It's particularly entertaining when he used to scream at his WR coach on the sideline and call the starting QB a homo in the press. Old farts don't understand how funny these things are.

I said he was a bad teammate in San Fran. It's in the past. Garcia has moved on to throwing him touchdowns in the pro bowl now. People make mistakes and learn from them. Thats how life works. You really should forgive the guy seeing as he didn't do anything to wreck anybodys life. Last time i checked Jeff Garcia was throwing TO passes in the pro bowl. TO is a leader, a mentor, an entertainer, and a role model, and a imperfect human being and thats why I love the guy.

Hold on to grudges all you want to. Just isn't my style to judge a man who really hasn't done anything bad. Me vs the anti TO people will agree to disagree.

To quote the great 81. "You can hate me all you want to, but i love me some me."

:bow:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;2270378 said:
I said he was a bad teammate in San Fran. It's in the past. Garcia has moved on to throwing him touchdowns in the pro bowl now. People make mistakes and learn from them. Thats how life works. You really should forgive the guy seeing as he didn't do anything to wreck anybodys life. Last time i checked Jeff Garcia was throwing TO passes in the pro bowl. TO is a leader, a mentor, an entertainer, and a role model, and a imperfect human being and thats why I love the guy.

Hold on to grudges all you want to. Just isn't my style to judge a man who really hasn't done anything bad. Me vs the anti TO people will agree to disagree.

To quote the great 81. "You can hate me all you want to, but i love me some me."

:bow:

Fair enough. I don't hate the guy, and I absolutely love to watch him play. He's been a good teammate as a Cowboy, and I wasn't opposed to us signing him under the circumstances. There's no denying his talent. He's just not ever going to be a favorite of mine. I definitely don't love me some him.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
theebs;2270106 said:
I just dont like showboats

Like Romo punching at the air after TDs or slamming the ball down at the back of the endzone? Or Barber strutting or posing in the endzone? Almost all players showboat in some form. But you know Keyshawn would give the ball to kids in wheelchairs after TDs, and i couldn’t stand the guy. I think endzone celebrations are a terrible way to judge a player.

theebs;2270106 said:
and guys who put themselves above their teammates.

Like guys that cry for their quarterbacks?

alby

Reaction score
All you have to look at is

the Cowboys immediately before TO.
vs
the Cowboys immediately after TO.

I'm going to get my popcorn ready for as long as I can.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
alby;2270402 said:
All you have to look at is

the Cowboys immediately before TO.
vs
the Cowboys immediately after TO.

I'm going to get my popcorn ready for as long as I can.

Well if you want to get technical...

Immediately before TO: 9-7

Immediately after TO: 10-6

Wow, one game.

Sorry, but it was your criteria, not mine.

Dcz84

Reaction score
theebs;2270059 said:
Anyone catch that from owens!

The show live wire (which is becoming a must watch for me) has nfl films on field and in the locker room audio.

They caught Owens saying that on the sideline after his second touchdown.

So I guess he doesnt like them too much!!

thats the only thing I like about owens.
They also showed him huggin Felix after he returned the kick off for a score and told him I told you SP teams,offence, defense, im so pround of you. Team player right there.

sago1

Reaction score
If you feel your stuck with TO cause he's a Cowboys that also means your stuck with his 15 TD catches last year & his 3 TD catches this year. You might consider text messaging Tony Romo to let him know of your disapproval of TO so Romo might consider throwing all those TDs to someone else. I'm sure Romo would be thrilled (not) to ignore TO & look elsewhere to get those TDs. Anybody want to bet Crayton, Austin, Hurd, Stanback, etc. could make up the difference.

I didn't want TO here initially either. But he's no where near as bad as many portrayed. Why doesn't Randy Moss get more hate for his attitude. He quit on Minny & the Raiders. Heck why don't more people jump on Kitna for walking off the field during the INT he throw & making no effort to stop the runback, etc.

We see TO doing everything he can to help this team. He mentors the young WRs, he blocks for his teammates, he clears the field so other players like Witten have the chance to get open, etc. He's been a great teammate in Dallas. Admit he loves the spotlight but so do a lot of athletes. The guy shows a heck of a lot more class then many of them. Frankly, I think TO is funny to watch; he's an actor in the stage and he understands his role & provides entertainment. I don't believe there's a team in the NFL who wouldn't want TO to play for them no matter what their coaches/GMs say. Now admittedly, they may not be able to deal with him nor have the QB who can keep him happy so I guess TO & Romo would have to go as a package. Ha. Of course Romo wouldn't go w/o Witten so that means other teams would have to take TO, Romo & Witten all together but then I'm not sure those 3 would go w/o MBIII. Sorry, this all off the subject. I'm getting punch drunk at 6:30 AM.