"Everyone at ESPN can kiss my Grits" w/video post #60

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theebs;2270059 said:
thats the only thing I like about owens.
Oh, I figured you would at least like his performance on the field. :laugh2:

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
i'm with ya theebs. All we can do is root for the guy to be productive and not disruptive. One of the reasons he is not a part of my sig.

On to ESPN. What a joke. Never once did they bring up the Mcnabb interview over the summer when he constantly brought up TO and the past. Their agenda is so clear. And honestly, what has the guy done in the past 2 years do deserve such a hatred from the "panel of espn experts"?

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
theebs;2270059 said:
Anyone catch that from owens!

The show live wire (which is becoming a must watch for me) has nfl films on field and in the locker room audio.

They caught Owens saying that on the sideline after his second touchdown.

So I guess he doesnt like them too much!!

thats the only thing I like about owens.

I think Owens is still upset that ESPN fired his boyfriend for Chris-freakin'-Carter :\

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
theebs;2270079 said:
He is everything I dislike about professional athletes. Nothing he does at this point can change that for me personally.

But I am stuck with him. Like jerry and pacman, nothing I can do but hope for the best and root for the team.
Sad. I always give someone the capacity for redemption, and Owens has come damn close in Dallas.

You take yourself, and your fanhood entirely too seriously. T.O. has done nothing except try to make a change, within our organization he has had one of the most profound impacts. Infectious personality that makes people work harder, and you still get hostile because he throws darts at the media from time to time.

Grow up, stop condemning someone. You don't personally know that man, you just base your hatred for him based on media outlets. I'm as cynical as they get and its obvious that Owens has genuinely matured and made an effort to change for the better.

And we would not be a super bowl caliber team without 81. f

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
GoinForSix;2270545 said:
Sad. I always give someone the capacity for redemption, and Owens has come damn close in Dallas.

You take yourself, and your fanhood entirely too seriously. T.O. has done nothing except try to make a change, within our organization he has had one of the most profound impacts. Infectious personality that makes people work harder, and you still get hostile because he throws darts at the media from time to time.

Grow up, stop condemning someone. You don't personally know that man, you just base your hatred for him based on media outlets. I'm as cynical as they get and its obvious that Owens has genuinely matured and made an effort to change for the better.

And we would not be a super bowl caliber team without 81. f

ok. Look this is the last time I am going to comment on this. I started this thread because I liked what owens said about espn.

Please dont worry how I feel about owens. If you love him that is great. I dont care, it doesnt affect me in any way. I did not start this thread to debate owens.

this place is really getting tough to visit.

juck

Reaction score
theebs;2270079 said:
He is everything I dislike about professional athletes. Nothing he does at this point can change that for me personally.

But I am stuck with him. Like jerry and pacman, nothing I can do but hope for the best and root for the team.
I know dude it sucks being stuck with the hardest working,most passionate,most athletic beastly wr in the NFL.That scores,scores and scores again.just horrible.:rolleyes:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
All you have to look at is

the Cowboys immediately before TO.
vs
the Cowboys immediately after TO.

I'm going to get my popcorn ready for as long as I can.

Rack;2270405 said:
Well if you want to get technical...

Immediately before TO: 9-7

Immediately after TO: 10-6

Wow, one game.

Sorry, but it was your criteria, not mine.

I think he was talking about BTO and ATO being the whole gig. Since he's come we've become a much more prolific offense. Romo goes into the same side of that equation.

It's the whole team that makes us so good but TO is a big part of it. And we all know what happens when TO is not working properly.

WG5516

Reaction score
Some of you need to let it go... The Cowboys would be trash if he weren't here.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
WG5516;2270804 said:

If you say so. I happen to love TO because I love receivers that have huge ego's and can back it up. I loved him in SF, I loved him in Phili and I love him here. But even I won't say that our team hinges on TO to the point that he raises us from trash to elite.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
FaithInWade01;2270083 said:
kind of stubborn aren't you my lad?

No kidding. Talk about taking it to the extreme. :rolleyes:

Bittersweet isn't REALLY as sweet as some want to say it is.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
theebs;2270549 said:
ok. Look this is the last time I am going to comment on this. I started this thread because I liked what owens said about espn.

Please dont worry how I feel about owens. If you love him that is great. I dont care, it doesnt affect me in any way. I did not start this thread to debate owens.

You liked what he said about ESPN but you sure got the time to put in your snipe at him also. Some felt the need to respond to the snipe.

Many it appears. :D

ZB9

Reaction score
theebs;2270079 said:

comon man. They are playing a game.

It's entertainment. Pro athletes are in the same category as actors and musicians

I guess you are going to be critical of Keith Richards next? :)

superpunk

Reaction score
theebs;2270549 said:

I've always got your back, theebs, but you were definitely asking for it with your OP.

WG5516;2270804 said:
Don't say stupid things. Who knows what this team would be like if he wasn't here. Maybe we'd have drafted Greg Jennings, Brandon Marshall, etc. It's an enormously talented team with or without TO.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WG5516;2270804 said:

Who in this thread isn't letting it go?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sago1;2270419 said:
TO & Romo would have to go as a package. Ha. Of course Romo wouldn't go w/o Witten so that means other teams would have to take TO, Romo & Witten all together but then I'm not sure those 3 would go w/o MBIII.
:laugh2: