"Finally".... The Rock Returns.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Phoenix;3891485 said:
I was wondering when the Crippler would be mentioned...yeah, he was one of my favorites back in the day before he went insane and did the horrible things he did. How sad that was. What an extraordinary talent he was in-ring. Yeah, Benoit could've hung with Angle. Another guy that could have was that guy who left and ruled MMA recently.

Chris Benoit is probably the saddest story to ever come out of wrestling..right up there with Owen Hart.

Ren

Reaction score
Could someone pleas explain to me why "Snookie" is famous?

The whole bar thing on RAW last night has to be the most cringe worthy moment in TV history

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Ren;3891604 said:

The whole bar thing on RAW last night has to be the most cringe worthy moment in TV history

Jersey Shore

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Ren;3891604 said:

Yea that was bad .....

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3890890 said:
Part of the problem with AJ on the mic is the horrible writing on TNA...when Flair first got there they tried to make AJ "Ric II" and acting wise he just couldn't carry it out.

I dunno..to me wrestling is easy to figure out. The guys that have great mic skills you put on the mic; the ones that don't you don't.

AJ would fall into the "don't" category.

I still think he's a good wrestler though; not great but he's really good. They don't need to make his job harder than it already is.

The AJ as Ric Flair Part II is one of the worst things I've seen someone attempt in wrestling. That was completely unwatchable. AJ should never have even been thought of in that same light. No where near the same charisma or mic ability to pull off that gimmick.

CATCH17;3891046 said:
:bow:

[youtube]s2siZ3B1U4Y[/youtube]

He was a great heel and face. MY favorite of all time.

Check out that video. Dudes a Rockstar.

Yep. Easily my favorite ever.

Romo 2 Austin;3891142 said:
Sheamus certainly is a better choice than the Miz or Alberto Del Joke.

I like Miz but I agree with Sheamus over Del Rio.

Romo 2 Austin;3891324 said:
next years wrestlemania should be headlined by a heel Cena vs a face Orton, with Orton coming out on top and them progressing to him as the face of the company.

I'd personally love a Cena v. Orton feud that unites the world titles, with 1 world title it would add so much more legitimacy to it.

I wouldn't mind this at all. I'd be perfectly ok with something like this.

DallasGirl50;3891424 said:
We're miles apart in what we enjoy in terms of a wrestling product. That whole Karen/Jeff/Kurt is as lame as it comes to me and I can't watch that crap. Total waste of Angle's talent to me.

Agreed. Those types of angles are always completely stupid. Using that real life stuff to try and draw cheap heat is friggen ignorant. WWE did it too with the BS between Edge and Matt Hardy and it destroyed Hardy for a long time there cause he's awful on the mic anyway so he got disected by Edge on the mic and then they had Edge pretty much destroy him in the ring.

Those things are always terribly booked and just completely unwatchable.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
It's funny..Shawn is easily one of the best wrestlers of all time and yet amongst his peers for the majority of his career he was among the most disliked in the locker room.

He said in an interview I saw that he was so arrogant and so full of himself that the other guys just couldn't stand him..

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3892126 said:
It's funny..Shawn is easily one of the best wrestlers of all time and yet amongst his peers for the majority of his career he was among the most disliked in the locker room.

He said in an interview I saw that he was so arrogant and so full of himself that the other guys just couldn't stand him..

Oh yeah. In the 90's he was an absolute headache and a ******* to have to deal with. It's one of the many reasons that he and Bret butted heads so much. He's been very open, since returning, about how hard of a guy he was to work with back in the day.

Get his 3 disc DVD set sometime and watch the story part of it. Its about 2 hours long but he goes into it pretty good about how much of a problem he could be and was willing to be back then. Many others on the DVD do as well.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3893218 said:
Oh yeah. In the 90's he was an absolute headache and a ******* to have to deal with. It's one of the many reasons that he and Bret butted heads so much. He's been very open, since returning, about how hard of a guy he was to work with back in the day.

Get his 3 disc DVD set sometime and watch the story part of it. Its about 2 hours long but he goes into it pretty good about how much of a problem he could be and was willing to be back then. Many others on the DVD do as well.

I have the DVD set of Shawn's but thanks for the heads up. I actually first heard him talk about being a jerk on a Christian talk show...he is quite humble now and he also said he was not a good father or husband for a number of years. I enjoy listening to Shawn talk..he's a cool guy.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3893240 said:
I have the DVD set of Shawn's but thanks for the heads up. I actually first heard him talk about being a jerk on a Christian talk show...he is quite humble now and he also said he was not a good father or husband for a number of years. I enjoy listening to Shawn talk..he's a cool guy.

He's the man.

Him and Emmitt Smith are my 2 childhood hero's. Pretty random duo.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
CATCH17;3893386 said:
He's the man.

Him and Emmitt Smith are my 2 childhood hero's. Pretty random duo.

That is pretty random there...Shawn has that one goofy eye though...lazy eye or something but one of his eyes doesn't look straight. I'm not sure if he hurt himself and that messed up his eye or what happened but he's hard to watch in interviews..but fun to listen to.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3893958 said:
That is pretty random there...Shawn has that one goofy eye though...lazy eye or something but one of his eyes doesn't look straight. I'm not sure if he hurt himself and that messed up his eye or what happened but he's hard to watch in interviews..but fun to listen to.

All the chair shots to the head.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3893958 said:

People insulting Shawn's eye always pissed me off, it's like the guy is so great you have to resort to insulting his eye? C'mon man.

(not targeting you, just pointing it out). Shawn Michael's is the ultimate wrestler, as charismatic as the Rock, as great as Bret Hart in the ring, as good-looking as they come in his prime. Michael's was the greatest of all time, and two years ago I was ribbed more on wrestling forums for saying that Michael's was better than Flair than I am here for saying Miles is better than Dez, and now its pretty much universally accepted Michaels>Flair.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3893967 said:
People insulting Shawn's eye always pissed me off, it's like the guy is so great you have to resort to insulting his eye? C'mon man.

(not targeting you, just pointing it out). Shawn Michael's is the ultimate wrestler, as charismatic as the Rock, as great as Bret Hart in the ring, as good-looking as they come in his prime. Michael's was the greatest of all time, and two years ago I was ribbed more on wrestling forums for saying that Michael's was better than Flair than I am here for saying Miles is better than Dez, and now its pretty much universally accepted Michaels>Flair.

Lordy..I'm not insulting Shawn. That lazy eye is disconcerting...it is what it is. I merely said I have a hard time watching him talk..after awhile I start to focus on how his eyes don't focus. I feel bad for him that that happened and as a WOMAN I think he's really quite nice looking. He's never been my favorite and never will be but I like the guy alot.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3893971 said:
Lordy..I'm not insulting Shawn. That lazy eye is disconcerting...it is what it is. I merely said I have a hard time watching him talk..after awhile I start to focus on how his eyes don't focus. I feel bad for him that that happened and as a WOMAN I think he's really quite nice looking. He's never been my favorite and never will be but I like the guy alot.

No no, I wasn't saying it to you, I know you weren't insulting him. I was saying it in general, people on smartmark wrestling sites insult Michael's all the time for him. its ridiculous.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3893973 said:
No no, I wasn't saying it to you, I know you weren't insulting him. I was saying it in general, people on smartmark wrestling sites insult Michael's all the time for him. its ridiculous.

uh ok..well that's just silly but seriously it is noticeable but nobody with any class would make fun of that.

Shawn must not be bothered by it. He does plenty of interviews. I would never make fun of that...

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3893979 said:
uh ok..well that's just silly but seriously it is noticeable but nobody with any class would make fun of that.

Shawn must not be bothered by it. He does plenty of interviews. I would never make fun of that...

Than you have more class than the average wrestling fan, :lmao2: im guessing you don't post on wrestling forums but some of the people there are ridiculous. The perception that wrestling fans are retards that live in their mothers basement isn't fair, but there is defiently a small percentage of wrestling fans that that apply's to and most of them are very active in the Internet wrestling community.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3893982 said:
Than you have more class than the average wrestling fan, :lmao2: im guessing you don't post on wrestling forums but some of the people there are ridiculous.

No I don't post on wrestling forums. Never have.

I go to shows if they are local (Houston area) and I read a few boards.

Some are pretty accurate but seriously if you have been watching wrestling as long as I have the feuds are quite predictable and you can guess pretty accurately how stuff will run.

I would be shocked if Taker lost Sunday (I think he has enough lockerroom stoke and respect with the powers that be in WWE to never lose at WM)...

and I think to HHH it doesn't mean that much. He's already boss for all intent and purposes anyway. I don't think he cares that much about actually wrestling. Kind of like Shawn at the end of his career...he had already made other plans. He was ready to retire. Taker isn't.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3893989 said:
No I don't post on wrestling forums. Never have.

I go to shows if they are local (Houston area) and I read a few boards.

Some are pretty accurate but seriously if you have been watching wrestling as long as I have the feuds are quite predictable and you can guess pretty accurately how stuff will run.

I would be shocked if Taker lost Sunday (I think he has enough lockerroom stoke and respect with the powers that be in WWE to never lose at WM)...

and I think to HHH it doesn't mean that much. He's already boss for all intent and purposes anyway. I don't think he cares that much about actually wrestling. Kind of like Shawn at the end of his career...he had already made other plans. He was ready to retire. Taker isn't.

Physically PWInsider has reported multiple times that they were afraid Taker wouldn't be able to go this year, they were discussing doing a Taker-McMahon match since it wouldn't require anything but taker beating him down. If his shoulder doesn't improve, don't be suprised to see a Vince-Taker feud next year, it'd be quite interesting in a Victor Frankenstein-The Monster sort of way, with Vince saying I created you and you'll never reach the 20-0, i'm going to destroy end you at 19-1. Once taker hits 20-0 he'll probably retire, so a the creation vs the creator feud would probably be their best bet, or Cena-Undertaker but if they have Cena lose and then Taker retires it doesn't look that good on Cena.

Either way, on the HHH beating Taker, honestly who else deserves it? As you said HHH will be around forever, he'll be working in the WWE for the next 30+ years, it would be a travesty if they let someone get the ultimate rub of beating Taker and then they left the WWE, they planned on having Brock beat Taker, imagine if they did that? They either have to never have Taker lose, or have him lose to HHH/Cena, they are the only two people that should have enough trust built up that they wouldn't screw it over.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
They put Taker with HHH because he will put him over..they are friends; have worked together for years. It's a safe match for Taker who hasn't wrestled in awhile.

I just can't see them having him lose. He's got the most pull backstage..been there the longest...most respected. You ask those guys out of character who is THE MAN in the lockerroom and it's Mark. When he's just Mark and not Taker he speaks of how much the streak means to him. So to show him the respect he has earned you never have him lose that match. Ever. I mean look who Shawn had "retire" him...that speaks volumes.

It should be a good match. Taker always goes into another gear when it's WM. It probably won't be on par to the last 2 with Shawn but still better than most PPV matches. Definitely better than Snooki and LayCool...:)

Or Jeff Hardy and Sting. :p: