"Finally".... The Rock Returns.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hostile;3891339 said:
He has also been saying that TNA is a better product. Last night a draw show was better than a TNA pay per view. Tell me how in the world TNA can be a better product based upon that alone.

Look, both federations or alliances or whatever they are are bringing back old guys to try and push the show. WWE is just bringing back better old guys. Know why? Because they can.

I was a diehard WCW guy. I should like TNA better. I don't. It is not as good as WWE. That is my opinion and I am entitled to it.

Most TNA ppv's consist of the best in-ring wrestling product you will find anywhere, yes the last PPV had a disastrous main event, that doesn't undo years of great PPV cards. The upcoming lockdown is looking great.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
daschoo;3891186 said:
quite sad at the age of 29 really but theres 14 of us getting the beers in and heading to a friends to watch it. looking forward to this weekend actually, celtic play in inverness saturday lunchtime, watching the cricket world cup final in the early evening then the english premiership highlights saturday night. then sunday theres the edinburgh derby at lunchtime, man city v sunderland and then in the pub playing darts i can watch villareal v barcelona followed by a quick kebab/curry and back to my friends to get stuck in to my beers for wrestlemania
Sounds like a great weekend!!!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3891303 said:
Sheamus has very bad mic skills...it's the accent I think..he needs work doing all that and they've tried with all that (remember "King" Sheamus which they thankfully have dropped cause it was going over like a lead balloon). He's got alot of talent though. Just needs some polish.

Morrison..the same. Gets flustered on the mic but he's a massive wrestling talent.

Orton..I would put the company on his back and ride with it. He's the best on WWE right now to me.

Punk..dude just keeps getting better all the time as a heel. I really like that guy.

Cena...ugh..I hate his act but he's the one that sells tshirts. As long as he stays healthy he'll get huge pushes.

HHH has been hurt and is near the end of the road..I think as he gets more and more involved backstage his ring work will just fade away. He'll always be around but not wrestling.

I was thinking watching Rock last night that even when he was a heel he got huge crowd pop. Rock is the most charismatic wrestler I've ever seen. People just love him.
The only thing I have ever disagreed with you about wrestling is about Cena. I like the guy, but it goes back to his days as the "Doctor of Thuganomics."

One night he wrestled here in Tucson against Eddie Guerrero and before Eddie and Chavo came down to their old "Lie, Cheat, and Steal" theme, he rapped a message to them. The fans in the arena were rolling. The parts I remember went like this.

You hate cause I'm White
That's reverse discrimination
I hate you for 2 words
Illegal Immigration

And then his ending went something like this.

You're taking me too lightly
Cause you don't really know me
I've got coconuts
You've got no cajones

John Cena has also impressed me with his dedication to the Make a Wish foundation and our troops. He isn't the greatest wrestler out there, but he puts on a show and I think he's a lot better than his criticism, which he handles pretty well as evidenced last night.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3891347 said:
Most TNA ppv's consist of the best in-ring wrestling product you will find anywhere, yes the last PPV had a disastrous main event, that doesn't undo years of great PPV cards. The upcoming lockdown is looking great.
You keep saying that, but I don't see it. I have yet to see anything to draw me to TNA, but I openly admit I have never liked Hogan or Jeff Jarrett and find them extremely boring.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Hostile;3891358 said:
The only thing I have ever disagreed with you about wrestling is about Cena. I like the guy, but it goes back to his days as the "Doctor of Thuganomics."

One night he wrestled here in Tucson against Eddie Guerrero and before Eddie and Chavo came down to their old "Lie, Cheat, and Steal" theme, he rapped a message to them. The fans in the arena were rolling. The parts I remember went like this.

You hate cause I'm White
That's reverse discrimination
I hate you for 2 words
Illegal Immigration

And then his ending went something like this.

Rock made me LOL when he said Cena was like a homeless Power Ranger..wasn't that his line last night? That was funny....

You're taking me too lightly
Cause you don't really know me
I've got coconuts
You've got no cajones

John Cena has also impressed me with his dedication to the Make a Wish foundation and our troops. He isn't the greatest wrestler out there, but he puts on a show and I think he's a lot better than his criticism, which he handles pretty well as evidenced last night.

I don't have a criticism of John as a wrestler and I knew he was very giving in terms of charitable issues..

As much as it pains me to admit it I guess I'm just too old for his act...I don't like all that rap crap..he is just one of those people that rubs me the wrong way for no reason. I totally get why he's heavily pushed but ya know when I hear the "Cena sucks" chants I can kind of relate.

The kids love him though. They market him very well.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hostile;3891365 said:
You keep saying that, but I don't see it. I have yet to see anything to draw me to TNA, but I openly admit I have never liked Hogan or Jeff Jarrett and find them extremely boring.

I don't know whats preventing you from being drawn to TNA, probably is your hatred for Hogan and Jarrett. The in-ring wrestling is far superior in TNA for the most part.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;3891369 said:
Bullcrap.

Do you even watch it? I watch WWE(when im bored/they are doing good things), TNA(always) & ROH (When I hear good things about a match/event) & TNA PPV's are my favorite events from a in-ring workrate perspective.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3891377 said:
I don't have a criticism of John as a wrestler and I knew he was very giving in terms of charitable issues..

As much as it pains me to admit it I guess I'm just too old for his act...I don't like all that rap crap..he is just one of those people that rubs me the wrong way for no reason. I totally get why he's heavily pushed but ya know when I hear the "Cena sucks" chants I can kind of relate.

The kids love him though. They market him very well.
The two wrestlers who I think appreciate the sucks chants the best I have ever seen are Cena and Kurt Angle. I remember when he came back to WWE after a neck injury and thanked the fans and asked for more saying he truly missed it.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Hostile;3891365 said:

Hogan was crap as a wrestler..he had that lame leg drop and that was about it. He can consider himself blessed that his act caught on so big and that Andre pushed him over. He's one the worse wrestlers ever...but one of the most popular ever. Weird.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3891347 said:
Most TNA ppv's consist of the best in-ring wrestling product you will find anywhere

Bull

If this was true, then every WWE mid-carder that goes to TNA would not become a Main Event guy.

And that is what happens.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;3891386 said:
Bull

If this was true, then every WWE mid-carder that goes to TNA would not become a Main Event guy.

And that is what happens.

No its not, WWE was prepared to push Mr.Kennedy through the freaking roof Brock Lesnar style. He's not a "mid-carder".

RVD, Jeff Hardy former world champions, 2 of the most popular wrestlers of the last decade. Not "Mid-Carders".

D'Angelo Dinero, WWE bookers have said they missed the boat on him and he has yet to get the world title push he has deserved in TNA.

Kurt Angle, he was WWE's best worker excl; Michaels. He's TNA's best worker. He's the best in the business, hes main event anywhere.

Matt Morgan, He's been built up over the past 3 years and he's getting to the point where he would be a main eventer in WWE. He's good in the ring and on the mic.

Who else from WWE has been pushed into the main event in TNA? Only two that even qualify as wwe-midcarders would be D'angelo Dinero and Matt Morgan, but both have been in TNA for years and re-established themselves.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Hostile;3891384 said:
The two wrestlers who I think appreciate the sucks chants the best I have ever seen are Cena and Kurt Angle. I remember when he came back to WWE after a neck injury and thanked the fans and asked for more saying he truly missed it.

Yep..there are alot of fans out there like me I guess. I'm just too old for his act I think and that's ok. I have young nephews that love and imitate him so it takes all kinds.

He's nowhere near the wrestler Angle is though. Kurt on his worse day is much better than Cena.

Out of the ring though Kurt is a mess. Can't say that about Cena.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3891392 said:
Yep..there are alot of fans out there like me I guess. I'm just too old for his act I think and that's ok. I have young nephews that love and imitate him so it takes all kinds.

He's nowhere near the wrestler Angle is though. Kurt on his worse day is much better than Cena.

Out of the ring though Kurt is a mess. Can't say that about Cena.

On his worst day Kurt's still the best in the business since Michael's retired. The only one even close to their level is Chris Jericho and hes retired aswell atm and with the way DWTS is going he might stay that way.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3891391 said:
Who else from WWE has been pushed into the main event in TNA? Only two that even qualify as wwe-midcarders would be D'angelo Dinero and Matt Morgan, but both have been in TNA for years and re-established themselves.

Christian
Rhino
Scott Steiner
Matt Hardy
Jeff Jarrett
Dudley Boys
Ken Kennedy
ect ect ect

Jeff Hardy was never anything but a mid carder ..... just popular so Vince pushed him before he fired him.

RVD's drug problems pushed him back in mid card status.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3891382 said:
I don't know whats preventing you from being drawn to TNA, probably is your hatred for Hogan and Jarrett. The in-ring wrestling is far superior in TNA for the most part.
Not in my opinion.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;3891400 said:
Christian
Rhino
Scott Steiner
Matt Hardy
Jeff Jarrett
Dudley Boys
Ken Kennedy
ect ect ect

Scott Steiner main evented a few PPVs in WWE, I recall the Steiner v. HHH feud.

Ken Kennedy was not a mid-carder in WWE.

Matt Hardy isn't in the main event.

Rhino was a main eventer 5 years ago in TNA, and he earned it at that point was doing great work.

Jeff Jarrett founded the company, and he's one of the best heels in the industry right now. You just feel compelled to hate him.

Christian should be a main eventer in WWE, Vince just hates him for some mental reason. Guess he has too much talent.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3891385 said:
Hogan was crap as a wrestler..he had that lame leg drop and that was about it. He can consider himself blessed that his act caught on so big and that Andre pushed him over. He's one the worse wrestlers ever...but one of the most popular ever. Weird.
I think it was Gorilla Monsoon who once said of Hogan, "He doesn't know a leg drop from an egg drop, but people love him."

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;3891400 said:
Jeff Hardy was never anything but a mid carder ..... just popular so Vince pushed him before he fired him.

RVD's drug problems pushed him back in mid card status.
RVD would've eventually got back to the main event, no doubt.

J.Hardy has the it factor, he's insanely charismatic and when hes not stoned he has great matches. He is a main eventer.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3891395 said:
On his worst day Kurt's still the best in the business since Michael's retired. The only one even close to their level is Chris Jericho and hes retired aswell atm and with the way DWTS is going he might stay that way.

Jericho will be back..he's a guy that has alot of outside things he likes to do but can step back into the ring next week and be fine.

Kurt is messed up..this DWI is not the first time he's been in trouble with the law.. TNA has no idea how to write for him..all that lame Karen/Jeff stuff is unwatchable.

He's a great wrestler though.