"McQuistan is staying!" - Bill Parcells

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
MikeCowboy3189 said:
66930.jpg

Isn't that the guy from that movie.....Mask? Cher played the role of his mother.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
ah, then maybe you should have 1st mentioned that instead of the part where BP said McQ would have been gobbled up if he had been put on waivers :p:
No, I was talking about the second post. Nevermind.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
Isn't that the guy from that movie.....Mask? Cher played the role of his mother.

Yes, you're right. The movie was called "Mask."

Guys, let's stop ridiculing his looks. People can't control what they're born with.

wileedog

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
it's his, and just about everyone else's opinion except for you and wileedog

Hey, if BP says it I'm down with it.

But you'll notice Bill also mentioned how darned lucky they were to find a guy like him where they did. WHich was my whole point in the first place.

I'm happy to be 'wrong' in this case.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
wileedog said:
Hey, if BP says it I'm down with it.

But you'll notice Bill also mentioned how darned lucky they were to find a guy like him where they did. WHich was my whole point in the first place.

I'm happy to be 'wrong' in this case.

yeah, I knew you were ready to concede if McQ stays, I can't fault your thought process since Flo has been missing some time, and last year's experience w/ him out of the lineup, so it has to worry you a bit, it does me, but only a smidgen

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
yeah, I knew you were ready to concede if McQ stays, I can't fault your thought process since Flo has been missing some time, and last year's experience w/ him out of the lineup, so it has to worry you a bit, it does me, but only a smidgen
If we can get 16(19?) games out of Flo and Colombo we are going to have an above average OL. Colombo *absolutely rocked* against San Fran. If either goes down and Fabini isn't hanging around I'm a little more than a "smidgen" scared.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt said:
If we can get 16(19?) games out of Flo and Colombo we are going to have an above average OL. Colombo *absolutely rocked* against San Fran.

this line isn't great, but it's not going to hold us back IMO, I've been saying that for a long time

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
this line isn't great, but it's not going to hold us back IMO, I've been saying that for a long time
Not great, but well above average. Kosier is looking very good. Gurode has me sold me. Rivera is playing like a pro-bowler and I haven't ever been stoked about a lineman like I am now about Colombo. He is the long-term answer we've been looking for.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt said:
Not great, but well above average. Kosier is looking very good. Gurode has me sold me. Rivera is playing like a pro-bowler and I haven't ever been stoked about a lineman like I am now about Colombo. He's is the long-term answer we've been looking for.

I love it, although this wasn't the plan, we're building our line ala the Pats and CHiefs

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I love it, although this wasn't the plan, we're building our line ala the Pats and CHiefs
The key is not spending first day picks on linemen I guess. Who knew?

edit: I don't see the Chiefs comparison, but definitely like the Pats.

wileedog

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:

Yeah, that was my thinking. I just don't want another Tucker situation sabotaging our season again. I needed to hear it from Bill's mouth that he thought McQ was the real deal, and he positively gushed about him today, even reversing tracks on his "trust him in a real" game statement, which was the center of my angst.

He said he might still keep Fabini too, but I don't think that's even a consideration unless Vandy proves he can kick off, and even then with Pettiti all but named as the swing guy its unlikely.

Props to you and Fuzzy and some others, you guys called it. I just hope it works :)