Raise your hand if you owe the FO an apology

ESisback

Reaction score
I can vouch for tha. In the old days, bloke, I was the coolest at the Bowl Yaqui lanes. The chicks swooned. Corso joined me one night and we spontaneously broke into song and sang the American songbook of bowling ballads (topped by "Oklahoma!" for no other reason tha he likes the tune.) Well, now he is king at the Bowl Yaqui. I stay away, plotting me comeback.

His writing is a mixture of comedy, history, creole strata with a plot that keeps you reading. The lad is talented. If I can scare his agent away, I will be his svengali.

Dude, I wanna party with you! Apologies to Corso, too. I make assumptions, and many times, a handful of posts can create a false perception. What we read here is often just a top of the iceberg.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dude, I wanna party with you! Apologies to Corso, too. I make assumptions, and many times, a handful of posts can create a false perception. What we read here is often just a top of the iceberg.
So true, ES lad!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Garrett is still here.
Jones & Son are still GM.

Then there you go. These moves they made are C+ moves. The moves the Rams made and Philly are A- to A+ moves.
We expected this team to go for it, but they never do. So let's see if we can win a playoff game with our frugal Owner.

sulu1701

Reaction score
The question I have is, will JG and Linehan know what the F_ _ K to do with these players, or will they be calling the S-O-S

Hadenough

Reaction score
You really think the Real World acts like that?
I know some genius writers. Genius! And they just can't break into Hollywood. Why? It's not because they're inferior talents to what's currently employed, it's because it's a good old boys club with exclusivity and it's a fluke for a newb to get in. Not the norm.
It's not as easy as telling someone "I have the talent you need to make you..." - you know what?

I don't even think you'd get it and I'm wasting my time here.

Edit: Nice edit. You can't fathom what a Poster Consultant could be...
Exactly!! LOL

Hadenough

Reaction score
Garrett is still here.
Jones & Son are still GM.

Then there you go. These moves they made are C+ moves. The moves the Rams made and Philly are A- to A+ moves.
We expected this team to go for it, but they never do. So let's see if we can win a playoff game with our frugal Owner.
You could compare the Cowboys to the Bengals when it comes to winning a playoff game!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Dont make me laugh! As it stood Dak had no time to throw. The oline gave up 7 sacks. And that doesnt account for the pressures. Trying anything would of been better than doing nothing. Of course the game plans are made during the week leading up but in case you didnt know Garretts offense doesnt gameplan for specific defenses they run the same offense week in and week out. The only other team that does that is the Steelers. You can do that but it requires an extreme amount of talent. Most teams have to put together a game plan.
Do you actually think that adjustments cant be made or do you think Garrett doesnt have the time to make them. There is something called an alternate game plan its kind of like a plan B. And that can be done the week before too!!! Look around the league my friend and you will see many teams come out in the second half of football and change things up!

Yes teams change up things in the 2nd half as do the Cowboys. The ridiculous thought that Garrett makes all the changes for both offense and defense in the 10 minutes they have is actually funny. Each of the coordinators are making the changes. And yes I'm probably sure they have a plan B ready to use for the 2nd half. Because they don't do what YOU think they should does not make it that they don't change things or have a plan B.

Just about every team goes with their strength each week. The Cowboys, at least in 2016 was a 50/50 split on run and pass. If a team passes 65%-75% they do that week in and week out. Teams don't game plan to feature a unit or style they know isn't as good as the one they normally use. A lot of the problems the Cowboys had in 2017 actually came from the fact that the O-line was for all of the season 40% different and for several games 60% different than what it was in 2016. Then to be without the leagues leading rusher from 2016 for 6 games and the heart and soul of the defense for 5 full games and 2 halves of other games and that is what caused most of the problems.

I still stand by those that think t was just a matter of moving another player to the left side in the falcon game don't realize that may have helped the problem with the rush but cause other problems like 1 less receiver in the pattern that makes it that much easier for the defense to defend.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Yes teams change up things in the 2nd half as do the Cowboys. The ridiculous thought that Garrett makes all the changes for both offense and defense in the 10 minutes they have is actually funny. Each of the coordinators are making the changes. And yes I'm probably sure they have a plan B ready to use for the 2nd half. Because they don't do what YOU think they should does not make it that they don't change things or have a plan B.

Just about every team goes with their strength each week. The Cowboys, at least in 2016 was a 50/50 split on run and pass. If a team passes 65%-75% they do that week in and week out. Teams don't game plan to feature a unit or style they know isn't as good as the one they normally use. A lot of the problems the Cowboys had in 2017 actually came from the fact that the O-line was for all of the season 40% different and for several games 60% different than what it was in 2016. Then to be without the leagues leading rusher from 2016 for 6 games and the heart and soul of the defense for 5 full games and 2 halves of other games and that is what caused most of the problems.

I still stand by those that think t was just a matter of moving another player to the left side in the falcon game don't realize that may have helped the problem with the rush but cause other problems like 1 less receiver in the pattern that makes it that much easier for the defense to defend.
Im not saying that Garrett can change a whole game plan in 10 min, of course the game plan is put together the week before. BUT Garrett is responsible for making sure that the game plan A and B are what he wants. I find it amusing that your worried about losing a receiving option when Dak doesnt have time to even throw it.

GORICO

Reaction score
Be the first to say yes, I owe them one.Think frustration got the best of us ...........It's not how you start, how you finish. So to Stephen, Jerry, and McClay .........job well done.
if they get FS before draft...i will send letter of apology to Jerry

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I won't owe the front office anything until they bring us another super bowl win. period. ever.
I don’t even need a SB. At this point making the post season in consecutive years would be a good accomplishment.

Pants

Reaction score
I couldn't read 24 pages to admit that I owe them an apology...it is JUST the opposite...been a fan since 1972, and with the last 22 years, they owe me a HUGE apology for their ineptness and bungling of SO MANY things

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Let me, once again, apologize to everybody here. Especially the Mods. And the FO...
I shall remain in penance for forever.

My soul feels... eh.