Rams game 12/15

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
He just said we were going to lose 38-10. I tried betting him on it and he's going hysterical telling me I'm afraid of betting him. It's quite odd actually.

How am I the one being hysterical when I agreed to the bet with a few changes in the terms and conditions? You are the one calling me a coward when I asked "handshake" at the end of the bet post. Why the hell should I be the only one kicked off the forum for the month if I lose vs you just not being able to argue with me? What kind of trade off is that? Bets are supposed to be fair. Say I agree to the 28+ point deficit (and I don't want to include garbage TD's like how the packers game went down). Will the terms and conditions remain the same or can we come to some form of agreement?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Says the guy who has Dez Bryant with a Saints Jersey on as his profile pic. Why not get a pic of Dez with a Dallas jersey on?

You made a prediction, then backpedaled - twice - when called on it. The first time you fired off a straw man. The second time you went with a red herring.

I wonder which logical fallacy you'll go with next? :muttley:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Reality is, stuff like this rarely works.
But--if you could actually get all Cowboys fans at the game to all do a unified "protest" of some sort, I think it would be noticeable, becuase my guess is the stadium will be at least half or more Cowboys fans.

In a town like LA without a super strong local following, I'd be shocked if there weren't a massive amount of Cowboys fans even though it's "their" stadium....

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
You made a prediction, then backpedaled - twice - when called on it. The first time you fired off a straw man. The second time you went with a red herring.

I wonder which logical fallacy you'll go with next? :muttley:

While you're at it, make an AmariChill bash thread since that's all you folks like to do. You're more obsessed with me than actually contributed to the original intent of the forum :laugh:. Keep talking, I enjoy the fame much like Jerry Jones and the Cowboys players :flagwave:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
As entertaining as it is to watch, I'm not trying to insert myself into this quarrel over this bet.
But--FWIW--I don't think AmariChill is being as disingenuous as you guys are implying.

As I see it--he's looking for some sort of reasonable reciprocation on a bet.
meaning--"If you win, I'll like everything you post for the next week, and if I win, you stay off the forum for a month"

Don't have to be an impartial observer to realize those aren't exactly similar risks.
there should be some similarly embarassing or punitive risks by both sides to make the bet worthwhile imo.

As for the score--I don't know if you should be giving 28 as that was clearly just a prediction. But, if you are confident this is going to be a blowout, there should be some points given. You were pretty adamant that this is going to be a blowout and the wager should reflect that sentiment, at least to some degree.

Normally they say HFA is worth about 3 points spread wise, give or take. So a 17 point Rams win is equivalent to a 14 point beating on a neutral field.
I'd suggest some more amenable terms of what each bettor risks and then a 17 point spread as a reasonable compromise.

Just my $.02. Whatever you guys do, keep the fire burning. It's entertaining to watch.....:thumbup::popcorn:

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
As entertaining as it is to watch, I'm not trying to insert myself into this quarrel over this bet.
But--FWIW--I don't think AmariChill is being as disingenuous as you guys are implying.

As I see it--he's looking for some sort of reasonable reciprocation on a bet.
meaning--"If you win, I'll like everything you post for the next week, and if I win, you stay off the forum for a month"

Don't have to be an impartial observer to realize those aren't exactly similar risks.
there should be some similarly embarassing or punitive risks by both sides to make the bet worthwhile imo.

As for the score--I don't know if you should be giving 28 as that was clearly just a prediction. But, if you are confident this is going to be a blowout, there should be some points given. You were pretty adamant that this is going to be a blowout and the wager should reflect that sentiment, at least to some degree.

Normally they say HFA is worth about 3 points spread wise, give or take. So a 17 point Rams win is equivalent to a 14 point beating on a neutral field.
I'd suggest some more amenable terms of what each bettor risks and then a 17 point spread as a reasonable compromise.

Just my $.02. Whatever you guys do, keep the fire burning. It's entertaining to watch.....:thumbup::popcorn:

Thanks for throwing me a bone here, brother. Much appreciated. A spread and equal risks. Perfectly said and put :hammer:.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
How am I the one being hysterical when I agreed to the bet with a few changes in the terms and conditions? You are the one calling me a coward when I asked "handshake" at the end of the bet post. Why the hell should I be the only one kicked off the forum for the month if I lose vs you just not being able to argue with me? What kind of trade off is that? Bets are supposed to be fair. Say I agree to the 28+ point deficit (and I don't want to include garbage TD's like how the packers game went down). Will the terms and conditions remain the same or can we come to some form of agreement?

Because you predicted a 28 point loss. Then, when someone offered to bet you on it, you backed off and tried to alter the conditions to simple win/loss. It doesn’t work that way. That’s like predicting Moscow will be invaded tomorrow but saved from destruction by the Russian army. And when someone offers to bet you on your prediction, you turn around and say, “Let’s just say I win the bet if Moscow is still there in the morning.” Weak, dude.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Because you predicted a 28 point loss. Then, when someone offered to bet you on it, you backed off and tried to alter the conditions to simple win/loss. It doesn’t work that way. That’s like predicting Moscow will be invaded tomorrow but saved from destruction by the Russian army. And when someone offers to bet you on your prediction, you turn around and say, “Let’s just say I win the bet if Moscow is still there in the morning.” Weak, dude.

But he said he's open to giving points. just not 28.
the guy that wants to bet him, is he predicting a Cowboys victory? If so, by how much?

in that scenario there is virtually no risk by the other guy. He can be saying the Cowboys will win, but all they have to do is lose by 27 or less points and theoretically he still "wins" the bet.

As I suggested above and seemed amenable to AmariChill, roughly a 14-17 point spread and some reasonable risks in terms of what is being bet by both parties.

Why can't we have a compromise here?
Enough with the talking boys, let's get ready to rumble.....:oldcouple::laugh:

Tommy

Reaction score
the guy that wants to bet him, is he predicting a Cowboys victory? If so, by how much?

in that scenario there is virtually no risk by the other guy. He can be saying the Cowboys will win, but all they have to do is lose by 27 or less points and theoretically he still "wins" the bet.

As I suggested above and seemed amenable to AmariChill, roughly a 14-17 point spread and some reasonable risks in terms of what is being bet by both parties.

Any Cowboys fan that bets against the Cowboys is a loser.

Just my $0.02

DallasDomination

Reaction score
If we lose against the bears and you’re attending the Rams game; it’s your damn duty as a fan to take the paper bags. That’s the way I look at it.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

Just my $0.02

so hypothetically if we were to play tomorrow against Baltimore, and in the interest of making a little money I plunked down $50 on Baltimore because I honestly thought they would beat us, you would consider me a loser?

Without knowing anything else about me, merely honestly assessing our chances and concluding that another team was flat better than us, would qualify me for "loser" status?

If it does, then I think that says a lot more about people of your view point, than it does about me.
There has to be a time when reality trumps emotion, especially when money is involved.

If only Jerry had that mindset I just described, this franchise would probably be in a lot better shape right now....

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score

Just my $0.02

Lol. So, let’s say a wealthy businessman walks up to you and makes a bet. Dallas vs Baltimore. The stakes are either your life savings or his life savings. Who are you going to pick? You’d bet your life savings on the Cowboys simply because you’re a fan? Being a fan doesn’t mean blindly following the optimistic pack. Even Skip Bayless has given up on this team and we all know what a fool he is.

Tommy

Reaction score
Lol. So, let’s say a wealthy businessman walks up to you and makes a bet. Dallas vs Baltimore. The stakes are either your life savings or his life savings. Who are you going to pick? You’d bet your life savings on the Cowboys simply because you’re a fan? Being a fan doesn’t mean blindly following the optimistic pack. Even Skip Bayless has given up on this team and we all know what a fool he is.
Ummm... I would say "No thanks, I'm not interested in betting. Have a nice day."

Dallasfann

Reaction score

He went all in with a 2 and 7 I called him with pocket Aces. He is now trying to convince the dealer he meant fold. Now someone in the stands is trying to convince me we should have a redo on the entire hand. It's that old saying. If you're gonna point a gun at someone you better shoot. Well not only did chill not shoot, he had a water gun with no water in it. In a round about way I've already accomplished exactly what I set out to accomplish when he back tracked exactly like I expected him to.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
He went all in with a 2 and 7 I called him with pocket Aces. He is now trying to convince the dealer he meant fold. Now someone in the stands is trying to convince me we should have a redo on the entire hand. It's that old saying. If you're gonna point a gun at someone you better shoot. Well not only did chill not shoot, he had a water gun with no water in it. In a round about way I've already accomplished exactly what I set out to accomplish when he back tracked exactly like I expected him to.

Do you think we win the game outright?

Or if not how much do you think we lose by?

BoysForLife

Reaction score

Also he did not go "all in"

He made a prediction. You proposed the wager

If he'd said "I'll bet Anyone here we lose by 28" I'd agree with you

He made a prediction. Lots of people last week thought we'd roll Buffalo

I doubt any of them would have risked a month on the forum to back that up. It's a prediction. Everyone makes them

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Do you think we win the game outright?

Or if not how much do you think we lose by?

All I do about the Cowboys is hope for the best. Although if some idiot comes through my life bashing my team, saying we are gonna lose 38-10. You bet your *** I'm betting it. We have lost a game by 28 or more 3 times this decade. That's 156 games. That means I have a 99.98% chance of winning. Give me those odds all day. Before you say I'm being ridiculous remember..I'm not the idiot who threw out such a dumb comment.