Randy Gregory Article from ESPN - long and in-depth

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by remdak, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

8,878 Messages
    7,837 Likes Received

Wasn't it Jerry that the article referenced crying?

Interesting read and would have been very easy for him to vanish and one day be a sas story heard on the news. He has hope now, and hopefully that will get him a long way.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

12,834 Messages
    3,424 Likes Received
    Man, there is a reason former players love Jerry. Right, wrong, indifferent, he treats everyone as a human being and seems to want to create a structure and organization that benefits people despite their mistakes. It doesn't always work out but even then they treat the players like Cowboys for life (except Jay Ratliff...that guy was awful lol).

sureletsrace and GoJacks like this.
  3. Longboysfan

Longboysfan hipfake08 Zone Supporter

12,585 Messages
    5,326 Likes Received
    very well written and a good read.

maryquality likes this.
  4. Nightman

Nightman Capologist

27,135 Messages
    24,061 Likes Received
    What???

He hasn't even entered his prime yet...he is only 26 and getting stronger

5. Crown Royal

12,834 Messages
    3,424 Likes Received
    This. He's 5 months younger than DeMarcus Lawrence, who I expect to dominate another 3-4 years. If we can get the same production from Gregory we are in great shape.

SlammedZero, PUSHfold and Nightman like this.
  6. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

3,782 Messages
    3,871 Likes Received
    Good luck to your son!

ColoCowboy likes this.
  7. Trouty

Trouty Kellen Moore baby Zone Supporter

31,536 Messages
    80,486 Likes Received
    Does it need to say "bipolar" verbatim?

"Years later, a doctor at one of the treatment centers Gregory attended as an adult would say that Gregory experienced post-traumatic stress disorder from the bullying. He also has dealt with self-esteem issues, depression, anxiety and panic attacks."

Sarek, DFWJC, BoysfaninVegas and 6 others like this.
  8. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

3,782 Messages
    3,871 Likes Received
    Lawrence and Gregory on the edge, backed by Taco and Armstrong! A rotation in the middle of Woods, Irving, Collins and Crawford, then throw in the LBers (Smith, LVE and Lee), and we’ve got a top 2 or 3 front 7.

Now land a really good FS...

SlammedZero and Nightman like this.
  9. NextGenBoys

NextGenBoys Well-Known Member

9,248 Messages
    1,963 Likes Received
    All because of a ******** plant.

Unbelievable

10. Crown Royal

12,834 Messages
    3,424 Likes Received
    Xavier Woods is starting to develop into a pretty good safety, but adding Earl Thomas and having some real safety depth would be really great for this defense.

ESisback likes this.
  11. Nightman

Nightman Capologist

27,135 Messages
    24,061 Likes Received
    I think it does need to say Bi-polar.......that was always the excuse for his relapses.... people need to stop saying he is Bi-polar.... the article also says self-medicating anxiety with marijuana can lead to even worse anxiety.... it is not a cure all

The other thing I took away is that last Nov/Dec when he was first eligible to be re-instated he was at his lowest level ever..... he needed another 6 months of intensive rehab, he wasn't close like was reported ...''he just waited until the season was over so he wasn't a distraction"

I wish him the best and the hardest part is behind him....Stay clean and stay strong and you can have a great career..... but he needs to do it for himself and his family not for me or anyone else

zrinkill and Aviano90 like this.
  12. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

38,374 Messages
    37,531 Likes Received
    As many players from all teams do at times.
    And this has nothing to do with that.

always someone throwing crap onto a clean thread.

sureletsrace and Seven like this.
  13. Trouty

Trouty Kellen Moore baby Zone Supporter

31,536 Messages
    80,486 Likes Received
    It doesn't need to say it for me, nor should it for others. His mind was clearly messed up, in a clinical fashion. He was suicidal as well.

If you need to read the words "bipolar" in order for you to admit you were wrong, whatever, dig into your hard stance and ignore reality. He clearly was self-medicating and finding relief from his mental disorders with the plant.

And his life was ruined for it. Meanwhile, everyone else is doing it across the league, including players on our team, players photographed at dispensaries, and we all love them and excuse it.

randy932, Sarek, DFWJC and 11 others like this.
  14. Idgit

Idgit Riding the Red Rocket Staff Member

56,559 Messages
    56,487 Likes Received
    Ha, yep. I have a tendency to skim articles for the player quotes sometimes. That time I missed an important detail. :)

Despite the free fall, Gregory insisted on attending the draft in Chicago. Ken and Mary Gregory accompanied their son. He was the last one in the green room. At 9:09 p.m., as the first night of the draft wound down, Gregory sent a text to Cowboys coach Jason Garrett.

Gregory felt as if he had connected with the Cowboys. In the weeks before the draft, he had a heart-to-heart talk with owner Jerry Jones.

"He cried," Gregory says. "He said, 'I know what it's like to be publicly scrutinized.'"
    So, it turns out I wasn't actually wrong again. That must get old for the rest of you. I apologize.

15. zrinkill

zrinkill Troller of Trolls and apparent Dak slobberer Zone Supporter

38,584 Messages
    10,260 Likes Received
    Yes ........ kid has anxiety ........ not a disease.

randy932 likes this.
  16. TexasHillbilly

TexasHillbilly Well-Known Member

1,431 Messages
    1,252 Likes Received
    I'm still a freak edge rusher when the cheesecake is on the counter. Family has no chance of stopping me. :laugh:

SlammedZero and sureletsrace like this.
  17. zrinkill

38,584 Messages
    10,260 Likes Received
    Of course it doesn't ....... it never did.

18. Nightman

Nightman Capologist

27,135 Messages
    24,061 Likes Received
    It is not about me or you ....don't make it personal

The fact is he has NEVER been diagnosed as Bi-polar and people should stop saying it

Depression, PTSD, anxiety are not the same thing

And he was self-medicating but he wasn't finding relief and in fact was doing more damage

Star Guard_31 and zrinkill like this.
  19. zrinkill

38,584 Messages
    10,260 Likes Received
    Great post

20. PUSHfold

PUSHfold Well-Known Member

1,489 Messages
    1,948 Likes Received
    Great read, I've personally gone through addiction of my own to opiates so I understand the struggle of addiction. I don't view marijuana addiction in the same fashion as other addictions but nonetheless the kid needs to take hold of this opportunity he's been given before he has lifelong regrets. Gregory's problems are more about mental illness than his addiction to pot. It's his mental illness and self medication that causes the pot use not the other way around. Typically this is the case with addiction, it's an underlying mental illness which people self medicate for that causes the addiction.