Twitter: Randy Gregory named to the Team's Leadership Council

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
He can do whatever he wants, but I wouldn't consider him a leader for breaking the rules every chance he got.

You got a link that proves he was breaking the rules every chance he got?

"Gregory was suspended indefinitely in February 2019 for violating the NFL's policy on substances of abuse as well as the terms for his previous reinstatement, per Jeremy Bergman of NFL.com. He has been suspended four times since 2015 when the Cowboys took him in the second round of the NFL draft."

Sorry but that many suspensions anywhere but Dallas would warrant a termination.

That's not EVERY rule, you two. I don't recall him violating the domestic violence rules, missing the mandatory team meetings rules, etc. He's not a malcontent in any way. He's a very likable guy.

Here's a stone to throw at him since you two are free of sin.
latest

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Good for you GP my wife has dealt with an auto immune for 20 years now and we finally found a Dr that told us the truth and literally said the opiods would kill her long before the disease and suggested "we find something else" as in TX its still very frowned upon. Again unless your down in it with someone its hard to know what they are dealing with.
I took 4 Tylenol 4's a day for over 20 years and hated them I smoke 1 doobie per Day and feel much better than with the opoids ok sometimes I smoke 2 per day but I have the same rules for me as I do with alcohol No driving after consumption. And if I go back to work no using it on the job

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
If he followed the rules he would have not have been suspended until the rules didn't exist anymore lol

He never followed the rues. The rules just changed.
He followed the rules that were in place at the time or he would have been fired.

coult44

Reaction score
Broaddus is such a name dropper and a guy who has a complex. Always trying to make himself part of the team when he isn’t

Cmon man. Broaddus worked for the organization for a long time in the FO and then with the DC.com. He has a lot of connections and access that a lot don’t have. We get information because of this that we wouldn’t get.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Cmon man. Broaddus worked for the organization for a long time in the FO and then with the DC.com. He has a lot of connections and access that a lot don’t have. We get information because of this that we wouldn’t get.

I don't get some of the Broaddus hate on here as your correct he is actually in the know in many NFL circles. He can be a little pompus but generally who doesn't spout off ridiculous stuff.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I think you misread.

I don't like words like "every" or "always." My tells me "you always say that!" Uh no I don't always say that, hunny. Lol

Man I can understand if we was talking about Josh Ball who's done way worse. But Randy is not a bad guy, my man. He won't let us down again since they changed the rules. I don't understand the hate on him. Our organization has back him through thick and thin (I know I know.. I'm sounding like Jerry now! :D) and there is a reason we are, he's good guy on and off the field. He's going to led us in sacks this year so all this nonsense will be forgiven.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So being critical of the repeated chances a football player gets when violating substance abuse rules that no 'normal' citizen would get from their employer is somehow cracking on a person? The issue here is that people anoint football players to a higher standard than average joe citizens so their opinions are distorted.....but at the end of the day it's not my life nor my concern.
The NFL categorizes various drugs differently than others. Illicit drugs such as cocaine or heroin are classified in the substance abuse category. That's not what Randy Gregory was doing. Because the use of cannabis is legal in many states, the NFL no longer categorizes it as an illicit drug and thus the mere use of it is not considered abuse. The medical use of cannabis is not even punished by the NFL, which is what Gregory was doing. THC is no longer considered a Performance Enhancing Drug (PED)as stimulants and steroids are. The NFL has monetarily stepped up big time to fund medical research in the area of pain treatment. I applaud this research and hope they find alternatives to the conventional opioid treatments available. This will benefit everyone, not just NFL players that you think are anointed on a higher level.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don't like words like "every" or "always." My tells me "you always say that!" Uh no I don't always say that, hunny. Lol

Man I can understand if we was talking about Josh Ball who's done way worse. But Randy is not a bad guy, my man. He won't let us down again since they changed the rules. I don't understand the hate on him. Our organization has back him through thick and thin (I know I know.. I'm sounding like Jerry now! :D) and there is a reason we are, he's good guy on and off the field. He's going to led us in sacks this year so all this nonsense will be forgiven.
I don't think he's a bad guy either. The rules were just the rules at the time.

The fact that you said "He won't let us down again since they changed the rules" is just hilarious too me haha

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I don't think he's a bad guy either. The rules were just the rules at the time.

The fact that you said "He won't let us down again since they changed the rules" is just hilarious too me haha

I have no idea why you think that is funny. I would bet any money you've done worse than smoking weed. Or do I give you another stone to throw at him since you're free of sin?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This right here speaks to the current mindset in this country: "Give me a 15th chance as I know I screwed up but it won't happen again and if you don't give me the 15th chance I will go on social media and report you as a bad company to work for"

What a narcissistic, childish attitude to have.
He didn’t say 15 chances dumbo, he said a second chance. What a narcissistic childish attitude you have.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The NFL categorizes various drugs differently than others. Illicit drugs such as cocaine or heroin are classified in the substance abuse category. That's not what Randy Gregory was doing. Because the use of cannabis is legal in many states, the NFL no longer categorizes it as an illicit drug and thus the mere use of it is not considered abuse. The medical use of cannabis is not even punished by the NFL, which is what Gregory was doing. THC is no longer considered a Performance Enhancing Drug (PED)as stimulants and steroids are. The NFL has monetarily stepped up big time to fund medical research in the area of pain treatment. I applaud this research and hope they find alternatives to the conventional opioid treatments available. This will benefit everyone, not just NFL players that you think are anointed on a higher level.

This so much again..until you live it you have no idea how it is.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I have no idea why you think that is funny. I would bet any money you've done worse than smoking weed. Or do I give you another stone to throw at him since you're free of sin?
I've never even smoked a cig to be honest. It never appealed to me, but I have nothing against people that do. I have no issues with weed. I have an issue with breaking the rules.

I found it funny because you're saying the only reason he won't let us down again is because of a rule change, not because he is a changed person or anything.