Twitter: Randy Gregory named to the Team's Leadership Council

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You got a link that proves he was breaking the rules every chance he got?

"Gregory was suspended indefinitely in February 2019 for violating the NFL's policy on substances of abuse as well as the terms for his previous reinstatement, per Jeremy Bergman of NFL.com. He has been suspended four times since 2015 when the Cowboys took him in the second round of the NFL draft."

Sorry but that many suspensions anywhere but Dallas would warrant a termination.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I guess you guys have found yet another player on your team you can root against......give yourselfs a big "BRO CHESTBUMP"
Some of us have the, apparently rare, ability to see past the star on the helmet and can be critical of things without a biased agenda.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yes, getting your head straight is more important, but it doesn't change the fact that he was breaking rules.

If you want a job then you have to follow the rules set forth by your employer. That's life.

Again, the difference is Biles can compete right now if she wanted to because she broken ZERO rules. Gregory could not do that because he broke the rules set for by his employer adn was suspended for it.

Also, not everybody is worshiping Biles. The media might, but that's the media being the media. I've seen plenty of people on social media calling her a bad teammate for letting the others girls down and even thinking that she's using it as an excuse because she'd rather not compete then lose and lose that aura she has around her.
What about Osaka? Same thing. She broke the rules put in place by her employer.... she wasn't getting naked, she was getting praised and her employer was criticized for having dumb requirements. Again, one is praised for being strong....Randy, not so much so.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
How do they always come up with different names for stuff: passing game coordinator, whatever that co head coach or gm role was (I forget the name), now the leadership council? What was wrong with team captains? Do people actually spend time coming up with this stuff? It just seems idk unnecessary. Ok maybe they want to have more leaders and the nfl only allows a certain amount. So are they just trying to get around a rule, like having a deal with Pepsi when the nfl partnered with Coca Cola?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Some of us have the, apparently rare, ability to see past the star on the helmet and can be critical of things without a biased agenda.

Cracking on a person that has mental health issues and uses weed instead of over the counter medicine to deal with it....I'm sorry maybe you don't know anyone who has these kind of issues, maybe you do, but unless you know him personaly it's hard to see just why this gets you so upset. this isn't a biased anything its seeing a human deal with problems most don't have and hopefully coming back from it and producing at a craft he is good at....but you go ahead and tear him down....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Cracking on a person that has mental health issues and uses weed instead of over the counter medicine to deal with it....I'm sorry maybe you don't know anyone who has these kind of issues, maybe you do, but unless you know him personaly it's hard to see just why this gets you so upset. this isn't a biased anything its seeing a human deal with problems most don't have and hoepfully coming back from it and producing at a craft he is good at....but you go ahead and tear him down....
I think you all are getting confused. Nothing has changed with him, only the NFL rules changed. It's not like he's stopped doing what was getting him suspended.

We can argue all day about whether or not weed should be legal, but the point is it was not and he was breaking the rules and rightfully getting suspended for it.

I feel for him and I am glad that he has something that helps him, but I'm speaking strictly on the fact that that he was breaking rules.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Cracking on a person that has mental health issues and uses weed instead of over the counter medicine to deal with it....I'm sorry maybe you don't know anyone who has these kind of issues, maybe you do, but unless you know him personaly it's hard to see just why this gets you so upset. this isn't a biased anything its seeing a human deal with problems most don't have and hopefully coming back from it and producing at a craft he is good at....but you go ahead and tear him down....

So being critical of the repeated chances a football player gets when violating substance abuse rules that no 'normal' citizen would get from their employer is somehow cracking on a person? The issue here is that people anoint football players to a higher standard than average joe citizens so their opinions are distorted.....but at the end of the day it's not my life nor my concern.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
So being critical of the repeated chances a football player gets when violating substance abuse rules that no 'normal' citizen would get from their employer is somehow cracking on a person? The issue here is that people anoint football players to a higher standard than average joe citizens so their opinions are distorted.....but at the end of the day it's not my life nor my concern.

If it was your family or friend dealing with a mental health issue but instead of being a Zombie they chose to use weed......would you be all for running them out of jobs? Again its easy to judge people when your not down in it with them. Its not anointing anything its basic human feeling, now if you feel like he is lying about his condition so he can smoke weed all day..then just say that. Do I think he broke the rules...yes and he was punished for it. Do I think he should wear a scarlet A the rest of his life for it...no especially if he is dealing with issues like that.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Worked for a company that does that Government contractor They knew I smoke weed and do not care as long as I did not do it on the Job and i use it legally now I have a license for Medical use and it has gotten me off of opoids which are real and dangerous drugs that players can use legally. Now go watch Reefer madness again

USArmyVet

Reaction score
If it was your family or friend dealing with a mental health issue but instead of being a Zombie they chose to use weed......would you be all for running them out of jobs? Again its easy to judge people when your not down in it with them. Its not anointing anything its basic human feeling, now if you feel like he is lying about his condition so he can smoke weed all day..then just say that. Do I think he broke the rules...yes and he was punished for it. Do I think he should wear a scarlet A the rest of his life for it...no especially if he is dealing with issues like that.

I had family members that used alcohol and weed to mask their issues and all they did was cause harm to their kids, their family members, and to other people (by way of vehicle accidents) so please do not lecture me on mental health issues or a person's decision to use substances to try and avoid their issues. I saw first hand the mental and physical abuse these issues caused and believe me I still have the physical scars of their actions so while admittedly biased I do not have much sympathy for those who continue to break the rules and point towards mental health as a reason to keep being a f-up.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Worked for a company that does that Government contractor They knew I smoke weed and do not care as long as I did not do it on the Job and i use it legally now I have a license for Medical use and it has gotten me off of opoids which are real and dangerous drugs that players can use legally. Now go watch Reefer madness again
You just can't wrap your head around the concept of the fact that he was breaking the rules, can you?

Regardless of your feelings on weed and your personal past experiences with employers he was still breaking the rules set forth by HIS employer, the NFL and the Dallas Cowboys.

Nobody is saying that weed is bad.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Good for you GP my wife has dealt with an auto immune for 20 years now and we finally found a Dr that told us the truth and literally said the opiods would kill her long before the disease and suggested "we find something else" as in TX its still very frowned upon. Again unless your down in it with someone its hard to know what they are dealing with.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I’m a recovering addict and I manage a team of 30 people. Guess I’m not a leader lol

The point is you worked hard at recovery which is a nightmare process so you should be commended for that hard work. I do not personally know Gregory's demons nor battles but he was provided a luxury and resources not many of us average people have access to and yet he still continued down a dark road......do I judge him for that? No, but then again I take anything Jerry Jones with a grain of salt anyway. At the end of the day, it's Gregory's life to lead and this is just a sounding board.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I’m a recovering addict and I manage a team of 30 people. Guess I’m not a leader lol
I applaud you and respect you for that, but I don't believe Gregory is a recovering addict, because he still does it. It's just not against the rules anymore.

Either way it has nothing to do with your situation. I don't think you can call yourself a leader either. I feel like that should be up to the people you manage.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He followed the rules and served his suspensions If he had not followed the protocol that was in place he would be working at Walmart now
If he followed the rules he would have not have been suspended until the rules didn't exist anymore lol

He never followed the rues. The rules just changed.