Twitter: Randy Gregory named to the Team's Leadership Council

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I've never even smoked a cig to be honest. It never appealed to me, but I have nothing against people that do. I have no issues with weed. I have an issue with breaking the rules.

I found it funny because you're saying the only reason he won't let us down again is because of a rule change, not because he is a changed person or anything.

The point is they changed the rule because they had these cases and there is a huge movement because of these cases. If your waiting for him to "change" he can not as they don't have a cure for what he has....you either use the prescribed meds (depending on what level you have) or you find other ways to deal with it. Again I don't know if you have known anyone with that but it can range from "having a bad day and pissing some folks off" to "I started the day off happy and am now in county Jail for a fit I dont even remeber".

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The point is they changed the rule because they had these cases and there is a huge movement because of these cases. If your waiting for him to "change" he can not as they don't have a cure for what he has....you either use the prescribed meds (depending on what level you have) or you find other ways to deal with it. Again I don't know if you have known anyone with that but it can range from "having a bad day and pissing some folks off" to "I started the day off happy and am now in county Jail for a fit I dont even remeber".
I understand completely what you're saying.

I didn't mean changed as in his mental health problems. I meant changed as in he's still doing what would have gotten him suspended before the rule changed.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I applaud you and respect you for that, but I don't believe Gregory is a recovering addict, because he still does it. It's just not against the rules anymore.

Either way it has nothing to do with your situation. I don't think you can call yourself a leader either. I feel like that should be up to the people you manage.
Well. You also said Dak wasn’t a leader so yeah. Lol. Either way. Thanks for the support brother

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I mean, if he was doing anything in all those years somebody would've said something by now. It would have been "inspirational", right?

You're suspending reality here because of the star on the helemt. This isn't 30 years ago. If he was doing things somebody would have put that out there as a feel good story.
Wrong again. Everything isn't released or talked about in public. You're the one not living in reality by only seeing one way. It's your way and everybody else is wrong.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I've never even smoked a cig to be honest. It never appealed to me, but I have nothing against people that do. I have no issues with weed. I have an issue with breaking the rules.

I found it funny because you're saying the only reason he won't let us down again is because of a rule change, not because he is a changed person or anything.
As if you have never driven over the speed limit. It must be nice to pick and choose who gets to break rules and which ones are okay to break. Hold yourself accountable and stop judging others by a different standard.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
As if you have never driven over the speed limit. It must be nice to pick and choose who gets to break rules and which ones are okay to break. Hold yourself accountable and stop judging others by a different standard.
Oh stop it. You're comparison is terrible.

Nobody said he is a bad person. He just couldn't follow his employers guidelines.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The NFL categorizes various drugs differently than others. Illicit drugs such as cocaine or heroin are classified in the substance abuse category. That's not what Randy Gregory was doing. Because the use of cannabis is legal in many states, the NFL no longer categorizes it as an illicit drug and thus the mere use of it is not considered abuse. The medical use of cannabis is not even punished by the NFL, which is what Gregory was doing. THC is no longer considered a Performance Enhancing Drug (PED)as stimulants and steroids are. The NFL has monetarily stepped up big time to fund medical research in the area of pain treatment. I applaud this research and hope they find alternatives to the conventional opioid treatments available. This will benefit everyone, not just NFL players that you think are anointed on a higher level.

....fund medical research all while shooting up their players with pain meds to make sure they get on the field at all costs.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Oh stop it. You're comparison is terrible.

Nobody said he is a bad person. He just couldn't follow his employers guidelines.
That's right, pick and choose which rules can be broken, and be sure to leave an exception for yourself, you hypocrite. You're right, it's not the same. Breaking traffic laws is worse than breaking rules in a game.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
He didn’t say 15 chances dumbo, he said a second chance. What a narcissistic childish attitude you have.

I wasn't even talking to you Meathead and my reference to 15 chances was clearly an attempt at exaggeration regarding the member's point about a company needing to give a person numerous chances......so go back to the rock you reside under and stop adding two cents to a conversation you were not involved in.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That's right, pick and choose which rules can be broken, and be sure to leave an exception for yourself, you hypocrite. You're right, it's not the same. Breaking traffic laws is worse than breaking rules in a game.
lol you got a riled up. I like the spirit.