News: Randy Gregory Suspended Four Games

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
It is legal in Colorado but employers still have the right to drug test workers and if they fail you can be terminated. Really means nothing if you make it legal it does not remove the fact the people who hire you can and will fire you for getting high or drunk on the job.

Making weed legal does not mean people will suddenly start getting high on the job. Anyone who does that will do it whether it's legal or not.

It's silly to fire someone for going home and drinking a glass or two of wine the same way it is silly to fire someone for going home and smoking a bowl. these things are not different.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Due to outdated laws or missing work, neglecting your family, etc.? That is why there isn't a consensus on the chicken and the egg argument with marijuana being considered a drug (it's a plant and not processed like cocoa leaves and poppy seeds to cause the euphoria sought). The only reason it is disrupting his life is bc of outdated laws/policy basically.

Exactly, he'd be getting along just fine if they'd just let players freaking smoke weed. This punishment will mess him up much more than weed itself will - which begs the question: if this is the case, is the punishment fair at all?

Craig

Reaction score
I am fully in favor of making pot legal and thi k the nfl should have nothing to do with it any way. That said, these arent new rules being enforced. They arent surprising anyone with drug tests.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
These arguments always crack me up.

I went to college with quite a few stoners back in the day. Most didn't come anywhere close to graduating, and those that managed to haven't done diddly squat since. A doctor told me that once someone becomes a regular user of marijuana, they stop maturing from an emotional and decision-making standpoint. They're basically 20 years old forever in that regard.

There's some thoughts out there that the increase in admission standards and tuition costs at universities is designed to "weed out" the weed from schools, and apparently, it's helped. Better students spending more money don't drop classes and lose focus as easily.

I'm all for legalizing it though. It's a great way to cull the herd and eliminate competition for my kids.

this is all hot BS.
I smoked weed every day for years, and still do on weekends, and I'm a CPA.
My sister has her master's from an Ivy League school - smoked all the way through it.
There is nothing to suggest weed causes these problems, or that "the brain stops developing." I'd LOVE to see that source.

I know doctors who smoke weed - so LOL to your crappy anecdote.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
true who says he didn't? only thing they can go by is drug testing. I would think having an NFL job paying big money means a lot more to a person that getting stoned. Hell I get around 60 thousand a year and gave up smoking weed when we were told that we would be subject to testing.

As for Brent no because it did not happen in job related accident. Does not change the fact that any business has a right to protect themselves from employees actions while on the job.

Seems you are more interested in justifying why we should be able to get high while my concerns is he let down 52 other players on this team by his own selfish act. Now a player we were going to depend on will miss 4 games not because of injury but because of his own addictions.

who says every player isn't drunk at practice? I mean, how do we know?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Making weed legal does not mean people will suddenly start getting high on the job. Anyone who does that will do it whether it's legal or not.

It's silly to fire someone for going home and drinking a glass or two of wine the same way it is silly to fire someone for going home and smoking a bowl. these things are not different.

I agree making it legal does not change the fact that business can still test and fire employees when they test positive. The good thing for Gregory and many in sports is they will be given many chances where avg working class people will not be given many chances.

I deal with reality and the reality is if you smoke weed and test positive you will be suspended in the NFL pure and simple fact! another reality as a worker I too can be tested and if I fail can be fired the employer has rights as well. What is silly is knowing the facts and the reality yet still doing it. Really come on if weed is no big deal then why would you sacrifice your livelihood over something that was no big deal?

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
what is more important weed or your own career? Life is not fair get use to it

....what?
I shouldn't have to choose between the two. I can smoke weed and handle my studies and my career just perfectly. In fact, I am, and I do. I'm doing really well. Smoking weed doesn't mess me up - but being caught with it might! That makes no sense, and resigning to say "life isn't fair!" is a rather elementary analysis.
You're ignorant and naive if you don't believe all this push back against weed is about money.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
who says every player isn't drunk at practice? I mean, how do we know?

Oh please that is about as stupid of a comment as I have read here, let me guess you are stoned right now aren't you? Players know the rules they are plain and simple even a fricken moron could understand them. If any player choose to break those rules that is on them but I would say anyone willing to throw away a career over something like weed truly does have a problem and should seek help. Any substance that has that much control over a person tells me that person needs to seek help.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I agree making it legal does not change the fact that business can still test and fire employees when they test positive. The good thing for Gregory and many in sports is they will be given many chances where avg working class people will not be given many chances.

I deal with reality and the reality is if you smoke weed and test positive you will be suspended in the NFL pure and simple fact! another reality as a worker I too can be tested and if I fail can be fired the employer has rights as well. What is silly is knowing the facts and the reality yet still doing it. Really come on if weed is no big deal then why would you sacrifice your livelihood over something that was no big deal?

it is a big deal solely for that reason - and no other reason. it is no bigger deal than alcohol or the countless rx drugs that are handed out like candy (in fact, it's not nearly as bad). it's a big deal SOLELY because it can get you in trouble, not because it will harm you in and of itself.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
....what?
I shouldn't have to choose between the two. I can smoke weed and handle my studies and my career just perfectly. In fact, I am, and I do. I'm doing really well. Smoking weed doesn't mess me up - but being caught with it might! That makes no sense, and resigning to say "life isn't fair!" is a rather elementary analysis.
You're ignorant and naive if you don't believe all this push back against weed is about money.

It is not your choice employers have rights as well it is not all about what you want. Only ignorant person here is you. Grow up

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Oh please that is about as stupid of a comment as I have read here, let me guess you are stoned right now aren't you? Players know the rules they are plain and simple even a fricken moron could understand them. If any player choose to break those rules that is on them but I would say anyone willing to throw away a career over something like weed truly does have a problem and should seek help. Any substance that has that much control over a person tells me that person needs to seek help.

my comment was in response to "but how do we know he's not high at practice?"

that's just as reasonable as what I said - how do we know players aren't drunk at practice????? better ban alcohol, and test twice a day for it (since it leaves your system quickly, while weed doesn't).

oh and no - I'm not high right now. I'm at work. As a CPA. Clearly I'm a stoopid, mindless pothead. I need help!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
it is a big deal solely for that reason - and no other reason. it is no bigger deal than alcohol or the countless rx drugs that are handed out like candy (in fact, it's not nearly as bad). it's a big deal SOLELY because it can get you in trouble, not because it will harm you in and of itself.

any yet if you are drunk on the job you can be fired. If an employee is drunk and kills or injures someone on the job that company can be held liable for their actions. Business has every right to protect themselves. NFL or any job as far as that goes it some given right, if you choose to work for someone then you do so on their rules and terms not your own.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
any yet if you are drunk on the job you can be fired. If an employee is drunk and kills or injures someone on the job that company can be held liable for their actions. Business has every right to protect themselves. NFL or any job as far as that goes it some given right, if you choose to work for someone then you do so on their rules and terms not your own.

dude, I think you need a class on reading comprehension.
what's your profession? how old are you?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
What do you do for a living?
Why should weed be banned if alcohol and rx candy is not?

I work for Harris County in Houston Texas. Some states it is legal but does not change the fact that even business in Colorado have the rights to drug and alcohol test employees and fire employees who test positive for it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dude, I think you need a class on reading comprehension.
what's your profession? how old are you?

I'm old enough to know reality of life and not some fricken fairy tale you live in. Go smoke your weed jr all your lame excuses are beyond stupid.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I work for Harris County in Houston Texas. Some states it is legal but does not change the fact that even business in Colorado have the rights to drug and alcohol test employees and fire employees to test positive for it.

Doing what? How did you get your job? Did you go to school? I cannot imagine you did, based on your grasp (or lack thereof) of typing in English.

None of your points are cohesive or particularly coherent.

Daillest88

Reaction score
He broke the rules not once not twice but 3 times... Weed is safer than alcohol. It's just against the rules. Point-blank

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I'm old enough to know reality of life and not some fricken fairy tale you live in. Go smoke your weed jr all your lame excuses are beyond stupid.

What are my lame excuses? What are you talking about?
You're old and out of touch - I get it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Doing what? How did you get your job? Did you go to school? I cannot imagine you did, based on your grasp (or lack thereof) of typing in English.

None of your points are cohesive or particularly coherent.

yeah this coming from a dope smoking moron. lol Have fun in the real world Jr. Please continue on with the BS I'm a CPA crap.