Rapaport: Prescott still on track for large contract extension

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
12-5 playoff team is an easy sell for this master promoter. That’s what he does best.
Not when the fan base isn't buying it anymore.
The oh it was only the 9ers he/we struggle with has been put to bed. Or that it's just away games that effects him. Fan's have started to collectively question Dak's ability to overcome pressure situations and that 12-5 will not translate into post season success.
I've no doubt he'll be extended (for CAP purposes), but it's also tantamount to giving up on play-off success.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The oh it was only the 9ers he/we struggle with has been put to bed. Or that it's just away games that effects him. Fan's have started to collectively question Dak's ability to overcome pressure situations and that 12-5 will not translate into post season success.
I've no doubt he'll be extended (for CAP purposes), but it's also tantamount to giving up on play-off success.
You forget how he sold 8-8 seasons . And how much does he really have to sell it. Fans are going to be there regardless. I gave up decades ago but still here.

Fans dont have to buy in to turn on the TV or show up. You let me know when we don’t have a sellout and lose our #1 Revenue status . I’ll listen then.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
With that comeback getting stats during garbage time won me over, forget the playoff wins.

DStar22

Reaction score
it almost makes me sick thinking about him getting millions of dollars to throw 2 INT's in a playoff game against a weak secondary, all of a stupid contract, because this is Jerry's guy!! Jerry's new Roger Staubach, y'all... he gave him the kitchen sink.

zeke21

Reaction score
Dak is a big Texans fan today. If Lamar loses, he takes the title of worst QB playoff record (minimum 5 starts) off Daks shoulders.
Hmmm and yet.. what we saw was a QB that instead stepped up into the pressure. Jackson got better and better as the game wore on.. was unstoppable in the third and fourth quarters and put the game beyond doubt.

In fact, Jackson just did what Dak needed to. Made a statement. And Jackson had to do it against a better opposition with more on the line.

That is the difference between REAL QBs and frauds.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I'm going to vomit next spring when Dak starts posting photos after he invites a few players over for a bbq and to play catch in that pointless field in his yard and he acts like he's 'putting in the work in the offseason'

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hmmm and yet.. what we saw was a QB that instead stepped up into the pressure. Jackson got better and better as the game wore on.. was unstoppable in the third and fourth quarters and put the game beyond doubt.

In fact, Jackson just did what Dak needed to. Made a statement. And Jackson had to do it against a better opposition with more on the line.

That is the difference between REAL QBs and frauds.
Lamar had a poor first half but the defense kept the team in the game. They made half time adjustments and blew out the Texans in the second half. So, there is a lot of differences between the cowboys and ravens. Our defense rolled over and never adapted to what GB was doing. Our coaching staff didn’t adjust. The offense might have eventually got us back in the game but nobody is digging out of a 27-0 hole in the playoffs.

The ravens defense didn’t surrender a TD. Defense wins championships. The QB just gets the glory or blame.

Carson

Reaction score
The thing is the Cowboys stadium will sell regardless of who they play.

All Jerry needs to see is 100% seats sold. That’s why it doesn’t matter if opposing teams show up

starfan1

Reaction score
QB is by far the biggest roster issue. When the one you have is a proven big game and playoff choker you can't win a SB with AND you are going to make him the highest paid QB in the league, yeah that is the biggest roster issue.
I know what side of the debate you fall on and have been on and I don’t agree. That don’t mean I don’t believe when the playoffs begin I don’t believe that’s an issue cause I do

Defense has been this teams issue for years . Run defense to be particular and Daks going nowhere Jerry screwed himself

The problem has never been just Dak on any year. Dak just hasn’t showed himself worthy to overcome them

Hadenough

Reaction score
Lamar had a poor first half but the defense kept the team in the game. They made half time adjustments and blew out the Texans in the second half. So, there is a lot of differences between the cowboys and ravens. Our defense rolled over and never adapted to what GB was doing. Our coaching staff didn’t adjust. The offense might have eventually got us back in the game but nobody is digging out of a 27-0 hole in the playoffs.

The ravens defense didn’t surrender a TD. Defense wins championships. The QB just gets the glory or blame.
The Ravens defense had confidence in Lamar! This problem with Dak is 3 years in a row and we saw all this start back up with the Cardinals game last season. Dak has never stepped up to help this defense. They are probably fed up with him and his inconsistent play and just quit on him. There were times when the defense did their job like against KC and Philly and Dak led the team to 3 FGs and struggled badly. He just stinks in big games. Always has and always will.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Ravens defense had confidence in Lamar! This problem with Dak is 3 years in a row and we saw all this start back up with the Cardinals game last season. Dak has never stepped up to help this defense. They are probably fed up with him and his inconsistent play and just quit on him. There were times when the defense did their job like against KC and Philly and Dak led the team to 3 FGs and struggled badly. He just stinks in big games. Always has and always will.
The defense has its job to do and it has nothing to do with confidence in the QB. You think the ‘85 Bears were great bc of their confidence in Jim McMahon?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, feel bad for Micah and the rest of the defense who have to carry such an inept QB.
As you state they get 0 help from him esp in big games.
The world saw the Deer in the headlight face of his and man you gotta wonder is Jerry blind or senile?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Romo's best season was 2014 and that was the year we got 1845 yards rushing out of DeMarco Murray; more than prime Zeke ever got.

I have no confidence the Rod Marinelli defense would have stopped Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs in 2016 no matter who was at QB for us.
So why didn’t Murray put up similar or even 60% of the numbers when he signed elsewhere?

Like I have said in multiple posts here before, it’s a synergistic relationship between the QB, the offensive line, and the running game. If defenses respect all three, they can’t overload for one, e.g., crowd the line to dare the QB to beat them, because if he’s good, then he will. Similarly, if they gear up to stop the pass, then you run it down their throats.

Zeke was drafted for Romo, because the running game got worse, the offensive line faced injuries, and Romo got injured (and this team always sucked without him) so they drafted high.