FEATURED Rapoport: Cowboys have agreed to terms with McCarthy to be next head coach

superonyx

Reaction score
As long as he holds players accountable .....

Also at least we hope to see an "ACTUAL" game plan for Sunday games AND hopefully "ACTUAL" in-game/half-time adjustments. that alone should be a plus ........
How can you hold players accountable when they all have Jerry on speeddial?
Accountability is the biggest problem we have had since Jimmy and Parcells left. The owner walking through the locker room, inviting the players to his house for dinner, hiring all the assistants, neuters the coach and means everyone is only accountable to Jerry.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Yeah, Rodgers also said McCarthy had the lowest football IQ of any coach he’s been around.

Rodgers is a smart player. Even if you think he’s a total jerk, that’s a pretty damning quote.

As for Reid, he hasn’t won anything...

If he never wins a ring despite having a stud like Mahomes, will these playoff appearances still be something to be proud of?

Even better...McCarthy has one... It doesn't matter what I tell you. No matter who we hired you'd be on the exact same side of the argument you are now.

Nav22

Reaction score
So Rodgers a known idiot is commenting on a guy who he hated? I dislike some people and have said some things about them that arent true. But because its Rodgers we have to believe it?
LOL “known idiot”, huh? Rodgers scored a 35 on the Wonderlic.

You ever hear McCarthy give a lengthy interview? He wouldn’t crack a score of 20.

McCarthy was trashed by many other sources as well, not just Rodgers. You should read the Bleacher Report article about their relationship.

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
Given who we have as owner a solid hire is about the best we could have hoped for. Hopefully he does with his second chance what Reid is doing with his in KC.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I just can't imagine Mike McCarthy taking a puppet position in Dallas the first week of January when he has so many teams interested in him who have yet to hire anyone.

Doesn't make sense to me. What does make sense is he heard what he needed to hear from Jerry to believe he will have enough authority to make it work.

That is why I consider this a good hire. It changed Jerry to some degree. That was the key in this coaching change and I have every reason to believe it happened.
Okay, now you are frightening me. He changed Jerry Jones?

Nav22

Reaction score
Even better...McCarthy has one... It doesn't matter what I tell you. No matter who we hired you'd be on the exact same side of the argument you are now.
What are you basing that on?

Like if someone dislikes McCarthy, that automatically means they dislike EVERY coach?

DURRRR if ya say so!
:lmao2:

SacredStar

Reaction score
Yeah, Rodgers also said McCarthy had the lowest football IQ of any coach he’s been around.

Rodgers is a smart player. Even if you think he’s a total jerk, that’s a pretty damning quote.

As for Reid, he hasn’t won anything...

If he never wins a ring despite having a stud like Mahomes, will these playoff appearances still be something to be proud of?
A a ron is just mad because MM played for SF and he got snubbed in the draft by SF, his favorite team growing up.

superonyx

Reaction score
hes a winner, thats for sure. Question is does he bring a tougher culture to dallas....thats what i want to know
According to the posted here one of the biggest problem is the packers were "soft" under McCarthy.
The article goes into depth. Its not good.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
LOL “known idiot”, huh? Rodgers scored a 35 on the Wonderlic.

You ever hear McCarthy give a lengthy interview? He wouldn’t crack a score of 20.

McCarthy was trashed by many other sources as well, not just Rodgers. You should read the Bleacher Report article about their relationship.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has the highest wonderlic of any QB in NFL history....How many SB's does he have?

Gorgon

Reaction score
Mixed record but he has a couple of killer seasons plus a ring. The big question is in his later years was it him or Rodgers (or both) that was causing problems? I know there is an article out there about him holding Rodgers back, about the two fighting, but knowing Rodgers from the publicity he has, he would likely have that with any coach.

I think the jury is out, but thank God it wasn't Marvin Lewis or a no-experience college coach--and yes, that includes Meyer, who would have been a risk. Could be great, could be yet another great college coach who struggles in the NFL where, as Jimmy Johnson was once told, "here, all the players are paid."