FEATURED Rapoport: Cowboys have agreed to terms with McCarthy to be next head coach

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Rodgers won 13 games this year with a rookie coach.

Right after McCarthy went 11-16-1 in his last 2 seasons.

Rodgers was not himself the previous two seasons. He broke a collarbone and played in seven games in 2017 (and really should have not come back that year). Then, he suffered a leg fracture in 2018 and tried to play through it when he really shouldn't have.

9of11

Reaction score
Its a good safe pick. I guess Jerry didnt go with a college coach because he didnt want the coach to learn on the job again like Jason. I have no I'll will towards Jason. Some people are made to be head coaches and some are not. My only concern is will MM choose his coaches....specifically all DC coaches. after ten years of Jason the clapper and 26 years of nothing, what is there to lose.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Rodgers won 13 games this year with a rookie coach.

Right after McCarthy went 11-16-1 in his last 2 seasons.

I get that, however, the Packers bottomed out in 2017-2018. Rogers missed half a season to a broken clavicle and last year it just finally fell apart.

Ted Thompson stopped drafting well and McCarthy was never able to tap into free agency because of Thompson.

Ther Packers spent a ton in FA this year on the Smith bros, Adrian Amos, and a very good guard and it was a huge upgrade. Lafleur has benefited from that.

With that said, I think you can ding McCarthy for not utilizing Aaron Jones more in the 2 years he had him.

phildadon86

Reaction score
LOL “known idiot”, huh? Rodgers scored a 35 on the Wonderlic.

You ever hear McCarthy give a lengthy interview? He wouldn’t crack a score of 20.

McCarthy was trashed by many other sources as well, not just Rodgers. You should read the Bleacher Report article about their relationship.
LOL BLEACHER REPORT? really? I wonder what you would score on the wonderlic if Bleacher Report is your source. And I didnt mean idiot as in IQ. I meant idiot as in his own family hates him. Hes a known clown and there is a reason he slid in the draft. His attitude is horrible. Rodgers is the last person I would listen to. Aaron sure likes to throw stones, meanwhile without MM Rodgers wouldnt have developed into who he is today.

Nav22

Reaction score
Yes, but they finally surrounded Rodgers with a defense, and aaron jones is alot better as he really came into his own late last year.

Legit RB threat, and Legit defense make a huge difference.
LOL no, Aaron Jones is the same exact stud he’s been since his rookie year in 2017.

He averaged 5.5 Yds/Rush as a rookie in 2017 AND 5.5 AGAIN in 2018.

Too bad his idiot head coach didn’t realize he should be carrying the load.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not a complete change. Just not the same as he's been with Garrett and Wade.

Explain to me why an established Super Bowl winning head coach with multiple teams interested in him would take a powerless puppet position in Dallas a week after the season ends.

Perhaps because Jerry adapts some to the coaches that he hires? McCarthy has enough clout to tell Jerry what he wants and get it, much like Parcells did. Yes, like Parcells, he's going to have to deal with some things that Jerry stubbornly wants, such as adding a TO, but an owner actually wanting to add talent to the team is not something too many head coaches are going to complain about. They are more concerned with the owner being too stingy to give them what it takes to win.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty much every report as to why he was fired was because he was bad X's and O's.

Rodgers saying he had one of the lowest football IQ's he's been around.

Chris Simms saying he likes McCarthy as a fit in Dallas but also says his schemes were bad in GB.

Also, everyone is ignoring that GB is the #2 seed and back to having success without him.

The improvement in GB is due mostly to a much improved and rebuilt defense and Aaron Jones. Its well known that Aaron Rodgers doesn't get along with anyone and HE is the primary reason McCarthy was let go. Its not like GB discovered after 13 seasons that the guy isn't a good coach.

Fact is McCarthy is a highly respected veteran coach.

rxdoc

Reaction score
How can you hold players accountable when they all have Jerry on speeddial?
Accountability is the biggest problem we have had since Jimmy and Parcells left. The owner walking through the locker room, inviting the players to his house for dinner, hiring all the assistants, neuters the coach and means everyone is only accountable to Jerry.

one can hope and pray.... (fingers crossed)

Dallasfann

Reaction score
What are you basing that on?

Like if someone dislikes McCarthy, that automatically means they dislike EVERY coach?

DURRRR if ya say so!
:lmao2:

I'm saying he's been the head coach for 3 hours and you are already bashing him like it's Garrett. Guys who only see negative in everything are going to find a negative about any coach we bring in. You don't see his SB win you see the SB's he didn't win. It's how guys like you are. Any argument I bring up in favor of McCarthy you will have a "yea but" comment. You would of had a yea but comment on any coach we hired. That's a fact.

glimmerman

Reaction score
LOL “known idiot”, huh? Rodgers scored a 35 on the Wonderlic.

You ever hear McCarthy give a lengthy interview? He wouldn’t crack a score of 20.

McCarthy was trashed by many other sources as well, not just Rodgers. You should read the Bleacher Report article about their relationship.
Will you be ok with it if he gets us a SB in the next few years.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Or 12-4, 13-3. McCarthy has won a ring and over 60% career winning %. Did you think Jerry was going to put this team in the hands of a coach that hasn’t coached in the nfl?

To Jerry, we could have two win talent and he thinks we’re super bowl bound

Will McCarthy minus Aaron Rodgers be as successful? I have my doubts.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
I am so happy to see a coaching change. I would be ecstatic if we signed Martha Stewart to replace what we had. I couldn't bear to watch another game with that clapping idiot on the sidelines...really. It would have been so depressing to start another season with The clapper knowing we had little chance of going anywhere. Yale must be slippin if this clown could gain entrance. I swear he could gain 30 IQ points and still be classified as stupid!!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have become a running and ongoing joke in this league. No one respects this team . Most teams laugh at how easy we are. This is the ******** Dallas Cowboys. This is unacceptable for what we all believe is the flagship team in the NFL.
We deserve so much more than the ridicule and disrespect handed out to us by media and opponents alike. Garrett is an embarrassement and Jones should be ashamed at what he allowed the franchise to become.

I don't know where McCarthy will lead us, all we have is hope.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One negative on McCarthy. It's being claimed he spent a great deal of time studying Dak Prescott this season and he still took this job. So he's either a terrible talent evaluator or he's extremely arrogant.