FEATURED Rapoport: Cowboys have agreed to terms with McCarthy to be next head coach

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It could have been worse, hopefully he reinvented himself with this analytics thing. He will be on a shorter hook, two to three years max to do something. I hope he brings in a solid DC that changes that whole side.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol at the 'solid hire' folks.

This guy was fired because he couldn't make the playoffs with Aaron Rodgers as his QB. And he's going to turn it around in Dallas with a QB who can't even carry Rodgers' duffel bag.

Worked for KC

Nav22

Reaction score
A a ron is just mad because MM played for SF and he got snubbed in the draft by SF, his favorite team growing up.
Rodgers won 13 games this year with a rookie coach.

Right after McCarthy went 11-16-1 in his last 2 seasons.

Brax

Reaction score
I havent heard of anyone criticize McCarthy for winning a superbowl.

I think the criticism is of Jerry Jones and his need to hire puppets. Mike McCarthy is just another puppet in the chain. Gailey, Campo, Wade, Garrett, McCarthy.

People want to only focus on the record of a coach and not the real problem in Dallas. We are not a Mike McCarthy away from a SB. We are a Jerry Jones letting his HC have the authority they need to succeed away from winning a SB.
Will find out one way or the other.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Except Andy Reid is a brilliant playcaller and makes any QB he trots out there look good.

McCarthy is a trash X's and O's guy and relies on talent to bail him out like Garrett.

He is not a trash x and o guy. Where do you get that?

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Schefter says the Cowboys never considered anyone without pro head coach experience.
So, either all this media talk about Meyer and Riley was simply a smoke screen. Or, there was no chance there either had any intention of joining the Cowboys?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Good hire. Wasn’t my top choice, but a coach with tons of experience and has been to the very top.

He kind of was my top choice. I mean, any time you are hiring a coach, you can't be sure exactly what you're getting, so I'd rather get a guy who has proven he can take a team to a Super Bowl and win it. Hopefully, the time he has spent trying to improve himself means he can even step it up a notch from his Green Bay days.

Every choice has question marks, but he had the least IMO.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
How can you hold players accountable when they all have Jerry on speeddial?
Accountability is the biggest problem we have had since Jimmy and Parcells left. The owner walking through the locker room, inviting the players to his house for dinner, hiring all the assistants, neuters the coach and means everyone is only accountable to Jerry.
Then don’t watch and spare us your misery.

Nav22

Reaction score
Ryan Fitzpatrick has the highest wonderlic of any QB in NFL history....How many SB's does he have?
Don’t hurt yourself trying to keep up with a conversation that’s beyond your comprehension.

He called Rodgers a “known idiot”. I pointed out that Rodgers is certainly not a stupid person, based on his Wonderlic score.

That’s all that happened.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, either all this media talk about Meyer and Riley was simply a smoke screen. Or, there was no chance there either had any intention of joining the Cowboys?

It seems like Stephen was open to it but Jerry never had any interest in a college coach.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Rodgers won 13 games this year with a rookie coach.

Right after McCarthy went 11-16-1 in his last 2 seasons.

Yes, but they finally surrounded Rodgers with a defense, and aaron jones is alot better as he really came into his own late last year.

Legit RB threat, and Legit defense make a huge difference.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He is not a trash x and o guy. Where do you get that?

Pretty much every report as to why he was fired was because he was bad X's and O's.

Rodgers saying he had one of the lowest football IQ's he's been around.

Chris Simms saying he likes McCarthy as a fit in Dallas but also says his schemes were bad in GB.

Also, everyone is ignoring that GB is the #2 seed and back to having success without him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
LOL “known idiot”, huh? Rodgers scored a 35 on the Wonderlic.

You ever hear McCarthy give a lengthy interview? He wouldn’t crack a score of 20.

McCarthy was trashed by many other sources as well, not just Rodgers. You should read the Bleacher Report article about their relationship.
Obviously neither would you.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Childish insults, lol

Look, LeFluer added what, 5 or 6 wins to essentially the same team mccarthy had last year. That's how spare mccarthy is.

He won 10, 11, 12 games with Green Bay teams with so much talent it was literally impossible not to win with. As soon as things got tougher, he folded up shop.

We are a .500 team. What do you think is going to happen here? There's a reason why this clown doesn't have a job.

Instead of making a hire that would inject some excitement into one of the most disappointing teams in Cowboys history, this is what Jerry does. Hires another mediocre-to-bad coach to squeeze 6 and 7 wins out of a 10 win talent roster. Hooray.

Tell us about that 15-1 season he had in 2011.
Mention his three losing seasons in 13 years.
Talk about how he hit the ground running his first year with an 8-1 start.
Don't forget to say he has a winning record against 24 of the 32 teams (7-3 vs Cowboys. 5-4 vs Giants, 5-2 vs Philly and 3-3 vs Commanders).