Rapoport: Cowboys haven't offered Dak a contract extension

khiladi

Reaction score
there is still a good chance (50%) dallas extends dak this summer or after the season.
just days ago jerry was saying dak is SB caliber qb, so he still wants him I think.
Jerry also gave more credit to the changes Mike McCarthy made for Dak and he expected Dak to continue to improve. So he may just wait and see, especially after the catastrophe to end the season, which included 5 picks in 5 games and 2 of them in the playoffs, the first one they ruled down, but it was basically another pick 6.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Man be crazy if all of sudden Dak wants the no trade clause out of his contract…

khiladi

Reaction score
Man be crazy if all of sudden Dak wants the no trade clause out of his contract…
No, will be a great day… but Dak will never want it, as he knows there is no better place for him to be baby-sat than in Dallas with Father Jerry…. If Dak goes anywhere else, he’ll get destroyed by their local media and their team fans will be less tolerant of him.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Playing hardball with Dak works only if you have a guy that can be a legit starter behind him.

Just musing:

Do they know something about Lance that we don’t? Have they seen something in practice that makes them comfortable with the notion of letting Dak walk away?

The best development of the offseason would be for Lance to ball out and cause a QB controversy.
I think one of the main reasons McCarthy was retained was to see what he could get out of Lance. MM is a great QB coach, he's actually gotten a lot out of Dak, but unfortunately you can't fix the choke glitch.

I think Jerry kept him and said "look, if Lance looks great in the preseason, and Dak starts slow, we're going to make a change, and how well we do after that will determine your future here."

Because honestly, there isn't much else that makes sense as to why MM was retained as HC. The other top candidates out there were all defensive guys.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Wouldn't be shocked at this point to see Dak traded on draft day and Lance being handed the helm. Just seeing the version of what all in means with the Jones boys.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
No NFL team wants him for the money he thinks he should be paid.
Dak is doing the lame duck walk and Jerry is getting his pound of flesh this coming season.
You say this but it's absolutely untrue. If Dak were a free agent today, he'd get all that's he's asking for and more. We don't realize how bad it can be cause we've been relatively sorted for a decade plus at QB, but when you're a team playing the likes of Derek Carr, Desmond Ridder, Mac Jones, Josh Dobbs, Tommy DeVito--getting Dak would be like the second coming. A team just paid Kirk Cousins a crap ton of money! If you don't have QB solved, you don't stand a chance in the league, and Dak solves that for most NFL teams. We also don't know how it feels to have a front office that knows how to (or wants to) still spend in the team even with a big cap expense for the QB. But other teams find a way! We just choose not to.

I agree his time is done here, and I understand why you think he's just a bum, but be realistic.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You say this but it's absolutely untrue. If Dak were a free agent today, he'd get all that's he's asking for and more. We don't realize how bad it can be cause we've been relatively sorted for a decade plus at QB, but when you're a team playing the likes of Derek Carr, Desmond Ridder, Mac Jones, Josh Dobbs, Tommy DeVito--getting Dak would be like the second coming. A team just paid Kirk Cousins a crap ton of money! If you don't have QB solved, you don't stand a chance in the league, and Dak solves that for most NFL team.

I agree his time is done here, and I understand why you think he's just a bum, but be realistic.
aed.jpg

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
He’s not wrong. All it takes is 1 team and dak would 1000% get the contract he wants. If him and representatives didn’t think that and the cowboys offered a lesser deal why wouldn’t they accept it ? Because they know whether it’s in Dallas or another team someone will give dak whatever he wants if he hits the open market.

you can think he sucks all you want, can’t argue that with you or won’t but thinking he won’t get absolutely what he wants from another team is flat out wrong

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s not wrong. All it takes is 1 team and dak would 1000% get the contract he wants. If him and representatives didn’t think that and the cowboys offered a lesser deal why wouldn’t they accept it ? Because they know whether it’s in Dallas or another team someone will give dak whatever he wants.

you can think he sucks all you want, can’t argue that with you or won’t but thinking he won’t get absolutely what he wants from another team is flat out wrong
Unless I'm wrong no other team has a cloned Jerry Jones as their GM.
After the draft, no team is giving Prescott the deal he wants.
Dreaming is good..............and it's free.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
f him and representatives didn’t think that and the cowboys offered a lesser deal why wouldn’t they accept it ? Because they know whether it’s in Dallas or another team someone will give dak whatever he wants if he hits the open market.
I have said this before........I'm pretty sure Dak's agent can peel off at least 2 teams willing to pay if he becomes a free agent. In this day and age of technology, the pampering rule is a joke. Impossible for the league to control

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Unless I'm wrong no other team has a cloned Jerry Jones as their GM.
After the draft, no team is giving Prescott the deal he wants.
Dreaming is good..............and it's free.
it doesn’t need to be after the draft lol it can be next offseason, dak doesn’t need the cowboys as much as the cowboys need him that’s the entire point when it comes to negotiating with him.He will get absolutely every penny that he wants. He has all the leverage.

He also knows what has been told to him by the front office, if he truly was being told that it’s likely his last year as a cowboy he could easily have demanded a trade this off season and basically dictated where he went. Could have been Atlanta, Vegas, Minnesota, multiple spots.

The “mutual understanding “ him and Dallas have is that a deal will get done at some point and they both want him as a cowboy for the rest of his career. Whether me you or anyone loves or hates it

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it doesn’t need to be after the draft lol it can be next offseason, dak doesn’t need the cowboys as much as the cowboys need him that’s the entire point. He will get absolutely every penny that he wants. He has all the leverage.

He also knows what has been told to him by the front office, if he truly was being told that it’s likely his last year as a cowboy he could easily could have demanded a trade this off season and basically dictated where he went. Could have been Atlanta, Vegas, Minnesota, multiple spots.

The “mutual understanding “ him and Dallas have is that a deal will get done and they both want him as a cowboy for the rest of his career.
Really can I have your proof or are you just pulling rabbits out of hats?
Money talks and BS walks............you are aware of this phrase?
Where is the extension as last I heard they are locked and loaded to have him play out the season as is.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Really can I have your proof or are you just pulling rabbits out of hats?
Money talks and BS walks............you are aware of this phrase?
Where is the extension as last I heard they locked and loaded to have him play out the season as is.
The proof is easily deduced by the fact that they aren’t trading him for assets and he didn’t make a demand. As incompetent as the cowboys franchise is, if they really were dead set on moving on they’d have shop him for something instead of letting him walk for nothing.

The problem is that so many want this to be true they ignore everything else and hear what they want. You’re telling me I’m pulling rabbits out of my hat yet are doing the same thing assuming he’s gone….pot meet kettle.

Daydreaming is fun and it’s free!

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The proof is easily deduced by the fact that they aren’t trading him for assets and he didn’t make a demand. As incompetent as the cowboys franchise is, if they really were dead set on moving on they’d have shop him for something instead of letting him walk for nothing.

The problem is that so many want this to be true they ignore everything else and hear what they want. You’re telling me I’m pulling rabbits out of my hat yet are doing the same thing assuming he’s gone….pot meet kettle.

Daydreaming is fun and it’s free!
No one wants him for the $ he wants hence no trade.
He is only a franchise QB with the sold-out media and the Dakdavidians here in the CZ.
Name me 3 signature wins of his in the last 8 years.
I dare you!!!!!
Buc game don't count as beating an 8-9 playoff team doesn't qualify.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
No one wants him for the $ he wants hence no trade.
He is only a franchise QB with the sold-out media and the Dakdavidians here in the CZ.
I dare you!!!!!
Buc game don't count as beating an 8-9 playoff team doesn't qualify.
This isn’t about how good or bad I think dak is…trade him, I’m fine with it. It’s about the quarterback starved hungry teams that will convince themselves into believing a new surrounding will be better for him and they can make it work with him. If you don’t believe me listen to people who report on the league who say that he “will have no shortage of suitors”.

You have no clue what you are talking about. There’s no trade because he wasn’t being shopped, because the cowboys want him around whether you, I, or whomever agree or don’t

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This isn’t about how good or bad I think dak is…trade him, I’m fine with it. It’s about the quarterback starved hungry teams that will convince themselves into believing a new surrounding will be better for him and they can make it work with him. If you don’t believe me listen to people who report on the league who say that he “will have no shortage of suitors”.

You have no clue what you are talking about. There’s no trade because he wasn’t being shopped, because the cowboys want him around whether you, I, or whomever agree or don’t
I dare you!!!!! :cool:

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I dare you!!!!! :cool:
if I said he had 10 or he has 0…let’s say he had zero for the sake of your argument, he’d still get the money he wants in free agency. You literally have no idea what you’re talking about.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if I said he had 10 or he has 0…let’s say he had zero for the sake of your argument, he’d still get the money he wants in free agency. You literally have no idea what you’re talking about.
And this is the QB who is a shoo-in to cash in the FA market?
GL