Twitter: Rapoport: Unlikely Jerry waits until January 14th to make a decision on Garrett

Chuck 54

Reaction score
You guys are like a bunch of ladies the night before Black Friday.

Jerry already has his list and knows what he’s going to do. If one of the candidates doing nterviews right now was on his radar, he’d be on it. The one thing we all know about Jerry is that he gets his player or coach if he wants him.

Asklesko

Reaction score
It's very likely that Jerry waits until January 2030 to look for a replacement for Garrett.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
JG is moving to the FO. It’s happening.

nobody

Reaction score
If he does decide to go in a new direction, sooner would be better, rather than waiting until all the best candidates are gone.

Jerry does what's best for Jerry, not the Cowboys. He always seems to wait until the good ones are gone...it means he can pay less.

khiladi

Reaction score
I watched Jerry’s post-game presser. He repeatedly said he does not have anything “shareable” regarding a decision on coaches or personnel decisions.

To me, just bc he does not announce anything immediately after the final game— does not mean he has not been doing some homework, making some calls, and preparing to move on from Garrett.

Jerry loves the guy. We all look at it from a strictly football perspective— which is fine. But JJ was talking about working with Garrett’s dad for years— so he has watched Jason grow up and respects the entire Garrett family. He is not going to disrespect Garrett publicly in any way during this process.

BUT— I don’t think that means Garrett is returning. Jerry talked about making a lot of changes and that these next few days would be busy.

With Garrett’s contract expiring, JJ could be looking for his successor while simultaneously taking his time to close out this season with Jason and preserve the relationship along the way.

He met Jason Garrett when he was already a pro. Jim got his sons roster sports from the Arena league when Jerry was already owner. Jim brought his sons wherever he went, meaning there whole career is an example of nepotism at its finest.

Hardly watching that fool grow up.. Jim worked his way into the inner circle of Jerry and was part of the Lacewell culture..

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
The players are going to have a hard time adapting to a new coach if he doesnt clap for them or pat them on the but when their make major game losing mistakes. The players are hooked on JG because he makes them feel warm and fuzzy.
What about shoving the players when they make a play they get paid to make and that insidious sheet eating grin Garrett gives them.

mmohican29

Reaction score
yeah I think he might be the best choice of all the coaches.

Not so sure.

When you add a Nick Bosa, Dee Ford, Witherspoon, Sherman and collect multiple top 5 selections on the DL in the past 3 years- you can look like a genius all of a sudden.

This team was TRASH for 4 years but spent in FA and made good picks.

TWOK11

Reaction score
This is so silly

Of course he won’t wait until then. That didn’t mean Garrett will be “fired”. We can hire someone else before his contract is up.

cern

Reaction score
We'll know about Garrett in 1-2 days. As for new coach. Who knows?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This is so silly

Of course he won’t wait until then. That didn’t mean Garrett will be “fired”. We can hire someone else before his contract is up.
Your thinking logically, you have to start thinking like jerry, just listen to how he talks, and you get an idea how his brain works :omg:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
No my point is no first time head coach is the best candidate here. They will get walked on by the Owner.

It can't be a guy just grateful for the job. It has to be someone that must be wooed.
good point, but Jimmy was first time too, it just depends on the guy.
But if he had demands, jerry just wouldnt hire him.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
"unlikely" ???

Thats reporting now ?

I can say that about anything ... Rappaport is garbage.