Rapoport: Watson officially requests trade

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Some of the mocks I've seen have been pretty crazy. If this weren't a strong year for QB's at the top of the draft, I think more teams would want to dangle 2-3 #1's for him especially if those picks have a likelihood of being top tens.

Wilson/Fields may not be a Watson, but they will be a lot cheaper on rookie contracts and could be a find that makes them the equal or better of Watson. Do you think SD/BUF are going to give away Herbert/Allen for Watson?

I think there's more suitors for Stafford than Watson honestly.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Been saying this since he requested out of Houston.

Sign and trade Prescott, Cooper, and Elliott for Watson.

Houston would have Prescott with Elliott, David and Duke Johnson in the backfield. Cooper, Fuller, Cooks, and Coulee on the outside. That would be attractive for them.

Dallas would have Watson with Lamb, Gallup, and Wilson in the slot. Schultz and Jarwin at TE. You draft a new RB and WRs along with defense and OL. Dallas has 10 draft picks and could get this done.

Watson is two years younger and is signed for the next five years. His cap hits are 16, 40, 42, 35, and 32. All within reason for a top 5 QB.

You can say it 100 more times and it's still not going to happen. But it's definitely not the worst idea I've seen posted here, so I'll give you that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's incredible to see all of these teams regret paying their guy and you got Cowboys fan's ignoring what's going on around the league and breaking out their Pom Pom's to sign Dak.

The worst part is our idiot owner is going to sign him to a team crushing deal.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On Houston talk radio someone called in saying sign Dak and trade for Watson straight up, they of course laughed. But said Dak and 3 first rounders they'd do it

I'd make that deal. Throw in Lamb too. Get it done.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Deshaun Watson has officially requested a trade from the Houston Texans. This is what happens when you don't take care of your franchise QB.

He was a little cry baby. First he got upset when he wasn't included in the hiring process of their new GM. What player gets that? Then he wasn't immediately consulted in the head coach hiring and he cried some more What QB gets that kind of input? If the situation would have ever come up probably only Brady would get that and Watson is no Brady. How many GM's are going to want a QB that thinks his authority reaches higher than his position as a player. This was like some store employee not a manager given input ion who the next district manager will be. That would be for input on the GM and then the same person gets input on the next store manager is like Watson and the new coach. He was a cry baby over something he had no business in in the first place.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Handful of teams need a quarterback. He'll be signed immediately.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I don’t blame Watson at all for this. He has the drive to go to a successful team and win, nothing wrong with that.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Deshaun Watson has officially requested a trade from the Houston Texans. This is what happens when you don't take care of your franchise QB.

Assign the non-exclusive tag to Dak Prescott and offer him and Dallas' 2022 1st round draft pick to Houston in exchange for Watson and JJ Watt (their combined 2021 cap hit is $33.5M)

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
This is what happens when you don't take care of your franchise QB.
B.S.
This is what happens when you have a whiny, privileged crybaby that somehow thinks he should say who the coach and GM hires should be.

And has done nothing but put up decent, but not great, stats.

This is what the world has become :rolleyes:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He was a little cry baby. First he got upset when he wasn't included in the hiring process of their new GM. What player gets that? Then he wasn't immediately consulted in the head coach hiring and he cried some more What QB gets that kind of input? If the situation would have ever come up probably only Brady would get that and Watson is no Brady. How many GM's are going to want a QB that thinks his authority reaches higher than his position as a player. This was like some store employee not a manager given input ion who the next district manager will be. That would be for input on the GM and then the same person gets input on the next store manager is like Watson and the new coach. He was a cry baby over something he had no business in in the first place.

Oh, I agree. And I'm enjoying the collapse of the Texans. They are a team that I very much dislike and enjoy seeing them like this. As for Watson, I also agree that he should not have that much say. However, he apparently was told he'd be allowed to have input and all. It seems, from what I understand about the situation, that they did not keep their promise to him. Additionally, the comment about taking care of the franchise QB didn't have so much to do with that situation as the fact that we have not done well at taking care of Dak. If anything, Dak has a larger reason to be upset than Deshaun Watson. If we keep Dak, we better take care of him. If we find a new starting QB, we need to do what we can to take care of him too. Franchise QBs are hard to come by. We have one by luck who proceeded another one by luck.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
So let's say he goes to the Jet's..

When does he make them a title contender?

Not only do they have to overcome his contract but they also have to overcome all of the draft compensation they gave up.

The smart play is a rookie QB or build around Darnold who is 23 years old with 4 years of experience.
Darnold has one more cheap year left on his contract. If he pops this year, he will want more money then Watson. I would personally trade three first round picks for the Cowboys to get Watson and get that cap space then sign and trade Dak. Watson’s cap hit is low and we can bring in free agents. Trade Dak and get our picks back. Houston is probably the least talented team in the league. Watson won 4 games with this dumpster fire.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Assign the non-exclusive tag to Dak Prescott and offer him and Dallas' 2022 1st round draft pick to Houston in exchange for Watson and JJ Watt (their combined 2021 cap hit is $33.5M)

No deal. I'm not trading a 1 for Watson and Watt. Watt's best days are behind him, and we need to get younger on defence. We need all the 1sts we can get atm to fix our defence through the draft.

12+88=7

Reaction score
You can say it 100 more times and it's still not going to happen. But it's definitely not the worst idea I've seen posted here, so I'll give you that.

Better than Dak_Attack_09, wow thanks.

I also realize it's not going to happen, but as long as we are posting fantasies.

In reality I think he gets traded to NYJ.

Rayman70

Reaction score
ya, we wouldnt want the next best thing to mahomes...thatd be dumb
HE IS in no way, "the next best thing to Mahomes." just stop. lol....He is a streaky erratic QB that is off the charts great at times, but is a liability in long stretches. Its Mahomes, then a HUGE drop off to the next tier...he isnt even in the same conversation as Pat.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You don't believe that yourself, Give Watson these weapons and a healthy line with Zeke behind him and he makes us instant NFC Contenders possibly super bowl contenders if the defense is fixed properly
guess anything is possible. My Dad once said NEVER SAY NEVER...so who knows.

JBS

Reaction score
The market is stupid and team crushing.

If you've won a title or have a truly elite QB then feel free to participate in the market of stupidity.

Just know you are almost guaranteed to kiss your championship aspirations goodbye after they are paid.

OK. So you call all the shots. What do you do now?