Rapoport: Watson officially requests trade

Sydla

Reaction score
Watson is a top 5 quarterback. Who has not begun his extension yet. Wilson and Fields are unproven. Darnold is bad. I disagree big time. He will fetch the biggest draft haul in the history of the league. Watson is 25 years old.

Yeah, I don't get this logic. Fields and Wilson have never taken a NFL snap.

If I could trade for him (meaning we'd have to move Dak), I'd do it in a heartbeat.

His contract isn't that terrible. After the 2022 season, he could be cut and you'd save a ton of cap space.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
B.S.
This is what happens when you have a whiny, privileged crybaby that somehow thinks he should say who the coach and GM hires should be.

And has done nothing but put up decent, but not great, stats.

This is what the world has become :rolleyes:

They traded away his #1 WR, traded away numerous early round draft picks, and have done nothing to provide him any assistance.......I would be pretty done with the crap show organization as well.

When JJ Watt and Andre Johnson are both calling out the Texans FO you know you have a problem.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
B.S.
This is what happens when you have a whiny, privileged crybaby that somehow thinks he should say who the coach and GM hires should be.

In fairness, trading Hopkins for what little they got back would be an annoyance. However, my comment, as I said to another person on here, was more as a caution for us to make sure we take care of our QBs. I'm not saying have him whine about who is the coach and GM. We all know Jerry has that say. However, in other matters, I think the QB should be taken care of.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
B.S.

Did you have this same energy with Elway and Eli? For some reason I think you didnt.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think CAR is first in line. They have the nucleus of a good team and a HC that can be quite QB friendly to a player like Watson. Plus look at the division. Brees is gone, Ryan is a ? and how long will Brady play and can they keep that team together.

And the WFT might be in the running as well with some good pieces already in the mix.

If he doesn't like McNair, IND is the place to go. If they would trade him to them.
I don't see how they can match an offer from the Jets....who seem to really want him.

At least three firsts including the #2 overall this year.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I am curious about Catch's plan. Is he just saying keep drafting QBs high and then not pay them after 5 years?

Catch’s plan is that he believes he hears a “unique talent” in scouting QB’s and that it would be easy to just keep drafting and finding good QB’s. It’s easier than ever. Actually. Is what he believes.

So his plan is to use his infinite wisdom over career nfl scouts to just find good QB’s in the draft consistently.

Rayman70

Reaction score
if anyone is close to clutch as Pat M its still A. Rodgers IMO. Dak is a top 10 QB and you know what, that should be good enough to get the job done. 22 other teams would KILL to have a top 10 QB. We better not get too cute and lose him. He is young and in his prime. Sign the man and lets stop all the fairy tale crap.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I am curious about Catch's plan. Is he just saying keep drafting QBs high and then not pay them after 5 years?

That's my curiosity as well. As if franchise QBs grow on trees, which they don't. I literally created a thread on the 2000-2006 QBs that we had to prove that point. We've BEEN through searching for a franchise QB. It sucks. We lucked into 2. The Texans just ran the only franchise QB they've had in their history out of town basically. The Jets are STILL searching. The Browns FINALLY found one after a LONG time. The Cardinals FINALLY got a POSSIBILITY in Murray. Oh, and by the way, for those wondering about Jerry's idea of a QB, just remember that he nearly drafted Manziel and, in the same draft that we got Dak, he tried to trade up for Paxton Lynch. Luckily for us, the Broncos intercepted us on that one and rescued us.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't get this logic. Fields and Wilson have never taken a NFL snap.

If I could trade for him (meaning we'd have to move Dak), I'd do it in a heartbeat.

His contract isn't that terrible. After the 2022 season, he could be cut and you'd save a ton of cap space.
Catch-17 is a great poster but he seems to like certain types of quarterbacks. He is a big fan of Trevor Lawrence, Josh Allen, Tom Brady, and Carson Wentz. I think we can win with Dak with a defense that compliments the offense.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Give me Dak and his leadership ANYDAY over Watson, and lets see what happens. Dak is the most underrated and disrespected QB in the league. Its mind boggling. PEOPLE need to remind themselves of how many passing yards he had in 2019 and was on pace for in 2020. The guy can fling the rock and do it accurately.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Catch-17 is a great poster but he seems to like certain types of quarterbacks. He is a big fan of Trevor Lawrence, Josh Allen, Tom Brady, and Carson Wentz. I think we can win with Dak with a defense that compliments the offense.

Or at least one that doesn't get completely gashed on the ground. If we can get at least an average defence, I think we can make a deep playoff run. We just need the defence to not give up 30+ points per game like they did for the most part this season. Oh, and they basically did that last season too. Good luck being successful with a poor defence like that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Give me Dak and his leadership ANYDAY over Watson, and lets see what happens. Dak is the most underrated and disrespected QB in the league. Its mind boggling. PEOPLE need to remind themselves of how many passing yards he had in 2019 and was on pace for in 2020. The guy can fling the rock and do it accurately.

Exactly, what he NEEDS is a defence that can hold the other team at bay so that we can actually have a CHANCE. When the defence is giving up 30+ points per game, that makes it even harder to win. Especially when you have a RB that was fumbling so much one would think he was trying to make apple turnovers.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
OK. So you call all the shots. What do you do now?

Depends where my team is.

If i'm Dallas i'm looking hard at Justin Fields or Mac Jones. My focus would be to build a great team around them while saving the money.

I don't think we are a title contender either way.

Could we win our division and make the playoffs? Sure.. I'd rather be terrible than mediocre though.

Rayman70

Reaction score
3852 passing yards for Watson in 2019 to 4902 for Dak Prescott in 2019. A year when both guys played all 16 games. The stats don't lie.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Exactly, what he NEEDS is a defence that can hold the other team at bay so that we can actually have a CHANCE. When the defence is giving up 30+ points per game, that makes it even harder to win. Especially when you have a RB that was fumbling so much one would think he was trying to make apple turnovers.
wellsaid.

JBS

Reaction score
Depends where my team is.

If i'm Dallas i'm looking hard at Justin Fields or Mac Jones. My focus would be to build a great team around them while saving the money.

I don't think we are a title contender either way.

Could we win our division and make the playoffs? Sure.. I'd rather be terrible than mediocre though.

Yeah we are talking about Dallas. So would you go get field or would you tank? To go get Fields, you are burning big assets too. At least 2 firsts

fivetwos

Reaction score
I personally think Jerry will pay Dak 50m a year before he lets him go.