Rapoport: Watson officially requests trade

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Furboy, Jan 28, 2021.

1. doomsday9084

doomsday9084 Well-Known Member

761 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    I'm not as up on this as I used to be. I believe if he gets traded, the Texans have to eat the rest of his signing bonus and the team that gets him just pays his salary and roster bonuses. So:

Texans -> $21.5m cap hit
    Team X pays:
    2021 10.5m
    2022 35m
    2023 37m
    2024 32m
    2025 32m

So, he is 5 years 146.5m for the team that gets him. That's a pretty nice contract for a QB of his level.

dogberry likes this.
  2. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

12,376 Messages
    16,931 Likes Received
    Like Wilson carried his team in the playoffs?

3. Beaker42

Beaker42 Well-Known Member

5,595 Messages
    4,610 Likes Received
    This will DRASTICALLY alter the 1st round.

Rayman70 likes this.
  4. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

16,774 Messages
    17,626 Likes Received
    Thankies. ANY QB will struggle to win when your defence is giving up what this team has. If you're having to score 30-40+ points per game to have a CHANCE to win, you know there's something VERY wrong with the defence. Normally, when you're scoring 30-40+ points per game (like we did with Dak mind you), you're cruising to a big victory. However, we were losing despite scoring that much? Against Cleveland? Dak played well that game. We put 38 points on the board that game! Yet CLEVELAND put up 49! Oh, and the game that they pulled away on was a REVERSE play that rarely works unless you're playing our atrocious defence. Oh, and I believe that it was 3rd down on that play if my memory serves me right. If that gets stopped like it SHOULD and get the ball back, we probably win with the way Dak played that game. We BARELY beat the Falcons by scoring FORTY points that game. Those are points tallies that should net you a CONVINCING victory. NOT a loss or a close win.

Rayman70 likes this.
  5. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

20,964 Messages
    19,029 Likes Received
    Colts will go all in on Wentz I think.There is a strong relationship with Reich and Wentz.

Furboy likes this.
  6. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

55,932 Messages
    58,015 Likes Received
    What do you mean?

What are you trying to accomplish with a Russel Wilson argument? He does nothing but support what I say.

Robbieac and pjtoadie like this.
  7. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

20,964 Messages
    19,029 Likes Received
    yeah, THAT Cleveland game was very hard to handle for the eyes lol. Dak did a whale of a job just to keep us halfway in it. But the defense was horrid. Cleveland looked like world beaters, then again..everyone we played did lol.

Furboy likes this.
  8. phildadon86

12,376 Messages
    16,931 Likes Received
    No he doesnt. You have said countless times he carries his team. I am simply proving yet again you have no idea what you are talking about. You need to stop because you look like a child beating the floor because you arent getting your way. Dont make me look up your history of posts comparing Wilson to Dak and saying the difference is Wilson carries his team and wills them to win. Please. Dont make me do it.

Have you ever admitted to being wrong? Ever on this site?

9. TexasFrog

TexasFrog Zone Supporter

7,705 Messages
    8,108 Likes Received
    I’d agree with you 100% on anyone else but right now the Texans are a dumpster fire with so many internal issues that I don’t blame him. Cal McNair has continued to step in it with moves dating back to a few years ago. Even guys who worked their tails off in the losing early years like Andre Johnson have come out and told him to stand his ground. Guys should commit to their contract...agreed. I just don’t think what is going on there is a normal situation internally

pjtoadie and Furboy like this.
  10. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

6,899 Messages
    8,361 Likes Received
    min trying to figure out how the panthers had FOUR 1000 yd receivers last year, and McCaffrey was out lol

11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

55,932 Messages
    58,015 Likes Received
    lol.. You are just proving you have no idea how to comprehend.

Russel Wilson...

1. He's won a Superbowl and been to another...

That alone gives me no problem with paying him as a reward. If you want to get stupid and pay Flacco or Nick Foles when they hand over a title i'm all for it.

On top of that.

2. He is an elite player.

You pay the elite guys even though you are screwing your team over for several seasons.

3. I've said many many times that even when you pay the truly elite guys it is still tough to win.

He's consistently carrying his team to the playoffs but they have too many holes because his contract has screwed them over since he signed it. Now they may finally be able to open a year or 2 Window on the back end of the deal.

He is a model for what I say and in fact I would argue that Dallas and Seattle are very similar in teams. I think we may have a better roster then they do in fact.

Robbieac likes this.
  12. USArmyVet

USArmyVet Well-Known Member

2,056 Messages
    3,561 Likes Received

Dude seek help as you constantly threatening people with looking up their post history makes you sound like a damn stalker who is stalking an ex.

pjtoadie likes this.
  13. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

16,774 Messages
    17,626 Likes Received
    Exactly! Dak kept us in that game. He was the REASON we were IN that game at all. Our defence could not make a play that game. Need a tackle? Our defence wasn't going to make it. I don't care if you have Patrick Mahomes. When your defence can't make a stop to save their life, you're NOT going to win that game. And the problem is, we had one of the worst defences of ALL TIME! Not just in Cowboys history! Think Patrick Mahomes wins with that defence? As great as he is, nope! Every QB needs help. American Football is the ULTIMATE TEAM GAME. You need a TEAM to win! This isn't basketball where you can just have Kobe Bryant or Lebron James carry you down the court to win the game. You need a TEAM to win. Yes, it's nice to have flashy players on offence, which we have. But when you don't have a defence, you're not winning. Simple as that. Plus, you NEED to be able to start in better field position than what we had this season. How many times while Dak was QB did we start at less than the 20? A lot! Why? Cuz we gave up a lot of points and we had KR trying to return the ball and getting smashed before the 25 yard line. Think you will be able to consistently drive 75+ yards every single drive for a TD? Nope, but that's basically what you have to do in order to win with this defence.

Rayman70 likes this.
  14. phildadon86

12,376 Messages
    16,931 Likes Received
    Oh hes elite? Why did Dak beat him in the playoffs? Why couldnt he will his team to beat our mediocre QB? And dont bring up how much better we were than Seattle because the last time I spent an hour bringing stat upon stat to debunk that notion and you disappeared.

15. Future

Future Intramural Legend

27,062 Messages
    14,100 Likes Received
    Huh? They had 2

Proof likes this.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

55,932 Messages
    58,015 Likes Received
    Dak beat him in the playoffs because we had a significantly better team than Seattle and we played them at home.

Asking me to not bring up that we were a better team is just stupid. I give a **** about your stats. That Seattle team was a 1 man show.

17. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

20,619 Messages
    20,713 Likes Received
    Dak for Watson straight up?

Houston gets a “leader” and we get a QB

BigTimeBlues, TexasFrog and Vandyr like this.
  18. phildadon86

12,376 Messages
    16,931 Likes Received
    You really want to go down that road again? I already proved you wrong about that. WIth stats. And you still want to go there. I am done wasting my time with you. Either you are a child who can never admit when they are wrong, or you an internet troll who refuses to accept reality. I am done with you. I spent an hour proving you wrong with stats in almost every metric proving Seattle wasnt significantly worse than Dallas and you still go down that road? Grow up man. again. I am done.

19. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG "Dak 666" Zone Supporter

10,445 Messages
    15,674 Likes Received
    Dak-stalking baby simply the best!!

Wonder how much Prescott's PR dept is paying these folks to sell crazy here daily?
    [​IMG]

pjtoadie and USArmyVet like this.
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

55,932 Messages
    58,015 Likes Received

You're not done with me.

In fact you will keep following me around.. Whining, crying, and quoting me any chance you get..

It's me that doesn't do this to you.