Rapoport: Wentz tears ACL Per Eagles HC **merged**

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Greg Cook? Seems like a very strange comparison to RG3 and Wentz.

Cook suffered a torn rotator cuff in 1969, similar to the injury Brees had in 2005. Unfortunately, Cook wasn't shutdown for the season, then the surgery he had sliced through muscle - arthroscopic wasn't a thing yet. His arm was never the same.

How that compares to RG3 or Wentz is anyone's guess.

They are legitimately serious injuries.

Wentz struggles to stay on the field because he gets injured.

It's not rocket science.

Well...for you maybe it is.

YR

Staubacher

Reaction score
Watching the Eagles game yesterday the key play for both teams was the taunting penalty. After a key 3rd down stop the Ram’s defensive back couldn’t help himself and taunted the Eagle’s receiver right in front of the official. The 15-yard penalty and automatic first down led to an Eagles TD pass by Wentz which cost the Rams the game. But Wentz was injured on the extended drive which likely ended the Eagles’ season . It’s ironic how things work out sometimes. Hard to know what’s good and what’s bad.

Reminds me of the ancient story about the Chinese farmer:

One day the farmer’s horse runs away. And his neighbor comes over and says, to commiserate, “I’m so sorry about your horse.” And the farmer says “Who Knows What’s Good or Bad?” The neighbor is confused because this is clearly terrible. The horse is the most valuable thing he owns.

But the horse comes back the next day and he brings with him 12 feral horses. The neighbor comes back over to celebrate, “Congratulations on your great fortune!” And the farmer replies again: “Who Knows What’s Good or Bad?”

And the next day the farmer’s son is taming one of the wild horses and he’s thrown and breaks his leg. The neighbor comes back over, “I’m so sorry about your son.” The farmer repeats: “Who Knows What’s Good or Bad?”

Sure enough, the next day the army comes through their village and is conscripting able-bodied young men to go and fight in war, but the son is spared because of his broken leg.

And this story can go on and on like that. Good. Bad. Who knows?
Butterfly effect. Hurts my head haha

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sean Lee was a second round pick, BECAUSE of his injury history. He would have been a first rounder if not.

So with Sean Lee this was kind of expected going into the draft.

I don't need a review on Sean Lee's history.

I'll play along though.

Is Dez Bryant a bust? What about Tyron Smith?

haleyrules

Reaction score
At this point he needs to be considered as possibly being a bust. I'm sure the media will do everything to protect him against that. They couldn't do that for Ki-Jana Carter who couldn't stay healthy because Carter played for the Bengals instead of the media-beloved Eagles. But, Wentz is starting to look like a bust nonetheless.

YR
:). Lets hope. Fragile comes to mind.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Andrew Luck died, right? Condolences to his family.

HungryLion

Reaction score

I'll play along though.

Just countering your point. Sean Lee isn’t the best example because he fell in the draft due to injury concerns.

Neither Dez nor Tyron are busts.

It’s also way too premature to think Wentz is a bust based off two injuries, one that only caused him to miss pre season games. Takes a lot more injuries than that, to make somebody a bust.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

I'll play along though.

They don't play QB.

We can all agree that there is a major dropoff in starting QB versus backup QB in the NFL.

And we can agree that the QB position is the most important position in the NFL.

Thus, if your QB cannot stay on the field, it's a major issue.

It's a big reason why we went with Vinny Testaverde in 2004. Quincy was about to be suspended for pot use and another violation would add to a bigger penalty. Having a QB that may be out of action at any time is very bad.

I just think the Browns had the foresight to see that a kid from North Dakota who had to play the likes of Wofford probably could not sustain the physical toll that much larger and faster competition in the NFL puts on a player.

Kudos to them.

YR

Reaction score
At this point he needs to be considered as possibly being a bust. I'm sure the media will do everything to protect him against that. They couldn't do that for Ki-Jana Carter who couldn't stay healthy because Carter played for the Bengals instead of the media-beloved Eagles. But, Wentz is starting to look like a bust nonetheless.

YR
Maybe we should wait and see how he plays when he returns before we start throwing around the bust label.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Watching the Eagles game yesterday the key play for both teams was the taunting penalty. After a key 3rd down stop the Ram’s defensive back couldn’t help himself and taunted the Eagle’s receiver right in front of the official. The 15-yard penalty and automatic first down led to an Eagles TD pass by Wentz which cost the Rams the game. But Wentz was injured on the extended drive which likely ended the Eagles’ season . It’s ironic how things work out sometimes. Hard to know what’s good and what’s bad.

Reminds me of the ancient story about the Chinese farmer:

One day the farmer’s horse runs away. And his neighbor comes over and says, to commiserate, “I’m so sorry about your horse.” And the farmer says “Who Knows What’s Good or Bad?” The neighbor is confused because this is clearly terrible. The horse is the most valuable thing he owns.

But the horse comes back the next day and he brings with him 12 feral horses. The neighbor comes back over to celebrate, “Congratulations on your great fortune!” And the farmer replies again: “Who Knows What’s Good or Bad?”

And the next day the farmer’s son is taming one of the wild horses and he’s thrown and breaks his leg. The neighbor comes back over, “I’m so sorry about your son.” The farmer repeats: “Who Knows What’s Good or Bad?”

Sure enough, the next day the army comes through their village and is conscripting able-bodied young men to go and fight in war, but the son is spared because of his broken leg.

And this story can go on and on like that. Good. Bad. Who knows?
:).

Sydla

Reaction score
They don't play QB.

We can all agree that there is a major dropoff in starting QB versus backup QB in the NFL.

And we can agree that the QB position is the most important position in the NFL.

Thus, if your QB cannot stay on the field, it's a major issue.

It's a big reason why we went with Vinny Testaverde in 2004. Quincy was about to be suspended for pot use and another violation would add to a bigger penalty. Having a QB that may be out of action at any time is very bad.

I just think the Browns had the foresight to see that a kid from North Dakota who had to play the likes of Wofford probably could not sustain the physical toll that much larger and faster competition in the NFL puts on a player.

Kudos to them.

YR

He played his entire rookie year. He made it 12 games in his 2nd year before getting hurt. You act like he's played like 8 games over two seasons. Yes, I know he got hurt at NDSU.

As someone said above, we need to see a lot more about his play and his injury history going forward to start saying we should probably get ready to call to him a bust.

visionary

Reaction score
WARNING

Please do not let this turn into a personal attack thread just because you don't like if someone is Happy or not about this injury.

The last got shut down due to people getting personal about the topic and name calling.

Where's the fun in that?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
He played his entire rookie year. He made it 12 games in his 2nd year before getting hurt. You act like he's played like 8 games over two seasons. Yes, I know he got hurt at NDSU.

As someone said above, we need to see a lot more about his play and his injury history going forward to start saying we should probably get ready to call to him a bust.

We should at least consider him being a bust. That consideration was given to RG3 when he first got hurt.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Maybe we should wait and see how he plays when he returns before we start throwing around the bust label.

I think any QB that has 11 incompletions in a row against our defense should likely be considered a bust. The injuries just solidify that fact.

YR