Rapoport: Wentz tears ACL Per Eagles HC **merged**

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
This might be some of the dumbest logic I have ever seen on this board. And that's saying something.

So because he had 11 incompletions against us, he's gotta be considered a bust............... yes, 11 passes outweighs an entire season of work where he likely was heading for a Top 3 finish in the MVP race.

Oy vey.

No, he's also been injured, too. That goes into the 'bust' label.

How soon we forget.

YR

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
Sucks for Wentz. If he would have been another team I would feel even worse for him. As for Iggles fans I'm giddy as hell they lost their best player and Superbowl chances. I will never forget they way they acted when Mike got his career ended. Makes it even more sweet that they were pretty much a shoe in for the Superbowl. Get better Carson and suck it eagles fans!

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
The guy was a legit MVP candidate before yesterday. If is an awfully big fall from there to being a bust. RG3 was considered a bust more because of the college, gimmicky offense he had to run because he was incapable of running an NFL offense. His injuries just accelerated the process.

I have no idea how this injury will affect him long term. And neither do you. And neither does he for that matter. Or the Eagles brass.

I believe Adrian Peterson had an ACL in college and he turned out OK.

Medical technology is pretty good these days. Teddy Bridgewater almost lost his leg 20 month or so ago. Now he's the Vikings backup.

If you want to compare Wentz to Bridgewater...I think that speaks volumes.

And we must also consider the risk he is in the offseason as he is an avid hunter.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
LOL. Sheer homerism.

Hey, we did it for Griffin and he's just like Wentz.

You'd have a Carson Wentz full back tattoo if he was a Cowboy.

I don't like tattoos.

In less than 2 years, Wentz has suffered two major injuries. If it were Romo, we would consider him to be too injury prone.

It's obvious the bigger and more athletic athletes in the NFL are a problem for Wentz.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
You are so right. Players from small schools who don't play the big boys can't handle life in the NFL. Like Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, Andre Reed, Dominique Rodgers Cromarte, Joe Flacco, Jeremiah Trotter, Deacon Jones, Tony Romo...those guys just couldn't hang, coming from small schools.

Romo got injured often. DRC was recruited by big programs and then settled for a smaller school due to academic issues.

And it's not that I ever said that NO small school player can never handle. But it's one of the big hurdles for small school players to overcome and clearly, Wentz has shown he cannot handle it over the course of a 16-game season.

YR

garyo1954

Reaction score
Figured it out......

If you're too old, injury prone, or a bust:

Congratulations! You get a thread!

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Figured it out......

If you're too old, injury prone, or a bust:

Congratulations! You get a thread!

Well, he's injury prone. And I have to question how him being an avid hunter will work for him in the offseason. We saw the distractions that golf was for Romo.

YR

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
they will not win much in playoffs with nick foles but I don't think any nfc team will win the superbowl I think that all comes down to which team wins the afc championship game between the steelers and pats
Man,I really can't see Pittsburgh doing anything in the post season, and every time I've watched some of their mediocre garbage game on my T.V. reinforces that viewo_O

CWR

Reaction score
9 to 12 month recovery time? Is that standard? I guess I didnt realize hed likely start next season on IR...

Sydla

Reaction score
No, he's also been injured, too. That goes into the 'bust' label.

How soon we forget.

YR

No you said this............. be careful with your words.

I think any QB that has 11 incompletions in a row against our defense should likely be considered a bust

You added injury in the next sentence but your sentence above is pretty clear. Further, again, he has had one injury in the NFL.......... an injury that QBs have come back from and still played well.

Here's what is going on. You want to hope and wish he's a bust but nothing at this point should indicate to anyone that he's likely a bust.

Sydla

Reaction score
Well, he's injury prone. And I have to question how him being an avid hunter will work for him in the offseason. We saw the distractions that golf was for Romo.

YR

Now you are just trolling. It's the only excuse.

Plankton

Reaction score
200.gif

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
No you said this............. be careful with your words.

You added injury in the next sentence but your sentence above is pretty clear. Further, again, he has had one injury in the NFL.......... an injury that QBs have come back from and still played well.

Here's what is going on. You want to hope and wish he's a bust but nothing at this point should indicate to anyone that he's likely a bust.

I don't care if he's a bust or not. I'm a believer that the Cowboys should focus on just improving themselves and becoming the best team they can be. Wentz being a flat-out bust who can't stay healthy thru a 16-game season is out of our control.

Nice try on taking my words out of context though.

YR

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't care if he's a bust or not. I'm a believer that the Cowboys should focus on just improving themselves and becoming the best team they can be. Wentz being a flat-out bust who can't stay healthy thru a 16-game season is out of our control.

Nice try on taking my words out of context though.

YR

I took nothing out of context. I used your exact quote. You said any QB that has 11 incompletions against our defense is should likely be considered a bust. You wrote that, no one else.

And it's funny that you don't care if he's a bust or not yet were the one who came here to claim he's likely a bust and have argued with anyone who disagrees with you. Yeah, but you don't care.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
It sucks for him he was heading for an MVP in his 2nd year as a pro that's crazy. It's going to be painful facing him twice a year for the next 10 years. As for the Eagles don't much care. I think they can certainly make a Super Bowl the only obstacle would be Minnesota, but they are beatable without Wentz. I don't see them beating the patriots if they make the Super Bowl. Foles can be hot, and cold. He's a game manager that I've compared to Dak with a stronger arm. He might want to ask the Hall of Fame for his gear back.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Now you are just trolling. It's the only excuse.

I'm reminded of Matt Dunigan who was one of the top CFL QB's that had severe questions towards his dedication in the offseason as he was an avid hunter. The same goes for Will Clark. Clark was very popular while teammate Barry Bonds was not. But what people didn't know was Bonds was a workaholic in the offseason while Clark, an avid hunter, would not put forth the effort to stay in shape in the offseason.

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I took nothing out of context. I used your exact quote. You said any QB that has 11 incompletions against our defense is should likely be considered a bust. You wrote that, no one else.

And it's funny that you don't care if he's a bust or not yet were the one who came here to claim he's likely a bust and have argued with anyone who disagrees with you. Yeah, but you don't care.

You did not take my previous posts when I discussed being injured as well.

You cherry picked which is a great example of how you post and how desperate you get when things do not go your way in threads.

YR.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm reminded of Matt Dunigan who was one of the top CFL QB's that had severe questions towards his dedication in the offseason as he was an avid hunter. The same goes for Will Clark. Clark was very popular while teammate Barry Bonds was not. But what people didn't know was Bonds was a workaholic in the offseason while Clark, an avid hunter, would not put forth the effort to stay in shape in the offseason.

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

YR

So if a QB is an avid hunter he can't be a good QB?

Brett Favre would like a word with you.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This might be some of the dumbest logic I have ever seen on this board. And that's saying something.

So because he had 11 incompletions against us, he's gotta be considered a bust............... yes, 11 passes outweighs an entire season of work where he likely was heading for a Top 3 finish in the MVP race.

Oy vey.

Let him embarrass himself.